Imagine working at gamestop and one day the district manager comes by and announces that you're gonna be dedicating...

Imagine working at gamestop and one day the district manager comes by and announces that you're gonna be dedicating half your floor space to video game merchanidise and not games.
So you have to dispose of half your inventory in order to make room for the new merch.

Imagine being the poor minimum wage fucker being assigned to backroom duty that has to snap over 20,000 game discs, good games, bad games, rare games, it doesn't matter, they just can't be salvageable by resellers, and corporate has already marked them as destroyed.

They don't do that, they send them to a warehouse for online purchases.

EB games doesn't even have any good games, all that's left is garbage. going there is a waste of time,

maybe because they already snapped all the good games

You can't snap an SNES cartridge

uh if were gonna imagine stuff that literally never happens why not

>work at gamestop
>DM walks through the front door
>hands everyone 4.9million dollars in brazillian walnut futures
>walks out after slapping your crushes ass
>instantly tackled by the cops
>huge media event over "sexism in gaming corperate culture"
>your walnut futures revoked because of sjws

>snapping the games
are you retarded?

no, they snap them. corporate writes them off as "waste-o's"

no, they dont snap them dont be retarded

ITT: Teenage gullibility

I still don't understand why they did this.
Gamestops used to be full around this time of year, now every gamestop I see is practically empty, even around black friday, and it's all because they dedicated half their floor space to merch and shitty pop figures.

Who even buys this shit, they have clearance bins full of merch from last month because none of it moves, they don't even have clearance vidya anymore because they probably snapped them all.

They snap and scratch discs, put holes trough cartridges and cut cables on controllers. Go watch any dumpster diving video.

I used to work at an EB Games/Gamestop. no they don't.

Yeah the local shop was always quiet, just nerds hanging out talking about games and stuff, and EB games was filled with normies. Now the retro game shop is filled with normie hipsters buying super Mario bros for $80 and EB games is empty. I hope this gaming shit ends soon it's so stupid the prices, I'm glad I got some old games when they were cheap or new but holy shit the prices are fucked up, Americans have it a bit easier

>be publisher
>release games only for consoles because pc is piracy
>ship out 100K copies since it's a niche title
>no one buys them
>gamestop breaks all the unsold games
>only a few people have ever actually played the game

whoah... so this... is the power... of... consoles...

I'm trying to buy as many last gen games as I can that might be niche because I'm afraid they'll be like $300 like some Saturn games

people who are savvy enough to buy niche games aren't going to sell them to gamestop or for anything less than the purchase price on the second-hand market

What does that matter? The games will always be playable. All that would happen is that literal trash will finally be recycled.

yes they do, and the managers get a bonus if they do it quickly
if you used to work there, name the five gamer values

No corporate is

>kind of want a 3DS and trying to find one used
>check at Gamestop
>used 3DS' are still at only maybe $10 below MSRP
>can't find my PS3 controller and can't find any at any other game stores near me
>again, look at Gamestop
>a used PS3 controller is $50
Fucking racket

THIS is why Sup Forums is upset about them selling toys?
Because you guys believe they “got rid” of inventory to make room for it?
You guys are fucking retarded.
All they did was condense the sections by standing most of the cases bookshelf style instead of facing out.
No inventory was removed or destroyed to make room for toys you absolute chucklefucks.

Are you retarded? We just have stacks of games in our back rooms or ship them off store to store. The last game that was marked for destruction was deformers for god knows why. Probably because it was a shit game and gamestop published it.

>five gamer values
Do you mean the circle of life? Are you ok man

You can get a used launch 3ds for 70 bucks now

that's not a destruction order in a lot of cases.
When I used to do that shit we had to destroy them in some way, and mail back the physically destroyed discs to prove we didn't just yank them to sell used elsewhere. Necessary because if you did sell it, you were hitting the company bottom line and acting as a competitor (immediate termination w/o pay). Usually we did it with razorblades or this things that looked like meatgrinders, that perforated the disc in a grid pattern.

What's not a destruction order?
Deformers was literally marked for field destroy, no hyperbole.
Also, at least in my district, district managers have been now made responsible for field destroy to prevent theft.

I remember when they made the transition was made. So much merch

I would have liked the action figures when I was a kid honestly, they never had much of that back then. I had a ganondorf, and a donkey Kong but it was hard finding that stuff.

They literally do though.

Look up "GameStop Dumpster Diving".

I got my ps3 development unit controller for 28 bucks

The fuck is GameStop doing

knew it, if you can't recite the gamer oath you weren't an employee

Raping the game community for every dollar they can get.

>gamestop destroying merch they can't sell instead of warehousing it

but why male models?

>cant sell it now
>too stupid to sit on it for 10 years and sell it at retro gaming prices
this would require some forethought and long-term planning, and american corporate culture and shareholders only want IMMEDIATE short term gains.

>go to gamestop to buy "new" game
>go to buy,
>clerk drops disk on floor when they try to put it in the case

So, about these snapped disk; let's say I was the one assigned to do it, my supervisor/boss would be cool enough to let me keep the ones I want right? I mean, you are smart enough to get on good terms with your bosses right? And I don't think everyone is a complete asshole at Gamestop based on my own experiences there. So this would be possible right?

if you wanna lose your job over a $10 game, be my guest

No,all managers must record snapping sessions. The video is sent to corporate where they watch them. Any manager not recording is docked holiday bonuses

How would you lose your job if you bosses were cool with it? Dude, how you ever had a job before? I work for a Toyota, I know more than 10 people who make a shit ton of cash and blow it on crack cocaine, and these are the ones at the top of the food chain running the got damn dealership. we have sold new cars in shitty conditions due to climax changes and weather effects on the exterior on a regular basis. And no one gives a flying fuck because we all make money. I'm pretty sure you can get your boss to give you an OK to keep any of those games you want. You think Gamestop is full of honorable people, really?!?! LMAO.

My manager told me if I didn't break all the games he'd break my legs!!

>Imagine working at gamestop and

I kill myself immediately.

Hmm
weird. none of the gamestops where i live look like that

Stop lying liar

This sounds retarded enough to be a real business practice

someone sounds mad

Imagine you're a sore manager, that you get the same games from the same people every week, white sleeves, some with red box residue on the disc. But you can't turn them away because Regional and DM say 'it trades and product'

Imagine finding out that the non redbox games are fakes bought off eBay. But regional and DM still say 'it's still product, just take care of them when they come back if it doesn't work'

Imagine having to take in literally stolen and take games, and the company doesn't fucking care.

I'm thrashing about, throwing plates and hammering walls so you better apologize

you sound autistic

Burn it to the ground

Not all red box games are stolen faggot but way to generalize.. I have 2 legit bought redbox games

Imagine you tell your DM you're not comfortable taking in "white sleeve" games. Congrats, you just got fired.
They don't call Gamestop one of the worst places to work for no reason.

I just started screaming at the top of my lungs, you better stop or else!

>rejecting your main source of income: used games

great way to go out of business

youre autistic

OP if I'm stuck working at gamestop I'm gonna be having way more important things on my mind than having to snap 20,000 used copies of Madden 11 and CoD Ghosts.

I've had a game brought in before it was released with redbox sticker residue on it.
I've also had the same guy with a stack of games with the same residue on each game each day of the week.
As we take them in, he wants to know more about a game that just released and wants to buy it (so he can get more credit), yet he's trading it in.

The only reasons I know they are stolen are 2 points. 1) they already busted one ring of people who had stolen the keys to get into redbox kiosks, but there are more than one group and 2)the come in, same people, different id's every week, with the same games, both on ps4 and xb1.

Is a fucking joke, the company deserves to get shit for this. Encourage stealing because you can just sell it to Gamestop, oh and make sure you buy from us too, 1 in every 5 games are fake so you know you'll be coming back!

Look at If someone buys a used game but has to swap it out 5 times cuz it doesn't work, you know they're gonna be upset and never shop there again. And in the end you just lost money since those games are worthless now. Great business practice.

see accepting half-functional stolen shit games brings lots of short term profits, which is the only thing corporate cares about

I'm sure you're not aware, but 2016 'collectables' topped the preowned margin in profit. They expect it to surpass preowned in 2017, easy. That's why when you walk in to a store, half of it looks like fye/hot topic /toysrus.

Better business model 'let's get people that don't buy collectables have to come back in because their game doesn't work, and it's another chance to sell them collectables.'

cut a deal with your manager to let you sift through the games you want

>I work at at a dealership so I know shit about everything.
Nice job choice there bud.

I'm just saying, no one will give a fuck about you taken a few games or your choice. 10 games out of 20,000 is nothing no one is going to complain about. And no one will get fired. You're delusional if you think these guys aren't taking some of those games for themselves.

>Imagine working at gamestop

I'd rather kill myself.

Itt: communists

>you're gonna be dedicating half your floor space to video game merchanidise and not games.
I don't see a problem with this
>that has to snap
That's not how it works

>corporate has already marked them as destroyed.
you take them then

Fuck, I should've gone long on Cashews instead.

>snap CDs

Who cares. It's all just plastic junk.

it's really not that big of a market
walmart and target both started dedicating sections to 'fandom" merchandise like officially branded shit and funko pops and most of it is now in the clearance section because none of it sold well enough

Retail stores are just dying in general.

Except RadioShack. I don't know how the fuck they're still going.

Radioshack's retail locations have mostly turned into cellphone stores now.

Man that's terrible. Why would anyone ever visit Gamestop at this day and age?

Every single RadioShack in my city has closed within the last few years