Lets settle this

Lets settle this

Whats there to settle? TV if you want to stand far away, monitor if close.

>I'm poor and want to put up with a screen that has retardedly low DPI and burn-in potential
TV
>anyone else
Monitor

Why not both, user?

Monitor for PC and tv for a console.

just like 2008

Depends on the size
As far as I know there are no 55” monitors

You can also watch movies on television.
When given this choice, choosing monitor is pure autism.

TV when I'm playing in the living room
Monitor when I'm playing in the bedroom

So easy

Television if you want to fuck your eyes, you fucking moron.

"TV" is a subset of "Monitor".

My tv is also my monitor, get on my level pleb

There is no reason to put a TV on a desk that you sit at

lol who picks a tv?

I have both, use the TV for watching stuff and couch co op games or if i just wouldn't be assed sitting at my desk but generally speaking monitors are better.

More like
>I need something with speakers in it
TV.
>I have a sound system of some kind
Monitor.

Alternatively
>I need a 60 inch display
TV.
>I'm fine with a smaller display
Monitor.

Normie here. My PC has been a laptop for over a decade now. I’ll never own a desktop again.

My opinion > your opinion

People who want a screen larger than 32" and have the option to not get an edge lit screen.

>tfw spanked all my money on my build and can't get a monitor until January
It's not too bad because I'm playing AC:O at the moment with a controller, but using keyboard and mouse on a plank of wood across my lap on the sofa is not ideal.

>he is too poor to have both

poorfag here, I prefer tv. Feels nice to have 22 inch tv double as monitor and tv with antenna. Can play some FPS vidya shitpost on Sup Forums and switch to tv to watch some comfy NHK Nippon shows on PBS channel. All in my wheel equipped office style chair. Can sit for hours eating shit and miring my little command station.

Stop right there user, lemme see your license for that TV!

Projector.

>Using anything with less than 122hz
Sell a kidney kiddo

The one where i can be a comfortable distance from. So not monitor.

Both. TV for when friends or GF come over. Monitor for when I'm home alone.

I literally do not own a PC.

Playing games at a computer desk has never been comfortable to me. Never got the appeal.

Monitor for both

What's the appeal of a TV, just why? I have PS3/4 and I use monitor for them too

You're literally a mouthbreathing mongoloid as well.

What's the minimum size and features for it to be considered a tv?

My monitor/tv has 2 HDMI ports, is 16:10 (1920x1200), 26.5", 60hz, and takes VGA/DVI and component. So which is it Sup Forums?

If it has a port for an antenna it's a TV, if it doesn't it's a monitor.

Just because you're ignorant piece of shit doesn't make the only thing you've ever used the most optimal

Why would you ever need something with speakers in it? The built-in speakers on TV's are crap, just use headphones or buy proper speakers.

I can't be arsed searching for it, but there was a study revealing that physical size == greater immersion, regardless of distance or angular size.

Therefore, a huge TV on the other side of the room is better than a monitor on your desk even if the monitor takes up more of your FOV than the TV.

Unfortunately, I'm a poorfag and therefore monitor only for now. In my case I'm also short sighted; I don't need my glasses for a monitor but I do need them to clearly see a TV more than about 1m away.

I don't know if I fucking hate what Alita looks like or if I'm permissive of it.

On one hand, it looks uncanny and bizarre. On the other hand, if someone is going to look uncanny and bizarre no matter what, they may as well be a fucking cyborg. Then it makes total sense for her to look fucking weird.

It depends on whether or not this is an actual plot point they'll establish as lore if I'm not meant to notice at all. The implication of the first is that it makes sense. The implication of the second is that I'm a retard who is supposed to think this CGI shit looks okay.

It's more about intended use. I'd say yours is a monitor since TVs are pretty much exclusively 16:9 or 21:9, although it's admittedly unusual for monitors to have component input.

Why people'd buy Monitor instead of TV?

Monitor because fuck input lag

TV is just a monitor with bad pixel density and input lag.
So take a guess you faggot

>The built-in speakers on TV's are crap
>crap
Actually they're somewhat decent or even completely fine compared to monitors with integrated speakers.

burn in?
does that even happen anymore with modern TVs?

>burn in

Is this 2005? That doesn't even happen anymore and when it did it only affected plasma TVs. Stop being dumb.

>buying desktops in almost 2018

Less input latency

OLED still has burn in issues

way less latency

doing shit on a proper desktop is much more comfortable than using a laptop

They both have different features and depending on how you spend your money you can get very different experiences.

>tfw have a 60hz monitor for work/streams, a 144hz monitor for daily use and videogames, and a 50hz sony bravia tv to watch shit from my bed

life is well

Laptops are if you don't care about upgrading, user.

Plus, there is much fun to be had having a good battlestation decked out however you want.

Do Americans really use TVs for their PCs?

>tfw don't give a single shit about television but enjoy movies and games on big screen so 60" monitor without tv adapter would be perfect for me
>no one makes them

Ultrawide IPS monitor for work and vidya, one full HD ips monitor for flicks and other shit. A 4K projector (at least a 100" screen) + high definition 5.1 DTS audio in the media room.

At least that's my own setup and I fucking love it.