Is it bad that I thought the most unrealistic thing that happened in this game was them managing to pull together a...

Is it bad that I thought the most unrealistic thing that happened in this game was them managing to pull together a band and play a song competently over the course of a weekend's practice despite absolutely none of them (disregard Yu playng trumpet in Social Links) having any musical experience whatsoever and with absolutely no professional tutelage?

The whole game is just unrealistic wish-fulfillment for losers who had shitty highschool experiences.

mind posting the song? while I don't think the average person is very talented, these are all exceptional people because it's a video game. anyone can learn a simple chord progression on guitar or some fills on drums, it'd only seem unrealistic if they were just busting out solos or improvising

they're japanese
also it's dumb and we will never get a real persona game until atlus gives western writers a chance

Wasn't that one of the things added in Golden anyway? Don't think it was in the original.

>there's been 7 games (not counting re-releases) all written by japs

>we will never get a real persona game until atlus gives western writers a chance

I couldn't get through the intro on this game, it slogged so fucking hard. Persona 5 is shaping up to be a much better entry point for me, enjoying it a ton so far. The intros in these games are almost disgusting, 5 isn't as bad though.

until we get good western writers like yoko taro and hideo kojima(or at least someone in their level) we will never get a persona game that won't be wish fullfillment bullshit
also P5 sold like fruitcakes in the west it would be dumb to not give them at least some spots in the company
same here,P4 UI was kinda slow and bad(not as bad and unintuitive as P3) but somehow I finished P5 in four days of non-stop playing on how good it was while my P4 save is like 30 hours long and I'm just kinda bored to keep going
though P5 will be great,going back to the old games will be hard

P4 literally has the worst intro in the series, but it get's way better after it. I liked P5 a lot but I hated the 6 hour tutorial.

Yeah if theyre realistic american students, theyll be playing smash mouth or shooting stars song to be ''''ebin''''

>we will never get a persona game that won't be wish fullfillment bullshit

>t. Started with Persona 3

Also Kojima isn't a good writer, he's a good idea man. He needed Fukushima to balance out his bullshit.
And Taro is more of a writer than a video game maker so I don't know if you should consider him.

P4 ui is just reskinned p3 ui anyway

That's the worst part of the game. I hated it.

Say what you want, but its the only persona game with good weather sounds, at night, when raining, the sound of the water hitting the roof was truly comfy. I could stay 30 min listening to it

P5 seems to be really picking up faster after that first castle beginning. So far everything since has been really cool and nicely done. It's real stylish too, I dig it.

except for the loud music
desu I turned that shit off when not on dungeons
for some reason I either like comfy slow and not intrusive music/only ambient sounds instead of HEARTBREAK and INEVERFELTLIKE blasting through your ears

They only learned to play one song and nothing else, they just mimicked what you're supposed to do to get certain sounds in correct order and nothing else. It's retarded and pointless fluff but not unrealistic.
It's called True Story. A short and simple pop song.

>we will never get a real persona game until atlus gives western writers a chance
>le western writers maymay
Seriously, though. Atlus is primarily focused on the local market regardless of how good their games do overseas.
Why would they even consider letting outsiders shit on their IP in its prime?

>Yoko Taro
>Kojima
>western writers

not really. when I was around 13, I learned the drums in less than two weeks. I was so into it, I picked it up really fast and was able to play quite a few songs(not well but you could tell what I was playing)

I could probably teach random kids how to cover a green day track in a few days.

They'd suck at it, but it's possible.

Not for this chuckle fuck cast of characters though, it'd have been more realistic if they'd just fucked up.

i'm positive a bunch of nobodies could pick up brain stew in a few days

>Yoko Taro
>Kojima
>good writers

>There will never be a full Eng version of True Story sung by Laura Bailey

>Yoko Taro
>Good writer
Persona stories are pretty shit, but Nier Automata tried too hard to be 2deep4u

My highschool experience was amazing I like p4 because it allows me to relive those days

>John O'hara
"There was the time Elinor Holloway... shinnied half way up the flagpole while five young gentlemen, standing at the foot of the pole, verified the suspicion that Elinor, who had not always lived in Gibbsville, was not naturally, or at least not entirely, a blonde."

>Yoko Taro
Pod 042: I am embarrassed.
Pod 153: Why is that?
Pod 042: I launched a suicide attack, and yet here I am, still alive. I must look very silly.
Pod 153: Do not feel bad about it. We are alive, after all. And being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
—Pod 153 to Pod 042 during Ending E

Yes, even something written by a renowned novelist can sound stupid out of context.
Is this your point?

Good, because she couldn't fucking sing.

Exactly. You could teach. These kids taught themselves. Hell, the fact that Chie is even able to blow into the trumpet properly in that time is completely unbelievable as it's one of the hardest parts of learning how to play the trumpet (t. did trumpet at school)
I repeat, they have absolutely no musical experience whatsoever, don't even know how to read music (which admittedly a lot of musicians can't do), did not have a professional teaching them and can barely even get a sound out of them a day before they're supposed to perform. No matter how hard they practiced even with the kind of pressure they had there is absolutely no way they all could have done that. When I did school band and individual recitals we spent WEEKS practicing the most basic songs even with more experienced musicians and with professional teachers. Call me shit if you like (I wasn't fantastic) but this situation is beyond stupid and it really pissed me off. Why on earth didn't they just fucking mime it or something? PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS are made to mime on occasion for that sort of thing, especially with that kind of notice It was only supposed to be a promotional thing. Honestly would have been more realistic for Teddie to just magically create the sound himself or control them to play it perfectly or something but nooooo they gotta be perfect wish fulfillment vidya characters.
Not to mention Chie and Yukiko fucking BACKUP SING in addition to play their instruments.
I'm so fucking mad.

Your problem is taking Golden content seriously.
Everything added in P4G is filler tier asspull fanfiction trash.
That's why any sane person would never recommend Golden over the original version.

Golden's much better than vanilla, even if Marie and the concert are shit.

The general QoL improvements made to the game are worth it enough, even if the added story shit is meh

Plus marie is kinda cute

No she's not.

>Most annoying character in the game voiced by one of the loveliest voices in the industry
Not sure how to feel tbqh. And of course her brother is one of the most grating and had to voice Teddie in it as well.