Detroit: Become Human censored in UK

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5140165/Detroit-Human-video-game-branded-repulsive.html

>'Abusers will get off on this stuff': Sony under fire for 'repulsive' video game Detroit: Become Human which shows girl, 10, 'beaten to death by her father' among a host of child abuse and domestic violence acts players watch

Do you agree with the UK's reasoning that game developers need to protect virtual children?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>10 year old beaten to death by her father

The fuck is this movie about again?

>thought crime

It isn't censored in the UK you shitheel, did you even glance at the article

What emotion is she trying to convey?

>thousands of games where people get shot, burned, tortured, dismembered, tortured, are slaves, are purged, etc etc etc.
>"but will somebody think of the children?!"
nah, fuck off with that notion

*about to be censored

>play as homicide detective
>trying to bring horrible killers to justice

>game is not allowed to depict the horrible killers being horrible

>Im human trust me

interesting a country that encourage muslims fuck white children being upset about a video game

I think someone just told here to do the "not bad" Obama face meme. Eairly similar.

So wait, the player isn't even the one doing the beating?

>tfw David Cage is probably getting off on thinking he's a controversial artist

Its already finished, they aren't going to censor it because a small amount of people protested

>it should never be ... turned into a game

All the law makers are apparently old maids who know shit all about video games, and assume this game will have instructions and scores for being as brutal as possible.
It's probably just a cutscene, and is probably immediately followed by the guy you play as stopping the murderer.

"Think of the children" meme is always hilarious

Off topic but Detroit: Become Human is a terrible title

>we must protect the virtual children!
Remember this is the same country that wouldn't report a muslim child rape gang because they didn't want to be seen as racists.

>muh chillun

If this was a real movie in theater people would claim genius.

We want games to be taken seriously.

As far as I can tell it's a "bad end" that you could possibly encounter if you screw up all the choices.

Well if your game is a torture game it might get banned, too. Other extremely violent games are only legal because they have a thin veil of gameplay.

I don't think it is healthy for you to play GTA like a massacre simulator, they gameplay itself is vapid in that regard and I think many (young) people play it for the feeling of power more than anything else.

RULE BRITANNIA

BRITANNIA RULE THE WAVES

>BRITONS WILL NEVER EVER BE SLAVES

/ourguy/ Matthewmatosis noticed this in Infinite.
>everyone is racist! they hate anyone that's non-white!
>no one beats the black "help", no one calls them dirty niggers, no one is actually racist
Demonstrating bad-thought is itself bad-thought for leftists.

You play as a homicide detective, so I assume not. You might control the murderer for that segment as a twist, I don't know. Either way the murderer obviously isn't the protagonist.

There is a good chance the man that beat the girl to death isn't even human, as the game is about robot 'sythetics' going bonkers and murdering people.

Imagine being that ugly

Source on that?

>violent fictional video games = censored
>paki rape gangs = allowed
>truck of peace = allowed
>getting utterly shitfaced every day (13+) = allowed

What happened to Britain?

This game actually looked decent.

How many "people" have you murdered in videogames?
Censorship is a joke.

>Detroit: Become Human is not the first game to spark controversy. In 2005, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas caused outrage after it emerged that it contained secret sex scenes that players could unlock
Holy fuck are these people just pretending to be retarded?

>Do you agree with the UK's reasoning

Heh, should be called: Rotheram, become human

Makes me wanna play the game more now.

>Detroit: Become Human which shows girl, 10, 'beaten to death by her father'

they dont want to be reminded of all the muslims in there country

Get help

That sound pretty intense but that's still a fucking movie, so just put the usual 18+ label over it and call it a day.

are you asking for source for the muslim rape gang stuff or the loli

who is "we"?

It wont get censored
The Daily mail will get laughed at as usual
David Cage now has free marketing even though his game will probably be shit as usual (though the concept does interest me) .

Why are Brits so aggressive? I thought they were gonna beat the shit out of the camera person with how they were acting towards them.

nobody cares about detroit, or humans

Also what were they thinking with that name.. just call it Become Human or Android Powlice

wtf i hate the japanese now

use iqdb or saucenao you retard

Nice job looking at this in a completely unreflected manner.
When does a game actually become fucked up?
If you kill other actual players it is okay, because the main aspect is competition.
If you kill NPCs that can fight back it is a challenge.
If you kill NPCs that are defenseless, what is the actual game about? What is the motivation for the player?
Killing a child isn'd bad in and on itself, but if it is simply played for sadism it might be reasonable to ban the scene.

This "call to action" is ridiculous either way, but it's straight nonsense if you aren't even participating in the kiddie killin'. At that point it's a plot point as in any other form of media where bad things happen to kids in the narrative.

Oh god you're right, remember that scene from South Park: Stick of Truth where you find Al Gore's secret room where in was a re-creation of the Oval Office and that he was president?

I always imagine there's a room somewhere where David Cage was in a Malibu Hollywood Home with tons of handmade crappy looking film awards, such as fake Oscars and fake Emmys, a beautiful actress wife much younger he is that is actually a prop and plaques of fake critically acclaimed reviews of his movies.

Virtual children are sexy though.

Labour

Ah yet another bait thread.

>BRANDED REPULSIVE
This does not equate censorship

>ESRB has already greenlighted it
This does not equate censorship

>DailyFail article
This in itself should be enough for you to know it's bullshit.

As for your point, killing children is censored in many Western countries. In the USA, they censor breasts on paintings in TV shows. The West is fucked in this regard.

I don't usually ever agree with shit like this BUT beating the shit out of a realistic little girl isn't my idea of "fun" gameplay, and anyone who does find it fun probably has serious issues.

It's probably best if this aspect is removed.

>#MeToo!
>unless you're from Rotherham, Leeds, Newcastle...

>brits

>a video game about crimes shows a crime

It's the Daily Mail. They are literally the Sup Forums of British Newspaper.

Then again, almost all the Tabloids Newspaper are Sup Forums of British Newspapers.

>it protects virtual children
why can we kill male adults and maybe even females by the 10000s but one sex scene or child that you can kill and its not okay?

what the fuck
are we back in 2004 with Jack Thompson & Hot Coffee shenanigans?

That game's name is hilarious

>Sup Forums of the British Newspaper hates Trump and openly calls him racist

huh

Didn’t the stick of truth get censored in australia via patch?

Fucking western roasties

Just nuke'em all

Isn't it another "experience" game like Heavy Rain anyway? It's just a movie simulator, it's not about how fun it is to beat children to death.

>Breasts on paintings = Censored
>Chocolate with toys inside = Censored
>Farting in class = Arrested
>Texting in class = Arrested
>Refusing to take a shower (aged 10) = Tasered
>Nigger Packs = Allowed
>Muslim Gun Killing Sprees = Allowed
>White Gun Killing Sprees = Allowed
>Getting shitfaced (13+) = Allowed

What happened to USA?

so why does murder and rape get a free pass on television?

by the same logic we must prevent virtual/acting murder to prevent murders

The Mail is a fucking rag and should never be posted, also Esther Rantzen is nowhere near the legislature and while childline has done some great work, she's a fucking nuisance. Nothing will come of this.

Boy, I really appreciate conservatives fighting against PC culture! BASED! PRAISE KEK!

Well if it is then that sounds fine, but the article made it seem like beating the shit out of a child is a part of the gameplay that's presented as "fun".

>let's protect the virtual children but leave our real ones to be raped by muslims

These people somehow had an empire once

That was only 13 years ago.
Don't expect anything to change when all the people making decisions are 60+ years old, and have had their job for 30 years and will have it for another 30 years.

>UK politicians like to pretend that crimes against minors don't exist
Makes sense. If they acknowledged that it happens then the decades of covering up muzzies sexually abusing minors in every town they live in across the country would be for naught.

The west is way too overprotective of children.

Nothing wrong with being a pedophile btw.

UK is the biggest nanny state in the West, it's no wonder it's people are all complete pussies.

Because one is interactive and the other isn't. Don't play fucking dumb.

Watching a rape on TV and actively pressing buttons to make your character commit it in a videogame are completely different things.

the "wouldn't report b/c muh racism" stuff

simply presenting something does not mean that it is a tacit endorsement of that thing. how are people's mind's so defective? If anything, people would get to see first hand how horrible such behavior is and would strengthen their beliefs that such behavior is unacceptable.

Cute that they're worried about make believe kids while they're complicit in child sex trafficking and grooming gangs.

>>'Abusers will get off on this stuff'
How about.
Abusers will be disgusted by this, reflect strongly on their actions, and try their utmost for it to never end up being a reality.

Is that out of the question?

Daily Mail supported Nazi back in WW2, that's pretty much Sup Forums.

Stupidity, Egotism and Greed, but you can say that for the rest of the world I guess.

Western Europe is lost. This is why the world needs another war, violence is legitimately the only way the people can save themselves now.

>tories
britcucks asked for this

>Largest Empire the world has ever know
>p-p-pussies!
Lmao.

uuuh

racist and sexist much

They supported the good guys? Based

>'Abusers will get off on this stuff':
Wouldn't people who love killing get off to killing people in video games? When will EU not be retarded?

From the latest trailer it seems like they've changed the game again. In that scenario at least, you're playing as the robot maid who has to decide whether or not to break her programming and protect the child or let the father abuse you and the kid again.

Why are britbongs always such a fucking pussies?

>In the USA, they censor breasts on paintings in TV shows.
Only on local stations. Cable channels can do whatever they want and any censorship is self censorship to grab as many age groups as possible. Typically stuff aired after 9 pm or something runs unedited on a lot of stations.

>The failure to address the abuse was attributed to a combination of factors revolving around race, class and gender—contemptuous and sexist attitudes toward the mostly working-class victims; fear that the perpetrators' ethnicity would trigger allegations of racism and damage community relations; the Labour council's reluctance to challenge a Labour-voting ethnic minority; lack of a child-centred focus; a desire to protect the town's reputation; and lack of training and resources.

>Because one is interactive and the other isn't
so drawings is ok then by that logic?

You don't kill her. Her father does, if you pick the wrong choices. You're a robot servant-turned-bodyguard standing between the girl and her abusive father. The trailer made this clear.

>Detroit
>Become Human
LMAO

Esther Rantzen has been towing this line for decades, nobody gives a shit. She's always been a "concerned" pro-censorship retard

nigga what
It's a video game.
It's portrayed as something horrible.
It's a video game.
Your goal in the 'level' is to save the girl and escape from her horrible father.
Did I mention that it's a completely virtual video game?
UK what the fuck

>expecting Amerishartmutts to actually care
LMAO.

They are correct though. Sup Forums will literally call me a fucking faggot right now for daring to be a moralfag and not trivialising and making it normal on sub cultures like Sup Forums that this sort of thing is okay to show. But thats the point is it not? You are all so trivialised by the fantasy of it now that you say “get out then” rather than its fine to encourage a fantasy as long as it doesnt hurt anyone. Anyway, i wont see your reply, im out. I dont like the chinese cartoon shit of them that everyone thinks is ok too.

Im just saying its bot okay to draw them being hurt imo. Stop WANTING to hurt them. Yes Even in your head. It will lead to bad stuff.