In its current state and with its current library, is a Switch worth buying? Considering getting one

In its current state and with its current library, is a Switch worth buying? Considering getting one

Honestly, no. It seems like it's going to go down the same old familiar Nintendo path of treading water until it can sell with pokemon, coasting for 3 years and then dying off.

If you like Mario, yes. If you don't, then stay away.

i like it
i bought it on a semi drunk whim
mario and zelda are pretty great games

Yes. It looks like it'll get Wii-levels of support, but this time not just for casuals

Much better than Wii U, with a mainline mario and zelda game, so yes, I would say it's worth it.

Yup. It's a good thing. Some good big stuff to play and a bunch of good smaller games too.

So, dumbed-down ports of popular games, and tons of shovelware?

How about do what you want, instead of asking a bunch of contrarian Sup Forumsirgins?

It's not moddable yet so no it's not worth it.

No, my Lil bro bought a switch for Chrismas now is crying because the games are boring

Same as the PS2

When Smash and the Pokemon game get announced, is it worth buying? Real, talk.

k? The PS2 is like 20 years old, isn't it? Why are you bringing it up?

And animal crossing and retro's game.

>Mass Effect and Overwatch
It always makes me laugh that there are people that won't buy the system unless these two heaping piles of shit are on the system.

I would buy a switch for this.

No, but maybe sometime next year though.

if you aren't already wanting a switch, it's probably not for you. the best zelda and mario of all time while the other heavy hitters such as splatoon 2 and xenoblade have already landed. kirby, yoshi and metroid in the works, but not much else.

Not if you have already have a Wii U to play Zelda on

>the only good game shown there actually did get ported

>but not much else
You already know the full 2018 lineup? Can you tell me what else is in it?

Definitely.
Mario Oddysey, Mario kart and Zelda sre the holy trinity of switch gamess, if it only had those it would still be worth it.
It also has some other good ones like Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade.
Then you have decent games like Pokken, Fe warriors, Arms, Mario and rabbods, Doom, etc.
Plus some overpriced indies if you like those.
Plus the certainty that youll get metroid prime 4, Fire emblem, Pokemon and Bayoneta 3 in the near future.

Bayonetta 3 and SMTV are what sold me the system, as well as the 2 port

i would say yes
>mario odyssey
>botw
>splatoon 2
>arms
>mario + rabbids
but we are so close to the january direct you might as well wait a bit more and see if the 2018 lineup is good.

You have like 4 games to play, included Mario + Zelda

I'm fighting myself to not buy it only for XC2 and maybe D5. No marios, zeldas or splashits interest me.

You are fucking weebo get off my switch

So if Nintendo doesn't get enough third parties in a few years they're going to release their games on systems that will be old by then?

*.....bling...bling.....warhoooo.....*

All I needed to buy one was BOTW and it's probably the only system that I've bought so many games for in a single year and there's probably more I could buy like Mario Kart if I wasn't so busy playing other games.

Bayonetta Trilogy and Metroid Prime 4 were enough future titles for me to buy it, in addition to the Marios and Zeldas that are already out.

user