What are your thoughts on tea bagging and other forms of "griefing"?

What are your thoughts on tea bagging and other forms of "griefing"?

Personally, I think it's completely justified if
>The other guy is garbage even though he uses the meta
>The other guy is good but you totally humiliate him when he's the last man standing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdDQpqY5OTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waste of time
Stop fucking around and play the game, the kill is more humilating than anything else you can do

Teabagging is not griefing.

mmmm. This is why we do it, cuz u know they mad.

I find griefing funny and although i don't do it myself anymore i get a kick out of watching videos and reading blogs dedicated to the subject. When i used to play Eve Online i did it a lot in very creative ways and had as much fun as i've ever had playing a game.

griefing against the enemy is not a thing
anything you do within the game outside of chatfaggotry and cheating against the enemy team is within the rules of the game because you can do it

since when was teabgging considered griefing? What I really want in games is a dab taunt, mainly just so I can dab after every kill in hopes of getting someone ass mad

i low guard so much against kilik players online that one thought i was teabagging and teabagged after he ring outed me
didnt realize how bad the physics engine was in soul calibur 4 till someone mentioned it

t. fortress 2 sniper

>teabagging
what is this 2006?
check this 5 asshole

What about when you both are clearly just dicking around so you teabag just for the hell of it.

I have never ever seen anybody complain about teabagging in any game ever.

*gets banned*
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>The people in this thread
I remember the early days of WoW. Having a guild of player killers farming victims at the graveyard was in fact griefing. You'd get two feet before being one-shotted by a level 60.

Play Uncharted.

it's why I don't play pvp games anymore
>wahh he was using game mechanics to lessen my fun!

Teabagging is just fine if you're just fucking around in a game online. As far as eSports go, I don't think it should be permitted. It would be like if football players were allowed to flip off the other team after scoring

>the kill is more humilating than anything else you can do
How? Death is constant.

This. Griefing would be like flash banging your teammates on purpose every round or something that doesn't out right harm them but is annoying. Shouldn't be allowed in ladder/competitive play, but who cares what happens in a pub? Tea bagging should always be allowed.

>flipping off the enemy team is not permitted
what
sports sound even gayer than I imagined
why would anyone become a professional athlete if they can't flip off the enemy team after scoring while getting paid gorillions to kick a ball around really good

>how fucking DARE they ban me for being a faggot

Never been a fan of shit talking, tea baggin, spamming voice lines, putting a spray on the body of the person you kill or any of that other juvenile stuff.

Taunting is fine. Throwing the game or fucking with your own team is not.

Teabag all you want, but if you teamkill I want you banned.

i play eve online, you kids wouldnt last 5 seconds

maybe they shouldn't put things in games that allow players to annoy the enemy to death in real life

What is this, 2006? I haven't seen anyone teabag in probably a decade.

wait people still teabag?

If people get tilted by it, they deserve it. In that sense it's also a legit strat.

I never do it since I've lost count of the amount of times I've killed other people that were in the middle of teabagging. It's just making yourself an easy target.

>not being good enough at video games that teabagging improves your gameplay
git gud

>shoving your ballsack in another man's face
how is this not gay?

I don't give a fuck. I mean, it is an offensive gesture, and I take it as such. So I guess I would be lying if I said it didn't do anything to me whatsoever. But at large, I am not really bothered by it. It usually says more about my opponents relationship with themselves than about that of me and him. When it's a random guy in a quickmatch online, you just know, oh, he's a guy who teabags people. He teabaged people before me, he will teabag people after me. No need to let it get to you.

it's only gay if you become sexually aroused

if you ever think to yourself that it's "justified by his actions" or that someone "deserved it" or that you "totally got back at him for cheesing you" you are a 12 year old child
the only good reason to teabag someone is if you want to get a funny reaction out them by making them mad

man games have changed
when people used to teabag it was funny and nobody took offense, or at least never took it to heart anyways. even the person getting teabagged would type lol in chat. multiplayer games have gotten way too serious.

>current year
>Still getting butthurt over teabagging

>Multilayer games have gotten way too serious
More everyone's way too sensitive

>play tf2
>set name to "Headshot Hunter"
>sniping people with the sydney sleeper
>taunt every single kill
You can have fun playing a game the right way, but you can have way more fun ruining the game for others.

I did it back in halo when i'd outplay the shit out of someone or I wanted to make them angry.

it used to be in good humour, but now games are designed with crutches to accommodate noobs and casuals so you get griefed by shitters which is infuriating

legit strat and it's fun

Actually it's a combination of people being too sensitive AND games being taken way too serious. People need to feel rewarded even when doing bad.

>eSports

>when people used to teabag it was funny
I unironically never found teabagging funny. I didn't find it offensive, either, though.

It was just retarded.

In league of legends, you flash your mastery and people fuckin lose it.

Spraying is the new teabagging.

i don't normally taunt because it takes too much time

maybe if it gave you a perk or something then I would do it

I will always and forever do things that upset honorfags. People that emote before duels, people that think gloating and taunts are wrong, people that think you shouldn't play certain characters, use certain mechanics or do certain things, whatever. I will always do the exact opposite of what "muh honor" fags expect because the only thing they're doing is limiting themselves and making it easier for me to win

It used to in socom.
>yasuo main
>outplay someone and flash my lvl 7 mastery
>red text
every time

It's obnoxious, but it makes retaliation feel so much better.

The only forms of griefing I have a problem with are habitual teamkilling, spawn killing, and just doing shitty things like grabbing the maps only heavy weapon and leaping off a cliff with it.

Even then, sometimes team killing is justified. I once nailed a headshot on an opponent in the middle of my teammates assassination on him in Halo. He started trying to gun me down and honestly, I don't blame him. Shit was funny

>yasuo main

I kinda like it for the competitive factor. Motivates me to bring the pain.

sg vs secret and eg are the best two series i've ever watched
but that was just BM, not griefing

Just makes me think the person is a faggot when they do it. Considering that you're advocating for it I think my belief has been confirmed.

It's only a waste if you're not doing well yourself. If revenge is easy to get, your opponent will only feel vindication after he kills you. Only when you are crushing him completely and mercilessly is it appropriate to teabag.

I just do it to show I care.

I'm waiting for riot to release a new fucking katana champion. If they do, i'll main that instead. It's hard to even play him due to how much he's banned. (plat 3)
League is almost 9-10 years old and there's still only 1 katana user.

>Master Yi

user..

i've been teabagging people in shooters for over ten years and i still think it's funny
i don't think i'll ever stop

i like doing it when someone is very obviously mad, it's very funny making them even more mad lol

It's disgustingly vile and shitty le-male-humor.

It was encouraged by early internet gaming being a sausage fest, so I'm glad it faded away.

>Katanafags

*teabags you*

Utterly righteous. Stop whining dead people aren't supposed to talk.

t. sensitive soyboy

>It's disgustingly vile and shitty le-male-humor.
that's the most reddit thing i've read all day

>People that emote before duels

>all those fags in souls games that bow before dueling
>run up and hit them while they're bowing
>drink estus during the duel
>beat them
>get the rage messages afterwards

I've seen it overwatch 3v3

I see no point in it and it's dangerous, so I don't do it.

you still get hate message from honor fags in DaS if you lose.

The best. I also like invading in places where it's easy to knock people off of ledges

It holds up a mirror to whoever it's done to. Some people make nothing out of it, others see something resembling their constant failure on display and experience grief.

Master yi uses a chinese broadsword hence the rings.

You best mean invasions and not actual "He summoned me on purpose" duels.

I think it's justified if someone teabags you first or otherwise acts like a jerk, e.g. teamkilling, taking power weapons and tossing them off a cliff for no reason, screaming at you for sucking even though you're not playing badly, just your general on-line douchebaggery
also this, but generally a teammate will only teabag you if they killed you or caused you to be killed somehow

I'm so glad soyboys like you and I exist. We need to stop fun in video games user to make it more safe place people to play. Fuck these disgusting barbarians. I sit when I pee too btw.

Why the hell do we have to justify tea bagging a dead guy in a video game?
youtube.com/watch?v=mdDQpqY5OTI
They do in a roundabout way.

Tbagging is a taunt, griefing is like TKing and bodyblocking. It's a nice tool to get your enemy tilted

Personally, I think it's completely justified because it's just dumb banter. Grow a thicker skin.

Why do nu-males hate teabagging so much?

>Personally, I think it's completely justified if
>it's completely justified if
>if
>""""""""""""""if"""""""""""""""

It's a virtual action, done by virtual models, in an unreal environment. Stop caring about what other player models do to your player model and stop being a little bitch.

I had to double check if he still had those after the rework actually.

But yes, you are right, upon retrospect. He's clearly supposed to be chinese, especially given his lore connection to wukong

>How fucking DARE someone be a faggot by daring to ban someone else for being a faggot

Fee-fees should never be an acceptable basis for banning as someones (aka your) pussified standards of bannable actions taken by others in the game, without cheating, can very well be the line of where others draw their bannable offenses.

>people sound like such faggots over chat they get bagged, teamkilled, or body blocked

Found the Dex fag

I do this because it looks funny for a character to jitter between animations

I don't mean to hurt your feelings ;_;

>griefing when your opponent is actually good
This is why you are all faggots.

I only grief if the game gives me a viable reason to and if its a legit way of getting resources or some other kind of profit. It does not feel empowering if I get nothing out of it, even symbolic value counts, but it has to be at least something.

It's just a generation shift, old gamers were not very into it, for them it was the new different shit that kids were doing, now there's even newer people and they hate it because it's old shit to them. Each generation does their own thing and the one before and after it hates it and prefers their own shit too, just like with everything.

>multiplayer games have gotten way too serious.
No. They have just been invaded by fags and soyboys whose idea of a good time is going on Reddit to complain about how this guy called him bad in a game and how he deserves a perma ban