This game has to be the most obvious example of atheist propaganda I have ever seen in my life...

This game has to be the most obvious example of atheist propaganda I have ever seen in my life. Of course r*ddit loves this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14515183
pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Iovara
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>r*ddit
>makes a r*ddit tier thread

strawpoll.me/14515183

Weren't gods real in that game?

Or maybe the flow of souls is governed by an entity that chooses to remain silent?

whoa she looks like this girl i know

But the gods as entities do exist. They're just not divine.

Elaborate, OP.
The pantheon from Pillars of Eternity are arguable in whether they're gods or not, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of another deity existing on top of it like the god a lot of us believe in.
I take the whole story more as a deconstruction of the average fantasy setting where the gods exist and are part of the creation myth and there's some sort of established afterlife. They're pretending Pillars of Eternity is like that for the first four fifths of the game and then delivering that blow at the end of the game to test and develop its characters. Many of them can reach different conclusions about the revelation depending on what you said and argued throughout the game.

It's not our world. Iovara isn't an atheist - she doesn't believe in the fake Gods created by the Engwithans. Whether or not she believed in Gods beyond the false ones is not specified.

>mfw americans are still buttmad about this game

>atheist propaganda

I seem to recall some sentence said by her about the Engwithans figuring out gods are not real, which causes them to create fake ones, so Iovara does strike me as an actual atheist. Of course, there's no actual way to prove a god doesn't exist, so I interpret that as Iovara's view of what happened.

Every single sentence that was written in the game was stating that the gods didn't exist. Even the main villain basically admitted it. Stop defending reddit-tier writing and fuck off back there.

Christcuck buttblasted

Stop playing then, and go play The Bible Game.

they are not "real" gods beacuse someone else crated them.

>fantasy setting
>atheist propaganda
is this how biblethumping brains work

The game's official wiki calls her an atheist.

pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Iovara
>Iovara, formally Iovara ix Ensios, was a female wood elf and founder of a heretical atheist movement in the distant past in Pillars of Eternity.

the main villain literally says that Gods were created because THEY NEED to exist for human society to work. He does not want a Godless, chaotic society.

This game offended me so I better make a post on Sup Forums and call it reddit.

First off, the gods DO exist. It's just arguable whether they are gods or not, since they were manufactured by the Engwithans.
Secondly, that's referring to those gods, not the Christian god. Again, the Christian god could still exist, he's just not what the game is about.
The game is only atheist if you interpret it that way. Again, the characters can reach different conclusions and become even more religious based on your dialogue with them.

>durr you can be atheist if you want but maybe not were centrist :^)
Fence-sitting faggot

It's a roleplaying game. It letting you roleplay is a positive aspect, not a negative one. Stop talking in buzzwords.

A far better plot twist would've been that you realize God actually exists and you become his Messiah, bringing the filthy pagans to the sword with your companions/apostles.

i dont care about that but poe wasn't the game it should've been

How is it atheist propaganda
She is accomplishing literally NOTHING, the gods don't give a fuck about her and all her spite is doing is making herself miserable

Meanwhile Durance, through faith, has actually killed one of the gods and currently is on a path to make it 2

Theres literally no reason to be religious.

Prove me wrong.

>This game has to be the most obvious example of atheist propaganda I have ever seen in my life. Of course r*ddit loves this shit.
Really? You never played a JRPG in your life?

It was still pretty great. I'd rank it at a comfortable 8/10

you know that have got to be doing something right when the sjw cucks and the pol autists both get mad at you for being called a fence sitter. Fuck all of you.

Good point. I think OP is baiting.

>The guy that kills gods is based
Not atheist at all, nope.

But atheist is the belief of the absence of a god.

Is that Molly Jane?

You're a moron

dude voltaire LMAO

It's like the Shin Megami Tensei games where you have to fight both the Law and Chaos final bosses when you go Neutral.

Ah yes us atheists have done it again. Fuck of OP.

Don't worry religious people, atheists aren't going to take away your games.

>atheists aren't going to take away your games
I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of SJWs are atheists, and they do want to take away our games.

They exists if you believe in them really hard

They exist no matter what. And they can fuck your shit up. Belief is irrelevant. They're a magic creation.

Christ. Every thread has to turn into bitching about the SJW boogeyman.

That's what you want us to think

I can't wait for Pillars of Eternity 2, especially after the disappointment that was pic related

ITT
Bible thumper can't into video games.

More at 11

To be disappointed in D:OS 2, you had to expect something from it.

Being a part of the American government.

Did you try crying about it? I heard that helps.

Still no public release for the beta. I just wanted to fuck around with the character creator.

Community

I'd give it that now after White March and 3.0 patch.

When it first game out it was incredibly disappointing.

There's not gonna be a public release for the beta. That's just gonna be the full game.

I meant a torrent

you clearly dont understand the game
try reading some Marvel comics that suits you more, brainlet

Damn, that's still not out?

Iovara is cute. CUTE!

Im suprised anyone even posted to this thread since its pretty clear the OP is pretending to be retarded.

Don't ever get into 40k.

You give OP way too much credit.

But it wasn't athiest at all, if anything it directly confronted fedoras and told them they're fucking retards.

>DUDE THE GODS ARE A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT
>yeah okay but i just did some quests for the gods and they granted me a boon and remember that time a Living God incarnated on the mortal plane and let a holy war across the dyrwood pepperidge farms remembers whereas you're just some eternally bootyblasted heretic whose soul has been imprisoned by the gods that don't exist

Way too many people think Iovara is supposed to be the representation of the writers and what they think rather than another flawed character. It's like people don't know Obsidian despite playing all their games.

And now the Gods are fucking around and trying to steal souls, causing people to be born without them.

Also there's a God that is trying to hasten the heat death of the universe.

Why should I want these Gods at all? They weren't even made for us.

This shit isn't even atheist. Atheist is no gods. Zero. None. The gods are proven to exist with empirical evidence in PoE. You're just opposing them. That's not atheism. That's HFY.

why americans specifically?

The gods in PoE are supercomputers made by a dead civilization.

Most gods are the product of dead civilizations.

So by your definition atheists are people who deny religions exist or ever existed?

We're all atheists for most of the gods that have existed throughout history. Some of us just go one god further.