Yakuza

I've just finished this game. What a fucking masterpiece. The only Yakuza game I played before 0 is the very first Yakuza on PS2. Now this series has seriously caught my interest. What are the essential Yakuza games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5w0E6y01OuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play Kiwami

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HEY YOU

Just play the rest in whatever order. Yakuza 5 requires knowledge of the events of Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 6 requires knowledge of the ending of Yakuza 5, but aside from that you'll be fine. Also Dead Souls is a spin-off thing that you can play at some point after Yakuza 4 too if you want but it's not essential (or all that good really)

Is it really worth it if I've already played the original game? What are the differences? Is it better?

It's a remake of the original in the engine used in 0 so you get it at 1080p/60. It's also really cheap (launched at $30) so you should probably check it out.

It's basically just an expansion to 0 in terms of gameplay. Also adds a lot of new Nishiki cutscenes that weren't in the original to flesh his character out a bit more since he's on screen for like 10 seconds in the original

Main positive is that it fleshes out Nishiki's fall some more. After Zero and Kiwami 1 he's probably objectively the best antagonist in the series just by means of how much build-up he now has.

Main negative is that it shoves the goofy Majima of Y1/2/3 down the player's throat really, really fucking hard despite being a character that works bests in small doses (he was fine in 0 due to acting so differently to how the player typically sees him).

Starting the series, should I begin with Kiwami, 0, or the ps2 original?

is there a remake of the yakuza games on ps3?

If generational shifts in graphix and gameplay really bother you, start with Yakuza 1 on PS2. If isn't something that will bother you, start with 0

0 or the ps2

I recommend 0, it's one of the best in the series. but if you're absolutely autistic about getting the proper experience, then go with the original since 0 does have a few small references to events that happen later in the series, no real spoilers though and it won't impact your enjoyment

Since you've played the original already, I think you could just watch the Nishiki scenes on youtube and otherwise ignore Kiwami to be honest.

Thanks guys. After playing 0 I really hate how Nishiki is basically noone in 1. We don't know a thing about him and can't feel anything when he betrays Kiryu. Because of that I really believe that 0 is a good starting point or you should at least play it before 1.

There was a Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection on PS3 and WiiU, neither were localized though.

I also just finished 0 as my first Yakuza game. Didn't know what to expect going in, but the game was a fucking masterpiece. Considering trying Kiwami next.

What is the longest Yakuza game?

It's difficult to give advice on the matter.

Objectively, playing from Yakuza 1 on ps2 is the best course of action. These games only get better with each new version, so if you intend to play them all at some point it's definitely best to play in release order.

On the other hand, Yakuza 1 isn't a great game. It's worse than every other game in the series by far and has high potential to put newcomers off the series entirely.

If 3, 4 and 5 had kiwami versions the choice to start with 0 would be obvious. As it stands, it's really up to you. These games are pretty long anyway, and they're all quite similar so it might be a struggle to get through the entire series if you're not playing them as they release.

That's really up to the player. If you want to 100% the games they're all very long. The latest one usually has the most content. I haven't played the newer releases but I've played the first 5 and 4 and 5 had a staggering amount of things to do.

I mean, if you only do story missions

I feel like having Vincent cheat with two "women" kinda devalues his character and ruins the moral dilemma of the original game.

I don't particularly care if the new girl has a cock or not though.

Whoops wrong thread.

Wrong thread, friendo. But good taste

Never played any of these. In what order should I play this series? Got a Pc for emulators, PS3, PS4 and WiiU

then better start with kiwami?
in which order should I play them?

Once I pressed "[Post a Reply]" button on the top instead of "[Start a New Thread]" because I had a page with a thread opened, not the catalog page

Read the thread, nigger.

If you have a PS2 handy or can emulate, start from the very beginning
If you can't do either of those things, or can't be bothered but have a PS3, you can start at either Yakuza 3 or 4. I think 4 is more newcomer-friendly personally, whereas 3 has many references to 2.
If you can't do that but have a PS4, then start at 0 and then Kiwami.

>Playing through games in chronological order
>Just beat Dead souls last week
>About to start Yakuza 5 right now
>3 Days off work

Feels good

Just a heads up, Kiwami is $20 on PSN right now, $16 if you got a 20% code from Sony.

I finished Dead Souls a while back
why was it's story easier for me to swallow than Y4's?

you're gonna need it. its the biggest yakuza game in the series

0 and kiwami arent also on ps3?

because you expect it to be retarded.

i mean which is more surprising to you; a turd in the toilet or a turd in the living room?

Only the PS4 versions were localized.

Only in Japan. You can consider these games PS4 exclusives

If you live in Japan yes

Ryuji having a mega buster and running a takoyaki stand was pretty surprising.

how would a trailer park boys yakuza game work?

Just keep going. All of them have their charms.

there arent translations even with a cfw on your ps3?

got a question for those who actually own, played, and finished Kiwami 2

is it worth it? im still gonna get it regardless of flaws like 6, but i gotta know the flaws of kiwami 2 first.

I've heard it has Makoto and Majima scenes.

Makoto's a qt and all but I don't get why they didn't just cover the stuff with Park in 0 to be honest.

What stuff?

not worth it if you're into the story
>23 of the 28 tracks from the yakuza 2 OST cut out
>entirety of shinseicho cut out and all events there relocated to sotenbori (all substories related to shinseicho cut out entirely)
>substory count down to 76 from the original (can't remember exactly how many the original was, but it was somewhere closer to 100)
>crazy ken band replaced with SiM (subjective but SiM's music makes every scene it's in trash in my opinion)
>dragon engine still runs like crap
>combat is still not as enjoyable due to ragdolls causing you to spend half your time rolling on the ground or waiting for other people to stop rolling on the ground so you can hit them again
>stab scene is a piece of shit now
>dynamic intro in the second ryuji fight is somehow less dynamic than the original game
>various scenes that used cutscene only locations relocated (Kiryu/Kaoru/Date cutscene on the dock relocated to serena rooftop)
there's more to this but it's escaping me right now

why do i need the story if i already played Y2?

only story im interested is majima's

it's alright I guess. majima doesn't get any upgrades, equipment or major abilities. His story is like three hours tops and makoto isn't in it all that much. it's not worth it if all you want is more majima and makoto

5 established that he was with this chick for a while, just felt weird that they didn't capitalize on that and instead invented up someone new. Maybe they couldn't get Romi Park back to voice her or something.

When you say the tracks were cut out, it’s worded like there are now only 5 tracks in the game, do you mean to say they replaced the soundtrack with a new one?

yeah, I suppose a better way to phrase that would have been 'only 5 of the 28 tracks on the Y2 OST return in kiwami 2, and the rest of all new tracks.
I don't think the new tracks are as good as the old ones either.

OP here, downloading Yakuza 2 right now. What am I in for?

Literally the same game just set in nova scotia

Let's have a moment of silence for the PC peasants who will NEVER experience a masterpiece like this. I, for one, am forever grateful that they won't fuck up one of our last games.

>b-b-b-but muh seyguh yurop article!

lmao

who would be the majima?

Lahey

Majima is a miracle of the universe

>start up ichiban's first full game
>this plays
youtube.com/watch?v=5w0E6y01OuQ
what do?

Koreans, tag team heats, good story, great moments, comfy city, coliseum, best rival and best waifu. Also kickass soundtrack

Ishin Kenzan when?

*and

NEVER EVER

>Sup Forums hates shitty automated movie games
>loves Yakuza

It's ok when Japan does it.

Reminder that she was best girl in Zero.

She loved OutRun.

i wish i could have gotten that ride

Get the fuck out of our Yakuza thread, underageb&.

make this a fucken heat move already.

there literally is a heat move like that

>best girl
>not ai
shit taste, ehehe.

Yeah Saejima, right? I just want that extra move at the end where he turns her around and just gives one last hump. Saejima would totally do that.

holy shit is that chimp on bath salts

he's fighting for his yume, user. What about you?

you can clearly see the monkey genes just take over at the start of the video when he gets that crazed look on his face like a chimp in heat just looking for a monkette to snatch and rape

>chimping out while wearing a king tut shirt

Why would women go to these things?
It's just begging for a brain injury.

so long gay bowser

Kiwami
Kiwami 2
Dead Souls
Ishin
Kenzan

why is it that whenever leftists feel threatened, they just post a pic of an ugly supporter.

is that their only way of rhetoric?

>leftists
lol

>women
Women don't go to those things. She's a monkette just following her instincts to go get raped by her animalistic males of her own race, so they can procreate and make more wild savages

Can anyone explain why I would go through the same ordeal ocer and over again playing each installement?
The overworld is uninteractive, the minigames are flashgame tier I can get anywhere and worst of all the combat is so bad it's nothing you want to show someone because it doesn't look yet feel cool no matter how many wnemies you're handling. You quite simply can't style on them. And then there's the soap opera story that jumps the shark so often you might mistake them for avian creatures I REALLY HONESTLY SINCERESTLY FRANKLY DON'T FUCKING GET IT EXCEPT FOR THE GRINDY TIME SINK ASPECT

No one plays these games for the story, it's a japan life simulator. Gameplay is subjective, it's the main appeal for me. I love beating on chumps, combat always feels hard hitting.

chiviefag here

How hard is mahjong in 0 if i don't have a single fucking idea on how to play it?

There's a very brief tutorial in there and you can check the rules at any time IIRC.

Depends on how much you care about it. It's never necessary at any point in the game, but if you want 100% completion you have to do it.
It will take a bit of time to understand, but once you have a basic grasp you should be able to win some games. I did Mahjong at the end when I had loads of cash. Started off at beginner, was pretty slow but helped me get better and then just played for higher stakes and cashed out when I could.

Mahjong's not the only Jap game in Yakuza 0 if you want full completion, but the others aren't anywhere near as much trouble. It's doable if you're up for it basically, this is coming from someone who also had no idea how to play mahjon at all. Look for 4 sets and a pair, never kan and press square often in case you have a riichi available

How does one become a yakuza?

Be Japanese, but also secretly Korean.

Depends on how much grinding time you put in. But the game does a very poor job of explaining it to you. The most difficult thing for me was learning the Chinese numbers.

1) Don't steal tiles unless they're winds/dragons.

2) Press square when you're one away from winning and you'll get the chance to call riichi, thankfully the game will tell you how many tiles are left of the ones you need to win so you'll get the best odds.

3) Play at the highest stakes table until you've won enough money, then play at the lowest stakes to finish off the rest of the completion requirements.

Otherwise just relax, don't worry about the different hands, don't worry about dora, you'll get high hands naturally with a bit of luck if you don't steal and call riichi as early as you can.

Show of your cool body tattoo of a carp sucking off an oni's dick.

where the fuck do you think you are?

I wonder if it's true that only the Yakuza are allowed to star on JAVs, if so then I too want to sign in.

I wonder if the Yakuza made those BAKKY videos too.

probably 0 then

is it true that the yakuza games stopped having openings?

BOOM BOOM BOOM
DANCING THROUGH THE SKIES

no time, need to add more majima to pander to fags.

>tfw no dog in the fight and think nu-kek posters and frogboys are retarded
just as pathetic as when Sup Forums went irl

but 6 had literally only 2 scenes with majima and they started ditching openings starting 6