Props To Bloodborne Players

I'm a rather seasoned gamer, and love a good challenge. I hate when games are hand-holdy and let you somehow get away with challenges after a few tries. I generally play games on whatever the step is above normal (sometimes hard sometimes games have two ranks higher than normal, but I'm better than average in general but not amazing). I bought this today on a whim. Yes, I've heard it's notoriously hard but this is just simply unenjoyable...

Three hours of playing (not including my character design). And I am still stuck at, seemingly, the first area that leads to the first boss. I thoroughly understand the (albeit) clunky controls, healing process, weapons holsters and the basics of combat and feel in any other game I would have what I would consider a pretty solid understanding of how the game works. Hell, I even felt I was getting decent at the game for a bit and then BAM dead for 200th time on "chapter" one. The checkpoints system is idiotic to me. There is a line between challenging and downright obnoxious and off-putting for anyone that has any sort of real life obligations besides gaming.

My title of this thread is not sarcasm. I genuinely condone anyone who succeeds at this game and somehow finds it enjoyable to die 100 times and spend hours on end on a miniscule portion of the map. "It's so rewarding to pass a hard part/boss" Bullshit. By that time if I hadn't beaten it, my foot would be through the tv. I heard the game was hard (and yes I'm a dark souls noob) but damn I just don't see the fun in making it through 30 mins of gameplay with hard combat and getting zero reward of a checkpoint or anything. And no pause screen? Really? What does that prove or achieve. Wow your'e so skilled at gaming you don't even need to stop the game to pee or run to the store or, idk, have a life. If you like that, you're crazy or have much more free time than I do. This is going back to game stop tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlHIZMaZtXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

G E T

G U D .

Just found a hot pasta

If you play any game on hard then most of it must be casual shit. I can't stand a lot of games on "hard" because a lot of them are just unfair. BB however is an actual challenge and not unfair in any way. If you don't treat it as a platinum character action game you'll have finished it in no time.

G

I didn't have too much trouble with Bloodborne, yet I couldn't beat Bayonetta on the default difficulty and had to lower it. I can't beat Cave Story on the default difficulty setting either.

youtube.com/watch?v=xlHIZMaZtXw

Get the Madman's Knowledge first then start playing the game. It'll make more sense assuming this isn't a pasta.

>inb4 i plat n ten days
I guess you must have been jerking to the doll the entire time then
first soul game and i did it in three retard

I didn't have any problems with anything but the wolves on the bridge. The rest is pretty easy.

If you're having too much trouble, I recommend using the axe, making it 2 handed, and doing a heavy attack. If you just can't beat the wolves, run past them, and then duck in the house on your left. If you go down stairs in the house, you can run out right next to an earlier save point. Open the gate, hit the lantern, and even if you die, you can skip the wolves in the future.

guess what faggot

What boss are you fighting? I'm pretty sure there are two bosses you can reach in the beginning and one is optional.

I had to dick around in Central Yharnam for like 4-5 hours before the combat finally "clicked" with me

Why not just experiment with combat and exploration until you figure out what works and what doesn't?
You know, how kids used to in old games.
Having a zillion checkpoints and pats on the back for simple progress is a relatively new thing.

I'd hate to see how you'd deal with ghouls n ghosts or resident evil.

Currently doing a third annual playthrough. First death was to cleric, then a couple more times during retries, but first-timed Gherman and am now two tries in on Amelia.

I never cheesed or summonses, so everything in the game, chalices included, is within my ability. But how long until I get back in the zone? I forgot how exhausting these games are when you're out of practice.

Instead of fighting the big guy at the door and heading up the wolf bridge, go left in that area and break through the coffins. If you're not as incompetent as you say you are, then congrats you just found a shortcut back to the lantern.

Well hidden path there.

E

I remember m first run had me getting used to the combat for about 2-3 hours as well before I even made it to the first boss. Had only played Demons Souls before it so wasn't used to the Souls series at all, especially not how fast Bloodborne played.

After I eventually got to the first boss though I beat him without dying. Feeling was so good and made me realise From had been practising me for him for the past few hours. It's when the game clicked for me.

Stop drying.

T

the stereotypes were true

>first-timed Gherman and am now two tries in on Amelia.

You mean Gascan.

Honestly, even though OP is a troll, BB never gets harder than the beginning (besides defiled chalices and DLC) when you can fuck yourself hard till you learn the mechanics + enemy moves and losing all your vials.
Not having an estus like healing system was a mistake.
They should have made Iosefka's blood vial always have 5 charges per life and use you that first then it auto switch to the regular blood vials.

Yeah

I always played it safe with blood vials, how bad is it with zero at the start?

Well you gotta farm them from the starer mobs, if you're new and bad you're not gonna make it thorough the level to unlock the shortcuts without at least 10.

At this point, either you don't want to understand how to play or you just can't, it takes a mix of aggressivity and timing, the ideal is to act before your opponent has time to move then get out before he can attack after the stagger. Play with the ludwig holy blade, it's easier and honestly it looks sick.

Nice reddit post kiddo

You can't get it without having mastery of the combat though.

Good pasta

Game was piss easy from start to finish holy shit git gud