What is exactly fun about these games? Ive bought X...

What is exactly fun about these games? Ive bought X , I've bought moon and haven't played more than half an hour because i'm not fucking brain dead.

Exploring, going to new towns, talking to people, catching new monsters, discovering new things, and the music

If you aren't exposed to healthy social interactions and a variety of new situations as a child then pokemon is appealing because it presents you with a narrative that's all about travel and discovery without actually having to exert yourself.

No adult who enjoys this series contributes much to society.

>Exploring
wow a square grass field! wow another grass field!
>going to new towns

a pokemon center and two identical houses

>talking to people

"did you know you can throw a pokeball to catch pokemon, Heres some pointless bullshit item that you don't need"

>catching new monsters

repetitive shit

>discovering new things

wow some obscure pokeball

>and the music

Fine

Humans play it for fun and to collect cute animals to battle with.

Soul-less losers play it because big numbers give them erections

Starting with some of the worst games in the series doesn't help. Play The games from Gen 4 or 5 if you want to have fun.

Literally everything you said, except regarding the music, is wrong

>buy game fullprice
>don't play it more than one hour because it' trash
>can't refund because Nintendo
>buy sequel to be sure it's shit
You don't deserve money nor oxygen

Im a pokemon fan and have been since the first game came out and ill tell you..
Its the idea thats so fun, not the mainline games anymore. Anyone who has played pokemon after the 3rd gen is having fun in their heads

>not brain dead
You mean you're ADHD? Just say it, user, it's okay.

>started playing just when the franchise turned to shit
There you have it. BW2 were the last good games.

Collecting, exploring, making it your own adventure, a little strategy aspect, interact with others players.

Disregard new gens; they don't even know what their series is about.

Competitive battles and the mind games that they entail.

>X, Moon
you started at the two worst generations, congrats
your only hope of having fun is to just nuzlocke them and pretend they don't exist once you're done

>artificial fun

I'm waiting for Dio Vento to release his Ultra Sun mod and then I'll play it. Should be fun.

They're the most fully featured monster catching, raising, battling games that exist, and somehow manage to be the most complex even if virtually nothing in-game bothers to capitalize on that to provide a challenge.

Don't know why you'd expect an RPG of any sort to win you over in 30 minutes.

>Pokémon is so bad
>I've played 30 minutes of X and Moon
Wow, what an absolutely embarrassing post. You make me want to puke.

>literally nu fun

At this point, the games are so cookie cutter that the only way to really enjoy them is to have played the games as a child. I fucking love the series, and I've been a Pokemon shill for as long as I can remember, but if you didn't grow up playing it, it likely won't click if it hasn't already

>environments are made in service of gameplay
>towns aren't to scale
>people mostly just give you hints and consumable items
>there's a gameplay loop
>rare items are often more scarce versions of other items
sounds like video games to me dude

this pretty much
At this point given OP feedback I don't think there'd be any reason he'd enjoy the series though

>after the third gen
You just outed yourself as a nostalgia fag. Sinnoh and Unova are OBJECTIVELY the best. You can not argue with this.

Who plays pokemon expecting the story to be worth a damn? You already know exactly what it involves.
The multiplayer battles are the only reason to play.

Collecting things, raising their skill levels, and simple turn-based RPG combat.

>simple
I mean, in the sense of having a fairly limited number of options once a battle starts, sure
But that's like calling chess 'simple' because there's only so many pieces to move

Getting your favorite mons and battling with friends/online

I know this is hard to accept for some people here but some games are more fun when you play them with people

It's more rock-paper-scissors than it is chess.

Bait or just genuinely retarded? gen 4 was slow as all fuck and gen 5 sucked ass aside from the music

You're not arguing either, you just said the game is the best because its the best.

>ive been a fan since the first game came out

>youve outed yourself a someone who likes old games

Uuhh..

Sucking gen 5's dick has been the thing to do on /vp/ for years. Apparently a mediocre region, mixed bag of new designs, awful story, and disgusting sprite animation and scaling are all forgiven if you recycle a bunch of old gym leader and elite four sprites and teams into a tournament and make your enhanced version only half rehash rather than 90%.

>Bought a game
>Hated it
>Bought the next game in the series
>Not brain dead

I like the discovery and collection of new mons
I try to avoid information as much as possible before a new generation, I like to go in blind and stumble upon shit and occasionally think
hey..thats pretty neat

I feel like the older pokemon games were a lot better in this regard. The newer pokemon games were horrible in terms of pacing and "learning you the ropes", also they casualized the fuck out of newer games to make it easier for kids to get into.

I never played gen 4 and 5 but gen 6+ in comparison to gens 1 - 3 are babby mode in terms of handholdiness and difficulty.

I only enjoy these games if I can focus on using a few Pokemon I like. Fuck catching them all.

USUM is considerably more hard than the rest of the 3DS titles.

when you're young you don't realize you're just playing a simple rpg because of the wide variety of cool animals