Rimworld

Post your bases, post your modlist, post your stories, bitch about how much you hate Tynan and RNG, whatever you like.

I don't think you know what a general is.

Just started a new game, planning to do a trading colony.

>trading colony
Have fun with massive raids because of your wealth.

any tips for someone just getting into this game? I've done the tutorial and played for about 30 minutes but I want to know if anyone has any pointers or secrets n shit

No Wood Walls
Be poor until you get good weapons
Infestations will rape your ass if you want a cave colony

he can get the Combat Readiness Check mod that rebalances wealth calculations.

alright, good to know. My base does have wood walls, so I already fucked up lol. How do you get weapons and shit? Do you just craft them or can you trade? The tutorial is pretty shallow, but I guess I should read the wiki or something.

chop down all the trees you start with, mine all the compacted steel you can find, start growing food right away, make one room with silver tiles and beds for medical procedures, store your items in a wooden shack until you can move it somewhere better so it doesn't deteriorate, and make friends with other factions by building guest beds so you can trade early on.

At this point, why not make a general on /vg/?
These threads seem to have people consistently posting in them

Because Sup Forums is for videogame discussion.

How do I survive and start an ice sheet base?

How do I remove addiction with the dev tools? Started a new game and one of my colonists is addicted to go-juice, thus unable to get out of his bed. I'd rather not restart at this point.

>Roll random starting world with random temperature/rainfall.
>Get nearly 0 rainfall and one notch down from the hottest world type, everywhere is an extreme desert.
>Try to make a tiny base in a rock outcropping, not a whole lot of room for hydroponics.
>Everyone about to starve because no more animals on the map, gravel only means I need to spend an entire season to grow potatoes, and that's if the temp ever drops below 120F.
>Turn to cannibalism causing constant mental breaks.
>Air conditioners can't even keep up with the extreme heat.

This is a hell of a lot harder than frozen places due to heat requiring venting, if I didn't have raids for human meat, I would've starved by now.

Because in a week or so these threads will go away when everyone's tired of playing the new Beta update. Some modfag anons are working on stuff though.

Genuinely considering removing the medieval mod, the tech it adds is useless and awkward, and I'm sick of "lmao 30 man medieval raids" when I'm barely even set up

Ding! Starvation!

You can craft them with the proper table, and yes people go there on caravans with guns to sell.

Or take the ones from the raiders after you kill them

do you use ancient weapons like the soother or insanity lance at all?
what are the best scenarios to use them?

have a retry with vampire mod this time around
but no more frozen desert

this time around I just leave the vampire in the coffin for like whole first year and then it make me wonder why even bother using this mod ;__;

I use the insanity lance on people with incendiary grenade launchers, tripple rockets, grenades or anything explosive during raids.

does that render them useless? do they fire the nuke on their allies or just punch them until they get downed?

I like using the so others during a psychic drone

Try the remove hediff option

I like to use the insanity lance while raiding other camps, but the one that makes all the animals in the map go berserker, its fun making the animals do all the job.

are there even chest in this game? because every time I see someone posting their base, their materials are all over the place and it infuriates me

Is it possible to make a little shack before using it so you can survive better against the animals coming for you next or will the bandits come for you first?

They will go into berserk and try to attack their allies until they get downed or enough time passes. Usually they end up dead or knocked down and no one else bothers to pick up the weapon. If I'm rich and have multiple lances I'd check every raiders stats and make the one with best stats crazy so he gets knocked down so I can capture him for future recruitment.

They're called stockpiles.

no, everything is dumped on the ground, or dumped into a container that resembles the same thing only with a sprite underneath it.

Why does the smelter seem to have the lowest priority of crafting tables and how can I get my pawns to use it without manually forcing them to when there's other things they will craft?

Reduce the priorities for crwfting/art below smithing?

Did the recent patch mess with the storytellers or something?

I usually play on Randy / Rough / Permadeath, and lately nothing fucking happens. I get like a raid a year.

When a kid which you recruit or got gets Adulthood background?

And /vg/ is for continuous threads about a particular game.

there was a general, but it was complete cancer with nothing but sexfags spamming trash.

No, they're for general threads, you newfag.

Can I trust the top files in nexusmods to give me the generally nicest mods to have available to activate eventually? I've never played the game before and might go a bit of time without internet, so I want to get everything ready for when the time comes.

I used to play Randy on rough as well on A16. Since A17 it feels like nothing happens though so I switched back to Cassandra.

Electric smelter counts as crafting (even though it takes in account the smithing skill of the character so they have to have both smithing and crafting to use it?) so even if you have crafting set to one they'll do other crafting related tasks first instead of using the electric smelter.

No. You need recommendations of mods taken from the workshop.

I'm going to assume you are a poorfag pirate though so good luck with that.

:^)

I just wish there was a silo type item for storing mass quantities of rice/potatoes/corn. Those always seem to be the biggest wasters of space in a large colony.

At least make the nutrient paste dispenser load like that, it's already crappy enough that a lot of people don't use it unless they've got a critical labor shortage and can't spare a cook.

Don't reply if you don't know what you're talking about. The only thing missing is backlinks and a wall of information in the OP.

Just use Stack XXL so you don't have to deal with 20x 75xRice and you have them all in 2x 750 rice piles.

so I've played around 50 hours of Rimworld now... I'm still learning a lot about the game as I go, but I just discovered smokeleaf on my last playthrough (I'm not reading anything online, I'm only learning the game through its in-game help), and how easy to make it is, and how it helps a lot of my colonists chill the fuck out.

I haven't used any big mods yet, just small tweaks here and there, but this gave me an idea: RJW (which I haven't tried yet) + Hospitality = two stoners set up a drug production facility that also acts as a tourism town with whorehouses and drug dens. looking for other mod ideas to fit this theme. also, how is RJW?

I like this, it has a simple charm to it.

How playable is it in it's early acess stage? Should I buy it now or wait for a pricedrop that will never come?

>air conditioners heating up the main hallway so the air conditioners cooling the main hallway can cool it.

The fuck are you doing, son?

it works

Pirate now for a nice vanilla playthrough.

Buy it on sale and explore the mods. Win win.

It's perfectly playable.

>4 coolers pushing cold air into a room
>6 coolers pushing hot air into the same room
>Other rooms have the same issue

>it was complete cancer with nothing but sexfags spamming trash.
every single Sup Forums rimworld thread I opened was the same thing

learn to use vents holy shit

I need tips on caravans, I'm constantly failing them.
>Arrive at destination to save a colonist, colonist is dead with 4 scythers around it
>Return trip taking 8 days instead of the 4 the trip there took
>Have 9 days worth of food but it rots in half the time

Whats some good food that last for theses trips? Pemmican?

>See a megaspider casually walking in my base.
>Not even attacking my survivors
>Let it stay because "hey if it's not aggressive why not?"
>My colonists keep running away in fear and cowering
>Decide to kill it with everyone
>Everything is fine and everyone only get light wounds
>Suddenly three more spiders come at my base and start attacking everyone
Mistakes were made.

eat the cat

Ah shit, I have no idea what I'm doing

Holy shit user what the fuck are you doing

>Constraining clothes
>dead mans clothes
>tattered clothes
>all on a nudist

think about how you could easily fix this user

I need more mods

The bandits don't come for you as far as i can remember, they're to busy getting fucked by animals, but yeah built a little shack with a bed, so you can wait the 24 hours of madness

Is there any way to stop free will?

I'm fucking furious about having something important that needs to be done, assigning the colonist for it, having them poke at the job and then go do something else like rest or eat.

Like now, these faggot assholes built a roof ABOVE my sunpanels because I buillt a wall near it, and every time I tell this cunt whore to tear down the roof she does it ONCE and then goes to sleep. I have to repeatedly point out which parts of the roof need to be removed to her, since she just removes a single fucking pixel of the roof and then returns to rest.

I was trying to leapfrog heat from my freezer to the hallway, but the hallway can't keep up. Freezer vents heat from the freezer to the kitchen, I could cut holes in the mountain, but then raiders just break the AC and make their way in that way.

I'm thinking about downloading that HVAC mod to better handle air.

I did, but too late
She died from a heatstroke

She's gonna be the million dollar man at this rate with how many mishaps she keeps having.
>eye gets burnt out from an exploding heater
>arm got shot off by a scyther
>ear somehow got sliced off from collapsing roofing
Good thing her wife has excellent medicine to do surgery.

pemmican is the started food that takes a year or something to spoil, otherwise you can make packaged meals later down the tech tree, honestly just use pemmican

I think the new update is coming out with queuing priority tasks but there may be some mods, otherwise you can reassign their sleep schedule whilst they do it if you really get fustrated

>Receive a 3-man raid from a addon faction
>Full-decked armor, they could swipe my base if they wanted
>Manage to outsnipe one, set on fire the second, and capture the third
>Wonderful.jpg
>Check my prisoner
>She's the mother of the faction leader
>She came with her husband and the second child to murder us
>That's some free reputation i see there
>Release her
>Walks off map
>Nothing happens

never trust enemy factions.

cut holes in the mountain for you freezer, then build more walls around it without a roof.

Like other user said, lrn 2 schedule. If you set their whole day to free time, they'll work or fuck around as they please. You gotta be specific nigger.

That would actually work pretty well come to think of it since the AC is directly above a thin rock roof that I can remove.

I used to have vents throughout the base, but even the vents weren't strong enough to keep up, so I had to switch to internal ACs to push heat fast enough, which then caused the hallway to turn into a furnace. It would actually be a good defense in a firefight if I had alpaca dusters since enemies would heat stroke before me.

Speaking of heat stroke, when summer hits, I get zero raids due to 160F temperature, it's kind of nice.

>not keeping female prisoners for rape them
pleb

I try to keep male prisoners for the same but no woman rapes them, what's happening wrong?

That's just a shitty system. Player ordered jobs should be prioritized above sleeping/playtime/whatever and completed no matter what. It's idiotic they do it a bit and then fuck off to do their own shit.

KEK.

Thats why the energy is fucking him down.

you dont need to you dingus. use vents inside, coolers only on outer walls, with an even cooler to room ratio. 1 cooler seems to handle a 4x4 room o-k in 80-100 degrees F. The way you're doing it is what is causing your issues. If I recall right the cooler generates more waste heat than it does cool air so you're actually generating excess heat inside. I haven't played for months though and I never really tested it to be sure.

You can also use MAJ+click like in a lot of rts to queue actions

Because there is a separate vulnerability requirement for females to rape.

>See colonists has dead man's apparel debuff
>It's a bullet-proof vest
>Force her to take it off
>Put it back in stockpile
>She walks back and picks it up again

Fucking stop bitch. I had to right click that shit all the way outta my base and forbid it to get her to quit.

It just works :^)
Tygan explicitly said he's not doing sales.
Good luck user.

You can leave stuff forbidden in stockpiles and they should never touch it unless its drugs

It actually worked fine when I had two coolers at the entrance and vents throughout, at least for keeping everything at 70F. It's more the waste heat from a distant freezer caused the kitchen to heat up to ridiculous levels and even with six to equalize the heat it was still sitting at about 100-110. Makes sense that it was caused by a non-1:1 efficiency in heat moved between rooms though.

Why not just add more vents in the kitchen and leave the door open?

Surely thats better and easier than having 10 fucking coolers

How do I move prisoners from a communal cell into one prisoner cells?

cant do it properly right now. you can mark the beds as non-prisoners tho so the prisoners get moved

>Make new prison
>Deconstruct the communal prison bed
>Oh no ( McFuckface is escaping )
>Capture McFuckFace
>He is lead into the new prison now

I had 6 vents and the doors open and it still heated up, removing a single section of wall fixed the issue by joining the kitchen with the hallway, but I wanted to keep it up somehow.

Can labradors eat hay?

>click on thing
>click i
>find out everything about thing

Give me some decent mods. I am so bored.

Wow it sure is telling me alot, asshole.

on the dog retard

no user

the dog

click on the animal and it tells you what diet it has

Just started a new game for the first time. My colonists won't haul shit. I have stockpiles set to accept everything, hauling is 1 priority. They're just idling. How the fuck is this game worse than dwarf fortress at controlling the AI?

That means I should put it to 0 or to 300 to make my female dwellers rape prisoners?

click on thing
f