Name a better free horror game

the last stand

SEQUEL
WHEN

Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby

Cry of Fear, now fuck off.

Are you 10 years old?

Thanks anons, was actually looking for suggestions, will check out

Who knows but seems like he still has interest in Desolate Hope, He references it constatly in his games so maybe he is still very fond about it, also heard one of the themes appear as the ending themeof FNAF6 but don't know much about that.

Id like that game so much more if I didn't need to do all the shitty platforming

You must be at least 18 years old to post here.

Its good for a free game ill give Scott that.

>Illuminati four everyaneh

>Although for one of you, the darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting old friend
Henry is a cool character

What is that weird unpolished 3d model style called

Nightmare House 2 is literally the best free horror game ever made

>Cawthon milking a franchise like the jew he is

Who ready for:

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 7: THE NEW BLOOD

>Five nights at Freddy's
>Freddy is one of the least important characters in the series

So the MC character just ended up being a casualty in Henry's "burn them all down with me" plan? I kinda didnt understand this part of the ending.

i don't see Scott making a new game for now when even "cancelled" the 6th one but later released it for free, he probably is focusing in the new book and the movie at the moment.

so whats the gimmick in the newer one

>for free
Damn, thats some advance jewness

Freddy was one of the few animatronics actually possessed by a dead child

Post bara

I think he's the same guy that got scooped in 5 and became an immortal zombie as a means for Ennard to escape. He wasn't really a casualty, extreme heat was the only way for him to die and he wanted to move on.

So, what's the whole story?

>shows up in all games
>Golden Freddy was an important one
>Melted Freddy being one of the last surviving possessed suits until the end.
Did you even bother?

It's 90s styled CGI. Only kind of CGI Scott knows how to make

Those are all separate entities, obviously there's gonna be lots of Freddy variants since he's the face of the franchise but the actual OG Freddie is one of the least important animatronics in the story with no more importance than Bonnie, Chica, or Foxie. Just think it's weird.

Why does Funtime Freddie come after you anyway? Are Ballora and him haunted or are they just fucking pissed about electroshock therapy?

I feel like you don't actually know anything about this series at all.

Watch the game theory FNAF Final Theory part 1 and 2.

It pretty much sums everything up

>free
I genuinely didn't know this shit was free. Thanks OP.

fuck tons of misdirection

Supposedly everything in sister location has a soul tied to it

Kids died

some murdered, some accident

Posesses some robots

even one adult posseses a robot

Big brother of killed kids tries to release their souls

Gets himself horribly mutilated and ultimately killed with the robots

Teh edn

Trying to not get sued and maintain a pizzeria running long enough to lure and trap the bad animatronics.

Which animatronics are NOT haunted? Just the toy ones in 2?

Is this one of those games like Pony Island or Frog Fractions where it looks like a kid's game but then it goes off the rails?

I don't know what that thing on the right is but

They're made to literally kidnap and murder children, reason why Baby was haunted by Afton's daughter, they're probably haunted as fuck by lots of kids ghosts.

FNaF never really tried to disguise itself as "kid's game"

>Which animatronics are NOT haunted?
The Toys
The Nightmares
Funtime Foxy
Ballora

Were the nightmares hallucinations of the kid or real? I thought they were the kids dying fevered dreams but you can see the place in Sister Location I think on the monitors so I wasn't sure.

>Gets himself horribly mutilated and ultimately killed with the robots

The ending implies that Mike survived, which aes wonder what he will probably do at that point when his drive was basically to release all those souls and semidead state.

True. I was just referring to this game specifically, judging by the few screenshots in Steam

The location is real, but the Nightmares are just that, they only appeared in the Kid's dreams.

It's another ruse by Scott where he disguised it as 8-bit/atari game of Freddy, but when you play it, it turns into FNaF 6.

They're Nightmares, nothing more than that, is implied that the Kid was constantly having nightmare about then, but its implied that he was likely in a coma too at some point before dying.

So the only thing left unanswered is who the fuck is the orange man, who's the girl in the maze minigame and what the candy cadet stories refer to, we got finally some closure in the whole Afton story but there's still too many questions.

>the candy cadet stories
scott knows how to fuck around

If you think about it a little you'll realise that
>orange man might be either Henry or William
>girl in the maze is based off on Elizabeth, William's daughter
>the stories are allegories about Michael and the spirit's struggles

>Henry
>William
>Elizabeth
>Michael
Who the fuck are these guys?
5 games in and I haven't heard these names once until now

I haven't played FNAF since 2, what's the deal with Golden Freddy now? Not story wise, gameplay wise. Is he still a rare occurrence that, if he appears, you're pretty much fucked? Does he show up in future games?
Is there an animatronic that is even more aggressive?

Ballora is debatable. She talks as if she has sentience unlike even funtime freddy

The books give names to everyone but they also have their names dropped in Sister Location and 6

I thought SL was in the movie continuity? Are they tying everything together now? How did this get as convoluted as actual horror franchises?

Decent playthroughs of this with secrets and such?

That's not Darkwood.

He doesn't show up anymore really. His plot relivence has kinda died out after his soul moved on

Just watch a gametheory episode to get the quick and dirty. Most of the lore bits are put in the most subtle places by scott, so players wont actually find shit unless they are actively looking for them.

What was up with the fucked up Shadow Bonnie from the 3 minigame?

>Movie continuity

The movie hasn't come out get though, and if you mean the novels then those aren't canon and just give some exposure on the characters, the games are the main canon as far it goes.

As for playthroughs, there are quite a lot of then without commentary but for secrets looking for then apart is more easily since some of then lack the secrets.

Shadow Freedy and Shadow Bonnie are implied to be the ghosts of original victims of the springlock suits who are still more or less haunting around those places.

>what's the deal with Golden Freddy now?
Its explained in fnaf4, basically he's Mike brother who died and haunted a springlock suit, basically the reason why he doesn't movie around like the rest but appears randomly and says "its me" when he appears in front of you.

Those are mods, not games you imbeciles.

You might as well play the series with a guide for the secrets user.
It's pretty cool to see the changes in mechanics over time

Scrap Baby is best girl, honestly.

I AM THE CANDY CADET
COME GET YOUR CANDY HERE
I HAVE CANDY ALL DAY
EVERYDAY
CANDY
CANDY
CANDY

>then there was a knock at the door...
*GAME WIN*

If nothing else at least it's not the worst horror game to come out this month

Did they seriously not do QA again?

Wh-what was the last one?

there's something about cawthon's CGI style that makes it especially uncanny and robotic. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's pretty unnerving for me.

I still have fucking no idea what the hell Hello Neighbor is suppose to be. You live on the other side of the street to this guy in a weird house and you intrude in his house for some reason? I'm surprised how many weird Android/Unity knockoffs of it there is.

no

Probably not judging by the fact that when he catches you there's no animation that plays. He just runs in place until the screen fades to black

That sucks.
If there's one thing that Scott did correctly it was making games that mechanically work exactly as intended.

Many people would agree with that, and that's why he went on to making the FNAF franchise in the first place - making uncanny, robotic characters was his specialty.

But one cannot deny that the way he models and renders his creations make it like a total throwback to those glorious days of late 90s CGI. I'd argue that the Desolate Hope is one of the prettiest games ever (outside of the amateurish UI) because all of its abstract, surreal environments are depicted beautifully and the 90s CGI look compliments that. People like to shitpost "when will we get games that look like pic related?" and I think the Desolate Hope is the closest to that dream because it literally is made up of beautiful renders.

if i'm being honest, I prefer Scott's style of modelling and rendering most of the time compared to what's out there nowadays, it gets so tiring seeing the same attempts at realism done over, and over, and over.

These make for perfect desktop backgrounds. Everything just looks so fucking magical and beautiful.

What can you expect from people who took Yandere Simulator under their wings?

>tfw he is most likely done with FNaF games
>tfw he can start on The Desolate Abandon, or even a new IP in general

More pls
Desolate Hope would be kino if it wasn't for the platforming

bump

Who is the best virus and why is it Terro Totik?

As a person who has put nearly 60 hours into the game and loves it to death, even I can agree that it has its fair share of problems. Off the top of my head, here are some quick summaries of some of its flaws:
>Poor explanation of mechanics. If you accidentally skip Coffee's dialogues (there's a very easy-to-perform glitch where you can skip them) you're pretty much screwed unless you want to slog through the manual or look stuff up online, and since it's an obscure game already, good luck with that.
>No pause button/menu. I'm sure you've played the game and hit ESC only to realize that it closes the game. If there was a menu where you could stop time, check your progress and the stats of the Derelicts, that would be great.
>Shallow platforming. Since the platforming takes inspiration from metroidvanias, it is quite mechanically simple - only running, jumping, shooting, and later, hovering and swimming. Pretty much the entire game you just want to get to the virus combat sections.
>Grindy top-down sections. If you want Bits, by far the best way is to grind them in the terminals, as time is stopped there and you get them at a decent rate. However, the rabbit is a bitch to deal with, as it has a strange order of eating the lettuce that drops from enemies - it always goes after the most recently spawned one, and not the closest one.
>Virus combat battles not having a lot of depth. While the battle system may seem imposing as fuck as first, most of it consists of cosmetic visuals. In the late game, if you've buffed yourself up enough, battles pretty much just boiled down to storing charges with Mirad and fucking up bosses with the strongest attacks. It's still fun and fast-paced though, bosses like P.U.L.S.A.R can be tense as fuck because of the bullshit special attacks he can do. The secret boss is a good challenge, but its mostly frustrating as all he does is OHKO you. I'd just like more depth to the battle system - take some notes from some good JRPGs
1/?

what are the pickles for? how do i buy them? what do they do

They're the Exotic Butters of this game. Buy everything and you unlock them

Also my wife is in the game.

2/2
>Night phase is super beautiful but there's not much to it besides getting little bonuses for your Derelicts and getting the Wrench down the line. If they were top-down like the overworld in The Desolate Room, that could probably be more interesting.
>No map. This applies to both the terminals and the simulations. If you played Miradmoore, which was a labyrinth with all the watering holes. Perhaps there could be some upgrade you find/buy in the simulation that allows you to see the map, both in the terminals and in the simulation?
>Lack of a harder mode. In concerns to the difficulty of The Desolate Hope, it pretty much just boils down to "slow start, easy midgame, slightly challenging endgame, hard secret boss." There's a Hot Coffee mode that doubles the HP of bosses but that's just lazy as fuck game design. Give bosses new attacks, new ways of fucking you and your Derelict squad up.
>UI. I think it adds to the charm of the game, but some may want a more clean UI - Scott has a habit of mixing up font choices, and has other amateurish traits to his design, it looks very unprofessional. I guess it fits with the 90s CGI style, though. I'd compare it to the UI of Sonic Adventure, which looks pretty sloppy nowadays.
>Lack of options/customization. The game is pretty rigid with how things operate - you can't change controls, you can't change settings, there's not much in the way of reorganizing your Derelicts. Could be tied into the lack of a pause button/menu.
>No fucking sequel that fixes these issues and does much more with the concept of the game. Every other one of my flaws comes down to this - there's just not ENOUGH of The Desolate Hope.

Everything else I adore about the game. It's a flawed gem that could be something really special if Scott looked to more games, to see how they polished things.

gif related

That would be PT.

your wife smells like birthday cake because the fat cow has eaten at least 3 of them today

With how poorly made five night at memes is, it might as well be a mod of Myst

Being able to throttle how hard the horror sections are by what you buy in the management sections.

And the dayshift security guard in the first one.

I remember somewhere around the 3rd one, the dev made an RPG that would've been a shitty for a free Flash game but he charged people money for it and autists lost their minds.. That's all I know about this series.

This looks cool as fuck. Reminds me of a cross of old CRPG maps and 90s computer games like Mechwarrior and Pinball, only with even more colour and style.

He later made it free.