You didn't fall for the Ryzen meme, did you user?

You didn't fall for the Ryzen meme, did you user?

Coffee Lake is where it's at for video games. It's a perfect hybrid solution too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwJvHJ1hyto
youtube.com/watch?v=GJGJ0RzPyL0
computerbase.de/2017-11/cpu-aufruesten-benchmarks-test/2/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-2600K/3937vs621
youtube.com/watch?v=aZxmufdBdE8
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3942vs3919
youtube.com/watch?v=Av7afTxJLbo
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he doesn't overclock to 7 GHz
youtube.com/watch?v=WwJvHJ1hyto

Meanwhile AMD will RELEASE Ryzen 2 this upcoming February. Even if you were somehow unsatisfied with Ryzen, there's a good chance the second gen will improve and eliminate the previous issues. Even better is that you won't have to buy an new MOBO.

Guess what? It still gets blown out of the water by Coffee Lake on single-core performance.

If you're getting into emulation or trying to optimize your FPS on games not called Ashes of Singularity, Coffee Lake is the best option, and by the time multimeme becomes more of a thing, Ice Lake will be crushing AMD.

if Ryzen 2 is good for emulation, I might consider it

>buy I7 7700K
>think nothing because all my intel work fine
>tfw temps

>ryzen
>emulation
lol

nah. If its clocked 15% more, its single core would reach Coffee Lake. Single thread perf is the same in skylake and coffee lake.

Yes for the same reason I didn't buy a case with led fans. I'm not a child and I needed a reasonably priced cpu that could to simultaneous multithreading.

t. no source. In fact, literally every benchmark proves you wrong.
You're just further proving your stupidity. You even thought Ryzen 2 was coming out next February. You don't know anything.

still on I7 sandy bridge and still run every on ultra. life is good

so whats the single thread difference of coffee lake and ryzen?

when cpus give me a real reason to upgrade i will. GPUs actually improve over time and its a neccesary upgrade. im still rocking a sandybridge and it runs everything ive asked of it perfectly.

>Coffee Lake
>not a housefire meme
l o l
Enjoy the jewish cum on your CPU's internal heatspreader making it go to 90ºC on any demanding task

I had a Bloomfield until recently. Upgraded it for programming + CAD work, gaming it was still going strong. Gulftown now. Works fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJGJ0RzPyL0

Just buy a used i7-2600K for $50 instead.

you got a link to this table?

thanks for proving my point. almost every benchmark shows that the i5 is

computerbase.de/2017-11/cpu-aufruesten-benchmarks-test/2/

Just upgraded to to a 8700k last week, i won the silicon lottery and OC mine to 5.3Ghz at 1.35V.

Pretty crazy

>for $50
everyone sells those for 100€ here, can't even get 2500k for 50€

>thanks for proving my point. almost every benchmark shows that the i5 is resorting to telling blatant lies
Hilarious. The lengths you poojeets go to for that brand loyalty.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-2600K/3937vs621

You should take it to 5.4GHz.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZxmufdBdE8

>Falling for the intel jew

You didn't actually do this, right Sup Forums? What does it feel like having to buy a new expensive ass mobo every 6 months?

Synthetic benchmarks are a joke.

Literally this. I use my comp for everything, so I need more than just one core potential (although to be fair, I'm a emu fan, so it kinda sucks but w/e) I'm also not a very rich person I'm a college kid so price is always a constant Factor. Ergo, RYZEN has done more than what I need for all tasks at a budget Intel can't compete with

I'm not stupid enough to delid it and void the warrenty

What makes you think anyone here is as stupid as you? CPUs have huge longevity for gaming so if you upgrade now, chances are you'll be using it for 6-7 years.

Intel blows AMD out of the water in the benchmarks, and it's an even bigger massacre for emulation. The only reason to buy a Ryzen is for productivity purposes.

do you know a site which compiles tons of user done benchmarks that arent synthetic? i dont trust review sites

Why would someone upgrade every 6 months? That's just stupid.

intel 2011 cpus are still better than most things AMD put out.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600/3942vs3919

RYZEN EXPOSED

>MUH VALUE

Only reason you're getting these chips from Intel now is due to competition from AMD. I really hope AMD goes bankrupt just to see what happens when there it ZERO competition standing in Intels face.

Fucking hell are you new or something? It's a well known fact that the warranty still works provided you relid it and it's still functional.

I assumed you already delided if you're hitting 5.3GHz; that's as high as the Silicon Lottery website sells, and all of their CPUs are already delidded. Taking that into account, if you'd stop being such a fucking pussy, you might be able to break the record and hit 5.6GHz. Just buy delid service if you're that shit with a vice.

So legit question
If I have no interest in emulation, what cpu pairs well with a gtx1070

>buying intel in 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After almost 8 years i still dont see any reason to replace my i5 2500k

Going to these extremes to cool your brand new cpu, keep being a good goy and buy up everything Intel™.

Same but AC Origins is killing my 2500k, might do a quick jump to 3770k while I save for a new build

yep still using a [email protected]

Just upgraded the graphics card over the years.

The mobo kinda sucks so ill replace it and the 2600k next year.

AMD only seem like theyre the good guys because theyre broke. if intel stopped existing AMD would do the same shit. corporations arent your friend

I'm still running an i7 970, thing is a champ. If anything bottlenecks my system it's my shit Radeon. Cpu basically carries my system, need to upgrade soon though

Nah, I did some small upgrades over black friday. Going to finish up the rest when I get my performance bonus in Q1 and the cyrptomeme dies down a bit.

Right, but on some more cpu intensive games it WILL be a bottleneck, more so in single threaded heavy emulation, especially with, but not limited to AMD. AC Origins is a great example, my rx 480 drops to 50% usage in towns at nearly max graphics because CPU gets pegged at 100%

Gamers need performance, something AMD isn't very good at.

930 here, same thing basically.

see

>AMD
>emulation

Name an emulator that you believe a Ryzen CPU can't run at full speed, but an Intel CPU can.

cemu runs worse on amd gpus because of opengl driver overhead on windows, that's about the disadvantages of amd for emulation.

/emugen/ is full of STP apologists.

There will never be enough STP for emudevs and the meme will keep getting peddled.

Who said anything about full speed?
Intel CPUs absolutely obliterate Ryzen in every single emulator benchmark except for RPCS3, where it's closer because of the multicore utilization, but Intel still wins.

Honestly you'd be pretty well off getting a refurbished i5 from last year

t. poojeet who knows nothing about emulation.

>gpu
fucking lol

>Who said anything about full speed?

What else is there to emulation? What relevance do synthetic benchmarks have to playing games on an emulator? Again, name an emulator that I can't play at full speed on a Ryzen CPU, but could on an Intel one.

it's another thread when Sup Forums pretend to be Sup Forums

It's threads like this that remind me that as bad as Sup Forums is, it'll never be as retarded as Sup Forums.

>implying driver overhead doesn't play a huge part on emulation, especially on cemu
holy shit you are literally retarded

Sup Forums is shit. they dont even care about gaming performance anymore. its all shilling mobile phones and watches and shit

t.ex Sup Forums

Yo is it worth it to return my kaby lake 7600k and get a 8600k? I can get a full refund. Also aren't games optimized for 4 cores not 6 or is that just a meme?

t. poojeet who knows nothing about how drivers, graphics apis and overhead works

I don't know Pajeet, what do you think people prefer, playing at 10 fps or playing at 20 fps?

Did it finally hit you? Time to take another shit?

its a meme.

Go for it, that's an old meme, games are mostly taking advantage of more cores nowadays

I'm not him, but you clearly don't know anything about emulation if you think the GPU matters much. They're all CPU-driven.

i5 8600k of coffee lake matches a 7700k kabylake but its up to you i would

>tfw PCSX2 runs 4k 60 16x AA buttery on ryzen 7

yeah dude, just buy a new motherboard when every new intel CPU comes out, also spend double the money for a little more performance

Not yet. An 8600k will be more future proof but right now, the performance difference isn't that significant. If you're using your PC for productivity purposes too, it's worth it.

>tfw Sup Forumsv memed me and said i dont need to get a i7 4690
>get it 4690k
>barely plays BF1

That's why the huge opengl driver overhead on amd while running cemu makes a 480 get lower framerates than a 750 ti with the same cpu right?
oh wait le gpu doesnt matter driver overhead doesn't exist rendercalls just pop up on the gpu instantly
kill yourself

Fuck off

sorry, you need a $5000 Intel CPJew to even consider emulating a NES let alone a PS2

>greentext
>no benchmark
Not convincing anyone there, Manish.

No answer then? Since you're shifting the goalposts, name an emulator and a game for it that runs at 10fps on a Ryzen CPU and 20fps on an Intel CPU.

Or, you know, don't even bother and just go away. Because anything less than full speed is utter shit for emulation and completely unacceptable.

AMD cards are shit for Cemu. AMD's OpenGL performance is godawful and certainly does matter in that emulator, since there are no alternate back ends. Stop pretending to have knowledge of things you're clueless about.

>pajeet getting upset after being called out
Hilarious.

i was just pretending lol driver overhead doesnt real

Before the guy moves the goalposts again, any sort of CPU discrepancies in emulators would usually come from immature emulators like the posterchildren Cemu and RPCS3.

Basically a dick tugging contest of who can spend the most first to get full speed on poorly optimized emulators

>No answer then?
To your idiotic question? No.

>name an emulator and a game for it that runs at 10fps on a Ryzen CPU and 20fps on an Intel CPU
youtube.com/watch?v=Av7afTxJLbo

t. bestbuy computer with gtx 1030.

>AMD cards are shit for Cemu. AMD's OpenGL performance is godawful and certainly does matter in that emulator, since there are no alternate back ends. Stop pretending to have knowledge of things you're clueless about.
If you weren't an idiot and learned how to read, he said that was the only disadvantage AMD had for emulation.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
>ever, EVER falling for the Intel jew

Those were released in early 2011, at most it's a bit under 7 years old.

>complains about moving the goalposts
>moves the goalposts himself
The utter stupidity and hypocrisy of you AMD loyalists never ceases to amaze me.

i5 8600k costs 50% more than ryzen 1600. Does it perform 50% better?

heres webm of it

i could link vid but people are gonna flip out because aspect ratio

>thinking AMD are any less jewish
This is why you fanboys are so stupid.

I wasn't part of the original argument, but wasn't it about AMD being shit for emulation?

If that is the case, then it's wrong barring modern immature emulators. I otherwise don't care about their squabble. Note my second point about the dick tugging contest.

had a R9 290 at the time, then i threw a 1070 in and barely got any better

meant for

Nice 540p.

The ryzen 1600 costs 100% more than i3 8100. Does it perform 100% better?

just works

>1080p webms at decent bitrate
>1 second long

>I wasn't part of the original argument
and now you're backpedaling like an even bigger idiot. Embarrassing.

But I wasn't. What are you grasping at?

>12 threads
>4 threads
that should really say it all.

i seriously hope you didnt install W10 because you thought W7 doesnt work with ryzen and such

Don't worry brainlet, leave the detailed stuff to the big boys.

>i3
>play game
>90%+ CPU usage
>can't do anything else in the background or else stutter and throttle like shit

>ryzen
>play game
>40% CPU usage
>while streaming, watching videos and rendering video in the background

>unlocked

what did they mean by that??