Is something like this actually useful? And for that matter is there any controller add ons(?) that are of any use

Is something like this actually useful? And for that matter is there any controller add ons(?) that are of any use

This looks fucking retarded.

But if it works...

Then you still look like some retard who can't compete on PC

Yes.

Yeah because I have to look cool while playing video games

So you're saying it'll probably work pretty well on console. Thanks!

that one looks dumb, this is better
Thumb stick + mouse is probably never supported properly though, not in shitty console ports.
They just disregard the mouse entirely for precise camera control, shits me to tears

You always look like a retard while playing games. And does it really matter if no ones's seeing?

that looks uncomfortable as fuck, i'd rather use the wii nunchuck than either of the abominations posted in this thread

Only if your name is Woolie.

If the goal is just to look like some retard then put whatever you want in your left hand.

Man that would be amazing for some platformers.

I had this for the PS3, which I tried out for Bad Company 1, iirc there was slight input lag which felt like it was purposely done to make it balanced.

Playing games with keyboard and mouse looks pretty retarded famalam

What's the math for changing mouse movement to analog? Mouse Velocity = (variable) * Stick Distance?

And why would i want that?

What would this ever be used for? Left analogue stick is almost always movement

would make more sense to turn the PS4's big button into a trackpad. pointless just having the left analogue and D-pad.

Fps games most likely. My brother had one for his ps3 at one point. Said it was pretty decent except for the input lag.

thought the mouse just ends up emulating stick movements on consoles instead of an actual xy field which ends up being inaccurate/laggy

I tried doing one of these + mouse, but without the analog stick, there was little benefit, so I went back to keyboard.

>Is something like this actually useful?
No.

In theory you can input more precise input with an analogue-stick than wasd-keys, but practically you'd rather have the immediacy of digital input that keys provide.

In an FPS you want to move as fast as possible, so any movement that isn't straight forward/back or straight to the side is inefficient.

Yeah but going half and half will turn you into Ephialtes from 300 or something.

Shits useless for FPSes and TPSes because nearly all of them only have 8-way movement.

Don't know what else you would use it for that a controller alone wouldn't be better for.

>use DS4 with no problems
>works fine
>decide to try out Xbone controller because I think it feels slightly better
>works fine but controller eventually dies
>go back to DS4
> "controller 1's latency over 10ms"
What the shit happened? I'm less than a meter away from my computer where the fuck are these latency issues coming from suddenly?

what pc game only uses 2 non-movement keys