How is this awful company still alive? They can't even consistently release decent games for their fucking mascot...

How is this awful company still alive? They can't even consistently release decent games for their fucking mascot. What other games do they even make? Do they just survive off publishing games?

Total War

>Yakuza 0
>Persona 5
They released the two best games of the year, one of which is the best game ever made

Get rekt shitface

>Sega
>bad
sega is alright. not good or great, but not complete garbage. the main issue with sega is sonic team. if sonic team wasn't an issue then 95% of sega's problems would be solved.

Easy

>Oh shit Lost World sells like shit and it's also mediocre
>Don't worry sempai, Puyo Puyo Tetris will release SOON and it will gain all the lost from Sonic

>Looks like BRB shitted up and Sonic Boom is the Worst Sonic game ever
>Let's port Puyo Puyo Tetris to 8 Gen consoles so Sega dosen't get angry at us

>Holy Shit, The Curse has been reversed and Chronicles sold like shit
>Let's Localize PPT, It will sell good because Normies like Tetris, And also port it to the Switch Too

>Farces is selling worse than a Fangame and it's getting Bashed even with OC's
>???
>Profit

Because "muh Sonic"
The Sonic series' downfall is going to happen to Mario too, and Nintendo will stay past their welcome for many years just like SEGA.

There's Total War and Persona 5. At this point I believe that their biggest problem is the sonic team and the moments they go full jew mode on Creative Assembly.

The problem with Forces is that Sega literally had everything in their hands to make Generations 2 but instead decided to make a cheap imitation with a B-team

>How is this awful company still alive?
They're not. They're SEGA in name only. Like Atari. It's just a name. The company itself as you knew it is gone.

THE WRONG KID DIED

Literally all the blame is on Sega Japan because not only are they super incompetent, they're extremely spiteful of the one company that's actually managing to keep them relevant period, the other SEGAs

Nintendo makes good games though. polished and welcome additions to the series every time minus a few spinoffs. Their market of kids wont get tired of it due to the nature of the kid market.

>released Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Sonic Mania this year
>one of the most successful years they had in a long time
>don't do micro transactions
>no lootboxes
>don't bank heavily on DLC
>don't screw their customers
>HURR TERRIBLE COMPANY

>kid grows up playing Nintendo games > starts a family themselves > gets their kids a Nintendo system

Brilliant. Too bad Old Sega isn't around anymore...

the 4 Year old game you listed there had an Abusive DLC

Not OP but my issue with Sega is that they are sitting on a lot of my favorite IPs and aren't doing anything with them. I'm glad we at least got the awesome 3D classics but even there they mostly focused on just a few of the more popular IPs. I'd like to see sequels and ports of games that aren't super popular. But then again, I'm not sure if current Sega could even make a good new Shining Force game, for instance...

>>don't do micro transactions
>>don't bank heavily on DLC

You realize SEGA gives marching orders to Creative Assembly aka Total War: DLC Wars? What they've been doing since Shogun 2 to that franchise alone should be criminal.

I can’t get over Valkyria Revolution looking this good and having Raita’s trademark massive rocket boobs, yet having such an abysmal pacing and gameplay.
I tried really hard to convince myself to buy that game but I simply can’t find it in me to spend over ten bucks on it.

Every Valkyria game has had shit gameplay.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD 5 + HD COLLECTION FOR PS4 WHEN

This so much
But at the same time
>Think that PPT is the Best Tetris game since DS
>Yet as a Puyo game, I Think that 20th/15th/Fever 2/Sun are definitely better

at least it was playable up to that point as a tactical game.
Revolution looks like an action rpg but it’s way too fucking slow.

>no lootboxes
Somebody hasn't played PSO2.

Hey, I saw one of these for 45 bucks and I was wondering if the quality was decent enough to buy to it. I've never played a Genesis game before and I heard the portable has speaker issues.

Sega is better then before, and always had some studio with good projects ongoing.
The thing is everyone is now aware how shitty sonic team is, which should be instead one of their better studios, or just disbanded at this point.
Seriously when was the last time they made a successfull game, something almost universally acclaimed?
Sonic adventure 2?
And even that didn't convince everyone back in the day, and today is mostly considered mediocre.

All things considered sega is unironically in a better spot now compared to some years ago.
They just need to do something, everything, to patch the sonic situation.
The worst thing would be leave everything as it is and never give sonic to other devs again.
Highly unlikely, unless they really want to be considered one of the shittiest company.

>the wrong Kidd died
Ftfy

any decent Android phone does a better job at emulation than these gorillion-in-one cheap portables.
spend a dozen bucks more to get an attachable controller instead.

>total war
>Dawn of war
>Company of heroes
>endless series (i think)

They get their sheckels from this mostly. Which is why i hate them coz they went full merchant mode on my favourite franchises and made them even more shitier for thr normies.

Oh really? does PSO2 not getting localized have something to do with Sonic Team?

i sacrifice any Genesis-styled Sonic game for PSO2 localized.

they published Persona 5. They already won

Sega is retarded, that’s why.
they see even the most niche shit selling, like yakuza, puyo puyo and etrian odyssey, but decide against localizing a single Phantasy Star or Shining game ever again no matter how many people beg for it, just because some of these games flopped back in the ps2 era

Forces was fine, just bland as heck. The avatar stages are sandwiched between boring classic Sonic gameplay (boring for this game becauae of bad execution, I loved Mania) and Sonic stages which are the same as avatar stages but you don't have a weapon.

The same way other game companies that failed to make it big in the home console and handheld markets did.

It's all about those pachinko machines and arcade cabinets.

so you are admitting that they are not good developers but they are also good publishers.

I have it. For starters battery died pretty fast after purchase and replacements dont exist. The games themselves emulated poorly, Contra Hard Corps doesnt scroll backgrounds, most of the games have poor sounds due to bad emulation, speakers have nothing to do with it. Just dont bother.

Yakuza is developed by Sega. It's made by the fag who made Spikeout.

Pingas

They are the biggest pachinko and arcade company in Japan, and possibly the world. a lot of companies uses their boards for their arcade games. even their Naomi board is still being used. Namco and Capcom buys their board since Capcom stopped making arcade boards althogether.

>Puyo Puyo
>Niche
>Phantasy Star
>Not Niche
*thinking sounds*

Damn, no standard batteries. That's basically the death nail for me then. Thanks.

They dont bank DLC because they thought your shitty weeb games has small fanbase and not worth it at all
Just look at Total war DLC and you will see what I mean

Clearly you've not looked at the state of Total War in the past 6 years.

>westerncuck games

>They get their sheckels from this mostly.
Not really. They get most of their money from Pachinko

Now they know Persona has large fanbase, cant wait to see DLC shove in your face

you have to be autistic to still care about sonic. Kiryu is their mascot now

they port their games to pc

SEGA/sammy is doing absolutely great, financially. A large portion they make selling coin ops in asian arcades. Like it should be.

They're not that awful user. Sometimes they can still make worthwhile games. Also, they didn't destroy Atlus even though they could have and as a matter of fact they're currently working on establishing a European division for them. The European division's first game will be to bring SMT V over there.

I just like how they have the power to turn games into shit after buying companies.
Coh2 and dow3 turned out so bad im still angry.

Kiryu is an old man and is not cute.

I'm playing Binary Domain for the first time and I have to say its really good. Do you think Sega will bring back a series like Binary Domain?

It utterly bombed, sadly.

Phantasy Star 4 is the best JRPG on the megadrive.

give it time, once they think that assume full control of atlus and they're IP's. they'll ruin Atlus