Should I do it?

Sup Sup Forums.
I was just offered a BenQ ZOWIE XL2730 for 300 euros. It's a 1440p 144hz monitor with freesync, 27 inches. Thing is, I have a nvidia GPU and even though I have the money for it, I will reach christmas with no money, which would be shitty.

WWYD?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00YD3DBOC
amazon.com/1080p-Gaming-LED-Lit-Monitor-VG278Q/dp/B074JLD4HZ
iiyama-monitors.co.uk/products/GB2488HSU-B3.aspx
iiyama-monitors.co.uk/products/GB2788HS-B2.aspx
amazon.co.uk/iiyama-GB2488HSU-B3-G-Master-Adjustable-FreeSync/dp/B01N6PTP4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It sells for 500 € from amazon, just for context.

Zowie is nothing but Benq 2013 models for a high price. Benq re-branded their 2013 line with this Zowie trash
If you live in europe get iiyama or LG instead

Fuck I really want a dual 144hz 24" 1080p setup but the only options are VG248QE and the other shit gn246hl.

Not to mention that these monitors have been out for fucking years already and are still ~250-300, even being inferior image quality

Do I really need to sell my internal organs to afford monitors

144hz monitors are great if you play anything fastpaced or that requires good reflexes. It'll work fine you just won't be able to use Freesync but if you're playing games at 144hz then you don't need Freesync.

That's a really good monitor. Up to you for how badly you want it, but I got myself a BenQ 1080p 144Hz monitor recently and it's the bees knees.

Dell, Samsung, LG, etc. Avoid anything under the "gamer"brand.
Dell was selling 27" IPS 75hz freesync monitors for $159 last week

If you're not getting near 144 fps in games save up for a Gsync monitor

Im mostly playing 60fps locked games, so even though I'd look into checking out higher refresh games, for my daily use I mostly play Fallout 4, Halo online and the witcher 3.

Anyone can recommend a 1440p, 144hz, IPS monitor?

I had a 144hz monitor, the smoothness was amazing, but I had to return it because of dead pixels.
I would also prefer to have ips at the same time since I do color-sensitive work.
1440p would be great, but I can settle for regular old 1080p if the monitor has good reviews.

I did some research a while ago, and it looks like even expensive options are a lottery in regards to backlight bleeding and dead pixels on arrival.

The only one I found that remotely meets the needs and doesn't cost 250+ is the AOC G2460PQU. Even then, im sure it has its image quality issues like flicker ghosting

You cant tell me people pay full price for these "gaymin" monitors

I got a dell s2717dg. Its a 2560x1440, 144hz gsync and i only paid 350usd for it new over black friday. Amd freesync does nothing for your nvidia gpu. If you want them buttery smooth frames you'll need to shell out for gsync.

>TN panel
Nah

>dealing with a meme monitor with ghosting and major display lag
Nah

what do you need? do you absolute need 144hz freesync ? then your only option is a TN Zowie overpriced trash

You could take a look at this
amazon.com/dp/B00YD3DBOC

amazon.com/1080p-Gaming-LED-Lit-Monitor-VG278Q/dp/B074JLD4HZ

Prefer without any frame-sync, optimally looking for:
24"
1080p
144hz
VESA

Which is apparently hard to come by

I won the lottery with the ASUS PG279Q 27 inches 1440p G-SYNC IPS

No bleeding
and normal IPS GLOW.

And only for 600 on Amazon a month ago.

>ASUS PG279Q
860€ in europe.
Aprox. 1000 dollars.
On top of that, I live in one of the most remote areas of the EU. So everything has to go through customs. And it takes forever.
I should go back to the civilization.

Not whining, just jealous of your purchase. Is it as sweet as I imagine?

why do you need 144hz if you don't want g-sync or freesync?
Get a viewsonic, dell or LG IPS with 75hz
Or this
24" 144Hz FreeSync ~250 euros
iiyama-monitors.co.uk/products/GB2488HSU-B3.aspx

~280 euros 27" iiyama-monitors.co.uk/products/GB2788HS-B2.aspx

Also this 144hz 27" for less than 300 euros
amazon.co.uk/iiyama-GB2488HSU-B3-G-Master-Adjustable-FreeSync/dp/B01N6PTP4Q

> t. lardass that has to lay in bed to consume media
At a desk, TN panels are fine.