What is the real life equivalent of losing 1% hp in a video game...

What is the real life equivalent of losing 1% hp in a video game? I imagine it'd be a really deep gash or cut since people go to the doctor for lesser things than that

Probably a bruise. you can't survive too many deep cuts/gashes.

Stumping your toenail.

since stubbing a toe has been scientifically proven to be the equivalent of losing 17 hp IRL, I'd say one HP is a cut you only notice after seeing it or bumping your funnybone

Bumping a funnybone has the capability to incapacitate a person for at least ten seconds, it's more like a status effect.

Having a birthday.

I'd say a small cut, barely enough to bleed

fugggg

1hp would be a paper cut at best. Then again surviving a 100 paper cuts sounds easy.

/thread

Having to copy reddit posts onto Sup Forums

I don't follow

>What is the real life equivalent of losing 1% hp in a video game?
Nothing, because the whole concept of HP involves making a game easier (so you don't instantly die from a fatal wound) and making combat last long enough to be satisfying (same). If you could just run around and stab everything for an instant kill, then combat wouldn't be as satisfying to fight and overcome as in something like Ninja Gaiden. So HP doesn't have any sort of real-world equivalent, because it's intended to represent an unrealistic safety net for the player, and a timer to prevent an easy and unsatisfying win. Neither, obviously, apply to the real world.

Would you die from 100 deep cuts?

It's 1% of your entire physical health.
This guy knows what's up. Consuming the junkfood item applies a status effect, reducing max HP by a few decimal points of a percentage point, which stacks the more of it you consume.

>(so you don't instantly die from a fatal wound)
So why do headshots skill kill in FPS games? Check mate atheists.

>acckkshhhtually

That would not be an example of 1% HP damage, then.

HP is an outdated method of calculating damage, prove me wrong. It was only appropriate in the days of limited bytes where such things had to be represented by simple numbers. A way more accurate system would monitor the status of a body's various ailments (i.e. burns would be tracked independently, of laceration, although the two could interact) and inhibit the usage of those various systems until the body could no longer function and was killed.

It should be a deep gash or a bite if it's according to L4D HP systems. You have 100% "health" then you get incapacitated for another 300%. Adding to that, a normal zombie attack in L4D is about 2 points in realism mode.

name 5 games that do this

Look guys, autism in action