GBA THREAD

Hey Sup Forums let's get a general GBA thread going.
>rpg'an
>game suggest'an
>final fantasy'an
>Pokémon collect'an

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY
youtube.com/watch?v=ve5IiTbhKf4
youtube.com/watch?v=wb_zLitqH1o
youtube.com/watch?v=0p4m1xPx3kc
youtube.com/watch?v=-2AV0Owpu8A
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbpnzcGXC8Q&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw1TxMGB2E&index=42&list=PLZzKhgUfPukCL3s_VXicywMfvDU7OxfLE
youtube.com/watch?v=P_rEDqkndN0
youtube.com/watch?v=2WoWd12vUEs
youtube.com/watch?v=bewAkvQh0XY
youtube.com/watch?v=neZ0IWAMIG0
youtube.com/watch?v=2FRPtZoaYbQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nENrxSRqz78
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dk8e3i-36-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go get a life you little cunt

>on Sup Forums

Bumping!

Bump

I was playing Ogre Battle the other day and it was quite fun, but i don't know how do you unlock new classes, is it after you encounter them? or by other means?

I'd get into Boktai had I the time right now.

And wasn't living in Finland of all places.

Im sorry but just cant get into the gba. The sound is absolute dogshit. I have never heard a non-pokemon song on it that didn't sound like hot garbage

By the characters stats iirc.

Golden Sun is my jam. Hope they get remakes (fuck Dark Dawn)

So i've played/finished almost every game that has 80+ on metacritic which isn't a port of a better version, I have obviously played games below that score as well but my question to you is what are some good gba games which are under 80 on metacritic and don't already have a cult/genre appreciation, e.g. something like shining soul II doesn't count

Canon

I agree, let's fire Dark Dawn into the sky from a cannon. Seems like a fitting end

F-Zero GP Legend is great. Climax is even better but it's Japan only.

I wanna s ur d

It's a shame about the soundchip since it makes even good compositions sound like earrape.
Some games manage to sound pretty good, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUozK4yYwOY
youtube.com/watch?v=ve5IiTbhKf4
youtube.com/watch?v=wb_zLitqH1o
youtube.com/watch?v=0p4m1xPx3kc

youtube.com/watch?v=-2AV0Owpu8A

Mario vs Donkey Kong is the most underrated Mario game period.

>that kid that didn't have a SP

I find it depends on the game. The Castlevania OSTs on GBA are garbage, for example, but these are all pretty good:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbpnzcGXC8Q&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw1TxMGB2E&index=42&list=PLZzKhgUfPukCL3s_VXicywMfvDU7OxfLE
youtube.com/watch?v=P_rEDqkndN0
youtube.com/watch?v=2WoWd12vUEs

>that kid who didn't have a headphone jack

Doing my yearly replay of AW

>tfw I'm literally the only fan of Dept. Heaven games in this board

Riviera is my favorite game (along with Cave Story). Might have to do with the floating island setting.

been on my to play list for years mate, are they still making them?

Does anyone here still play Eternal Duelist Soul?

This shit should constitute a range ban desu

This was the shit

the rest of the series is just kind of boring compared to the first mvdk

No, I think the company was absorbed and is now called Super Sting and helps with Neptunia games and shit.

thank me later
youtube.com/watch?v=bewAkvQh0XY

GBA emulation is comfy as fuck, just recently played through the first Crash Bandicoot game on there. It was actually pretty decent.

dire

true. they went overboard with gimmick controls, which likely killed the series.

>be me
>game looks cool
>finish first area
>talk around town.
>go to next place
>love exploring everything
>run out of moves
>can't do anything or return start level or go home
Dropped.

Since we're posting musics, here's one from my favourite game on the system. Re-playing it at the moment and it's still awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=neZ0IWAMIG0

mGBA or VBA? Which one do you like better?

You get move points according to your battle rank, so if you don't get enough points it just means you're shit.

Also progression from map to map is always free so you can never get stuck.

>people have nostalgia for the gameboy with the worst video game lineup

Nice b8 m8

>Finally caved in and got a "new"3ds
>Had to wait a while until the 11.3 exploit came out
>Hacked it
>Put 60 or so gba/snes and genesis games on it before coolrom and emuparadise started getting taken down

Feels like I dodged a bullet

actually the gbc easily has the weakest lineup as a whole

So? It's not like they're hard to find, even with a few links removed

But emuparadise is still online ?

I'll use this post to mention the second best gba game ever made.
Two games to look into:
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch: great Punch Out clone with a art style that reeks of early to mid 2000's cartoons.

Scurge Hive: Sort of like an isometric Metroid game but more focused on combat and a survival horror like mechanic then exploration.

What's the best solution for playing GBA romhacks? I want to play FFV with the sound patch but the only emulator I've tried (the most recent version of TempGBA for PSP) wasn't stable 60fps and had audio sync problems. And fuck PC emulators, I want to lie in bed. Would a GBA flashcart be able to do this? Or are there more stable emulators on other systems?

tl;dr how y'all niggers like to play GBA games?

Shit console, shit library of ports and shovelware.

I regret buying one because emulation became available litterally instantaneously.

I guess if you really want portability you could do it on a phone or use a gba flashcard

I use UO gpSP Kai, works perfectly.

thanks for those recs, what happened with scurge hive both ds and gba versions out within a day of each other but the gba version is better? how strange.

I was just thinking about Boktai
Shame the series didn't get a full release in the US

That megaman and bass song is groOoOovy as hell. Thanks user

same

Considering picking up Super Ghouls n Ghosts, but I suck at it. Badly.

Donkey Kong 94 is better.
No, but I did when I was younger, and the shit was great. Got an SP that came with the game, so now I can replay it.

wasn't it only nintendo that attacked and forced them to remove their roms?

The original SNES version is even better.
youtube.com/watch?v=2FRPtZoaYbQ

Yeah, first party Nintendo games got removed, but the rest are still there.

shucks
if i ever wanted to go for first party nintendo games, i'd go for loveroms, but i don't trust it as much
call me a retard though

any megaman battle network fans?

huge fan, own and fully completed every version outside of Japanese black and 4.5

Also enjoyed the zero games

Megaman and Metroid games were tge only ones worth playing imo, well besides pokemon

Would generally agree
There are a few individual noteworthy titles but huge seas of garbage

How much better is Golden Sun: TLA? I never finished the first game back in the day, but I don't feel like replaying it.

These games were great except for the DS one

>back in school all the kids that played Pokemon had Sapphire
>I was the only one who owned Ruby
I felt special and I played the shit out of that back then. Still own the game and my GBA but apparently the internal battery died.

Hehe, kind of like me except everyone had Emerald and I was the one with Ruby
Only bad part was cloning only worked in Emerald
Did everything in that game short of the celebi jirachi and deoxys events. I think you could get all three from various Game Cube games by transferring with a physical cable but that was the one thing I never did

Sup Forums is a BN fan, unless (you) whine about it not being Classic series.

I got my entire lunch table hooked on it in HS. Most of my frieneds scoffed at the game then bought it and understood. We'd netbattle MMBN3 daily, checking out GameFAQs for new program advances and shit. That game has outstanding replay value when your friends are on it.

Netbattling was fun, especially when you restrict the chips used
I remember we would play games where you were allowed to spam op PA/chips and games with restrictions on them
Always forget what vee likes considering the constant shitflinging

Love the GBA, but never really played much on it besides the usual Pokemon and Rayman. What are some must have games?

Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2

Played the fuck out of my GBA back in the day. Had the translucent white-ish model.
Spent almost all my time on Ruby and Fire Red, but I sank dozens of hours into Mario and Luigi: SS as well as the Mario SNES re-releases.
Also had The Hobbit, which was hard as fuck at the time.

This is my favorite handheld of all time

>popularized the backlit screen
>tiny size, actually fits easily in your pocket
>nearly indestructible
>incredible battery life

ffta is fun. At least it's relatively easy for a shitter like me to enjoy.

I fucken love the GBA. Nintendo's best handheld without a doubt. When I have some money to fuck around with I plan on getting pic related and soldering a AGS 101 backlit screen into it. But yeah I played pokemon sapphire and fire red, bn 1, 4, 5 and 6, the crash games, dbz super sonic warriors and some more I'm forgetting. Damn, the GBA is fuckin kino

going through advance wars 2 at the moment. thinking of clearing the war room before i move on too duel strike.

keep getting BS and Cs every stage but i dont care much.

Mother 3
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Wario Land 4
Megaman Zero 1-4

I'm pretty sure my GBA is still kicking around somewhere, actually. I spilled koolaid on it once and now you have to mash down to get it to register. What a good investment my parents made.

>mother 3
It sounds like if you smashed EBs soundtrack with a hammer a few times

>bought Advance Wars 2 for 5 bucks
>turned out to be a repro
>but it was 5 bucks
Mixed feelings. The FE repro I ended up with can fucking suck it, though.

Way better, the world is way bigger and the characters are better than in my opinion, at least Felix and Sheba. Also it has more summons and djinns

yeh like them quite a lot played the first 4

Man I get most of my roms from Loverom

Mother 3 has a completely different style then EB. It does suck as listening to the uncompressed versions of the songs you hear details lost but still, it is a phenomenal soundtrack.

Conpressed (Final):
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nENrxSRqz78

Original:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dk8e3i-36-s

Test. My ip/isp was rangebanned?? I dunno if it was cuz I was trying to phone post last night

My nigga. I like it more than FFT on PS1 / PSP. It's just fun