What game has the best lore?

What game has the best lore?

>Lore
Morrowind
>Quests
Oblivion
>Draugr
Skyrim

Morrowind has the best everything. Oblivion is barely playable and Skyrim is shit.

TES
The fan fics from reddit suck ass though.

Skyrim.It's the previous two and a plus.

Morrowind has the most interesting lore

Oblivion is ass all around

Skyrim lore is handled very well but not as interesting as Morrowind's

Sometimes I feel all people want from TES lore is a 24/7 Dwemer circle jerk.

Morrowind, no contest

>skyrim lore is handled very well
>they butcher the province
haha

Oblivion has the best quests, music, and mods
snow elves, aelyids, and tower lore are far more interesting

KOTN was the best bit Oblivion had in terms of lore, it was bad though
Skyrim ruined any grasp I had on the Nordic pantheon, but it mostly wasn't bad

tes vi hammerfell will blow them out of the water

Magic feels like crap in Oblivion, hate having to do all the guild quests just to make spells

>I hate having to work my way up the guild in an immersive and fun way
wew lad

>implying it's not going to be a casualized "good vs evil"-tier shitfest

>Extremely niche and barely mentioned skywhales aren't present
>Autists act like this has ruined the lore forever

Fuck off mate.

Morrowind easy

Name a way they butchered the province.

They all have the same lore. Thats what makes it a "series"

The only difference between Skyrim and Morrowind Nords is that the Nords suddenly worshipped Talos, but then again a lot can change in nearly 400 years.

>i like doing the same quests over and over multiple playthroughs to gain access to a mechanic that was freely available in Morrowind
freely available in that you could make spells without seeming like a master mage, which helped immersion even more than going through a tedious quest line composed of finding invisible lizards and buying back a staff. In morrowind you could be a simple warrior looking to make a basic restore attribute spell after battling a mage.

>Cyrodiil is generic medieval

Ayleid and Falmer are literally Altmer reskin. Falmer has the extra dumb part of worshipping Auriel as the sun god
Towers are barely touched upon in any game

Not those Nords though
Early nords, 1st and 2nd era
Their old religion was certainly changed up

In what way? Shor and Kyne are still mentioned a ton in the game, so is Alduin (even though Alduin was just the Nordic Akatosh back then).

All elves are a divergence of Aldmer anyway

In a way that their worship of ancient god's was changed, though honestly I last played skyrim in 2012 so I'm not sure of anything, and I'm not good at old Nord shit either, I'm sure they retconned a fair bit of it though

I honestly cannot remember anything about the old Nordic pantheon being changed. Most of them aren't mentioned other than Shor and Kyne, but nothing suggests it was retroactively changed.

>tfw you'll never talpa in your amaranth after you chim in your c0da

>Cyridil isn't a lush jungle because magics.
Hackery

The bridge you cross in not Valhalla is made out of whalebones.
They give nods to the weird stuff all the time.

>magics

nah man, it's rewriting the universe itself abusing the fact that the universe is a dream

Morrowind is very easy.
Add in all the exploits and it is the least challenging game in the series.

Most of the gods weren't really there
As you say kyne was missed, which is a big one for Nords tbqh
After looking though I think my gripe may have been cut parts of Skyrim though, not so much retconned as never made it in, but it makes the difference all the same
Different pantheons are a good and interesting part of TES, how gods of the same aspect work, so it's a shame they didn't include more of it besides the obvious
Half baked I guess

>you could make spells without seeming like a master mage
why? That is dumb. Making spells is a pretty OP thing. Easily the best thing about Oblivion was the guild structure; Mages guild you need to work your way up to get access to all the cool shit, thieves guild you have some genuinely decent sneaking level design and great immersive way to join, dark brotherhood has even better quests, levels, story, and way to join. Fighters guild is the only one that's kind of boring shit but even then the story blows Skyrim's out of the water

>Towers are barely touched upon in any game
The towers are the main storyline of every single game. It is the main story of the entire series

The fact they're getting fugged in the a in every game is notable too

Skyrim>Oblivion>Morrowind

Lore is continuous, Elder Scrolls is a whole series.
Are you asking which game had the most interesting plot? Or perhaps which region has the most interesting lore? Because even with lore changes like Cyrodiil being changed, every game including Oblivion added tons more of interesting lore like Commentaries on Mysterium Xarxes, Pelinal and his sagas, more details on Sheogorath etc.

MORROWIND
CHIM
GODHEAD

BEST LORE FUCK SKYRIM NORMIE TRASH

Each game has like 2 sentences associating with Towers falling

Skyrim actually retconned Nordic pantheon but it made it even more interesting this time around, not in the game itself though. It seems that most people switched to a crude version of Imperial pantheon with names leftover from Nordic one.
The lore they did add though is the fact that the Nordic pantheon established by Wuflharth was preceded by Totemic Animal cult brought by Ysgrammor and maybe even before. It's very interesting and even MK worked on this particular expansion of lore, he even has a big tumblr post explaining each totemic animal.

>Towers are LITERALLY mentioned in Skyrim trailer, and Esbern LITERALLY refers to Brass Tower, White Gold Tower and Snow Tower.

i wasnt talking about skywhales i was talking about how they made nords pussies and didn't mae 90% of skyrim except the reach a snow blasted hell hole. also, where are my elemental naked nords who are as light as wind?

nordic pantheon. all i have to say.

And? Do you want all of collective lore of the series to be relevant to every event and everything to be focused on one thing?
TES is a fantasy setting, it's not fucking Star Wars garbage or something like that. There is a lot of shit going on in the lore at the same time.

Yeah that makes sense
I'd have enjoyed to see the current day clash of culture and religion come out more, which is interesting being as though it's during a rebellion for independence, seeing a stronger resurgence of the Nordic pantheon in more anti imperial areas would have been obvious
I'll take a look at the MK thing at some point

I tried to play morrowind, and got about an hour into it before I had to quit. It's just too archaic for me. Skyrim was my first elder scrolls game, and oblivion was better, but morrowind is gonna have to come out with an hd remake before I can handle it.

It is mentioned several times in game that this game takes place during a summer, otherwise everything would be frozen over and fucked.
As for obscure Nordic cults like that, dude, they were a large minority AT THE TIME OF TIBER SEPTIMS REIGN! Think about that, they were a dying breed when the PGE was written.
Why do people keep bringing up shit that was 500+ years ago? How much shit happened in Europe from 10th century and fucking 15th.

Skyrim's rebellion is for worship of Talos, which is Cyrodiilic pantheon anyways

Consider downloading a graphical overhaul if you're that casual you can't play vanilla
If your issue is combat, don't make your character a retard who can't use the weapons you want to use, and don't fight without having lotta stamina

>michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/128602974278/excerpt-from-a-tesv-skyrim-design-document-with
Here is the whole thing.

>takes place during a summer
hehe they took the got pill real hard with this one.

Kinda yeah
Ulfric is just pissy at the empire though, he demanded open worship in a place people were worshiping anyway, which is something he knew the empire couldn't do on any official level, otherwise they become a big ol' deal breaker
So him trying to divulge away use of the cyrodiilic pantheon back towards traditional Nordic worship wouldn't seem strange

Not being mentioned doesn't equate to being retconned. The Greybeards constantly mention Kyne, there is even a quest from Froki for the goddess Kyne. Most Nord faith has basically become a fusion of the old Nordic and the Cyrodillic pantheon, but nothing about the old Nordic one was changed. Hell even Herma-Mora is refereed to.

that doesn't change anything I said. The destruction of the towers in an attempt to destroy the fabric of reality is the main plot of all the TES games, and the story in each one centers around the destruction of one of the towers

>Taunt Nerevar
>Hide in a Volcano

Every time.

The fuck are you talking about? Skyrim development started as soon as Oblivion ended and there are design documents and concept arts in my folders that bate to 2007, and it released the same year as Game of Thrones, unless you are implying that they changed their plot in months before the games release.

Yes, but Nords see Talos Stormcrown as a Nord.

Wulfharth is the most interesting Nord in the lore desu. Has there ever been any other mention of Ash Kings other than Wulfharth?

No he is not. Talos just like Dragonborn from Skyrim are Ysmir.
Nords have worshiped all incarnations of Ysmir since Wulfharth created a cult around himself and maybe even before.
Talos was destined to be worshiped because he is of Shor and is also Ysmir.

Uh oh you have summoned the heretics.

>they turned oblivion into a tolkien fantasy land because they loved lord of the rings so much
>you're insinuating they wouldnt do the same with skyrim over got
haha toddy me boy you got this one good

It was probably something to be played in its own time. I remember loving it but i just cant get back into it these days.

Ha, very clever
I would recommend adding the sword from the Daggerfall boxart for the T

So are the Nords going to turn the Last Dragonborn into a deity as well? Hell he/she may be the most powerful Dragonborn in history given when Wulfharth, Hjalti, and Reman were around there were no dragons.

There are no other Ash-Kings.
Do you mean Daemon Chieftans? Because there were several Daemon Chieftans in lore as far as I can remember, with some crazy time fuck Thu'um powers.

this desu

idk why people give Oblivion so much credit, it's easily the worst 3d TES game and unplayable (although so is Skyrim, which is marginally better)

All incarnations of Talos are correct thanks to the nature of Talos himself and mytheopia.

>>they turned oblivion into a tolkien fantasy land because they loved lord of the rings so much
hate this meme
nothing about oblivion looks like lotr. Dragon Age on the other hand...

Talos isn't really just like them though is he?

Was just wondering, since any time someone mentions Ash King they are usually referring to Wulfharth.

There are many things that are unique to the Arcturian Heresy.
Mostly because it is built on half truths and outright lies.

>they turned oblivion into a tolkien fantasy land because they loved lord of the rings so much
Yes, this happened because Ken Rolston is a fucking retarded mongoloid old fart that hated direction that series was taking and was a DnD grognard that convinced everyone to try more generic shit.
Then he instantly got BTFO when Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles was ten times better than base game.
>you're insinuating they wouldnt do the same with skyrim over got
I literally have all the design documents and released/unreleased concept art. Several art pieces have dates on them.
You also do not understand development pipeline if you think that a concept art, assets, texturing and world design process can be changed in fucking two months time.

>Hell he/she may be the most powerful Dragonborn in history given when Wulfharth, Hjalti, and Reman were around there were no dragons.
They had their own hacks.
Wulfharth was a literal incarnate of Shor and was basically a demi-God walking.
Reman had Amulet of Kings and could do insane reality warping shit with it.
And yes, if Nords remember the ways of the old they might start to worship Dragonborn.

No he isn't, he is a lot more, but precedent for Talos worship comes from long before the Imperial Pantheon adopted him.
>Half Truths and lies
>More and more ingame evidence including literal Ghosts confirm it

Just like most things in TES.

So was the Underking Zurin Arctus or Wulfharth?

Zurin's body and power, Wulfharth's mind

It is unclear.
Underking could have been an identity adopted by Wulfharth first and Zurin after, or it could be a completely new entity created after Mantella blasted souls/hearts of Zurin and Wulfharth. They could have merged somehow after that whole strange bullshit.
Whoever it was, he hated Tiber Septim and thought he was a dick and a betrayer.

The ghost confirms Hjalti was dragonborrn nothing more.

There is lore in Oblivion and Skyrim?

Oh yeah I guess there's that guy who works at Belethor's shop

>play Morrowind
>oh shit nigger i'm Nerevar
>find the cave
>go for the final battle

>"My first question is: Are you really Nerevar reborn?"
>I know no more than you do.
>"What a world.... Perhaps we shall never know. But as I have sympathy for you, and the melancholy fate of all mortals, I shall weep for your death."
>mfw

Fuck Azura.

I'm aware, but Last Dragonborn is pretty bonkers by the end of the Dragonborn DLC. You absorb six "canon" dragon souls overall, and you absorb all of Miraak's power and knowledge without the download of being locked in Apocrapha.

How did the Underking write the book about how he got soul trapped in the mantella while being soul trapped in the mantella?

It isn't your run of the mill soul gem and in the MK verse the only version left is fighting time wizards in a time bubble.

Literally nothing about Skyrim is better than oblivion

>tfw they'll never do anything with the gigatons of incredibly interesting lore

they could at least have a few more interesting npcs

In the context of release:
>Morrowind
>Oblivion
>Skyrim

From a current perspective
>Skyrim: Best mod platform/second best lore including DLC
>Oblivion: best quests
>Morrowind: best lore, probably aged the best

Skyrim would have aged like milk if it wasn't for the modding community trying their damn near best trying to fix all the issues in the game, as well as making their craziest fetish fantasies come to life

>How did the Underking write the book about how he got soul trapped in the mantella while being soul trapped in the mantella?
This sounds like something our of Dwarf Fortress.

>only book worth reading is Lusty Argonian Maid

who cares for lore, let me wreck peoples shit with a sword.

Morrowind
Aged best

Did you write the whole thing out just to see if anyone would notice that?
If it was bait well done.
If you believe it I am going to guess you are Trainwiz.

Because most likely it's not a soulgem made to hold normal souls, it probably ripped whatever part of their souls was connected to Lorkhan since Numidium needed a replacement Heart of Lorkhan.

Isn't there a book in Morrowind and Skyrim by someone ftom the Fifth Era writing about events from the Foutth Era that's piblished in the Third Era?

Liches found a way to trap their soul away in a soulgem and still have their mind inside of the body.
You have to remember that soul in Elder Scrolls is made up of at least three different parts that can be switched and trapped.
AE or Anuic remnant, Memory/Mind and Animus/Magicka holding body.
When you enchant an objet AE and Memory go to soul cairn or whatever realm the gem was bound to while the Magicka holding body gets merged with the object, etc.

I wonder if we'll see Vivec or Nerevar(?) ever again.

The "Xbox 360 was my first gaming platform" starter pack.

Elder Scrolls and Halo indisputably have the best lore of any vidya series

Oblivion

I have no idea who that is, I'm not really active in the ES community, I'm actually an /o/tist.

My opinion is was motivated by that I don't like the aesthetic and design of Oblivion, and I can't bear the play Skyrim unmodded anymore, but I can still go back and play stock Morrowind just fine. It might be because of my memories of the game, but take it at face value I suppose

Might and Magic series has some really interesting lore as well.
Especially when you find out all the Magic Artifacts are really just Very Advanced Technology, monsters are Splicing Experiments or Aliens and then you get invaded by Demons Actually Aliens and fight them off with Laser Blasters.
They were really stupid for waiting so long to introduce it to HoMM with the Forge Castle, because HoMM fans =/= M&M fans. Were they to introduce it in HoMM 1 or 2 there would have probably been little to no backlash.

As far as series that started as a game, it's not even a contest.
I would argue that both have better lore than majority of shitty film universes and your run of the mill fantasy/sci-fi universes.