Tfw remember playing this as a kid and the absolute feels when I finally got accepted as a shadow and then one of...

>tfw remember playing this as a kid and the absolute feels when I finally got accepted as a shadow and then one of gomez's guards

which was your first faction ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gothic#Essential_improvements
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure everyone was a RED DUDE on their first playthrough.
Still mad you can't be a guru though

Brap

>not joining the AnCap faction
Have fun being betrayed by Gomez

DUDE

that is because Diego was the only nice guy you have met during the first act. Everybody else was asshole to you.

Game aged like fucking shit and can barely run on most modern computers. Once you go through the hassle of getting it to run you then have to deal with the shit tier control scheme on the keyboard.

or you can just get it on steam and play it without any problems
>controls are shit
ablaubalbulabbalu

I went with the DUDE WEED LMAO templars, because of their armor design and sleep magic.

>melee build
>you have to fight this guy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

That's what I got it on lad. The controls were absolutely horrid. It doesn't even tell you what the controls are at first and then when you look in options to see, you try to execute them in game and they don't seem to work half the time, or their functionality is illusive.

what doesnt work exactly?

>being this retarded
fucking christ

I went with templars and that was a mistake.
I remember really regretting not joining up with lee's boys because they all ended up being huge bros towards the end.

Then I joined Lee in the second game and honestly he was a bit of an asshole.

controls are perfect.

hold down mouse 1. press direction keys for action. you do this for combat. looting. lockpicking,etc

>left click
>not using crtl

So why doesn't it explain this? Furthermore, why does it show multiple different controls in the options menu?

The controls? Especially in one, it seems like half the time I'm completely unable to pick up any items on the ground. It's still a giant hassle in 2 as well. There's also the finnicky movement system that makes your next action incredibly hard to tell.

I dunno why it doesn't explain it. you can use a solid WASD scheme tho. and I still use classic controls for Gothic 2 because they were good

I went with the Old Camp then became a mage.

I wanted to join the Swamp Camp first, but I didn't know about Melvin and Dusty or that special reefer you get in the New Camp for Baal Tyon.
Then as a mage, due to poor leveling, I never got past the fourth circle, so I didn't even get the best spells and in the endgame I was using Uriziel while untrained in two-handers.
I remember in the sleeper temple, there was a gate I couldn't open where you meet the first templar, so I glitched myself past it by transforming into a meatbug. I was 10 back then, good times.

RTFM you underage fucking retard, it explains everything.

>tfw paying with cheats as a kid because couldn't progress
>spawn sleeper out of curiosity
>my fucking face when

I like Gothic 1, and even I have to admit that the controls are garbage. The main character doesn't do what you want him to do when you've clearly pressed the right button. Blocking is a pain in the ass in this game -- the combat is flat out bad.

Became a shadow, then a guard, then I found the skill that let me jump around like spiderman and had the time of my life.

none of that is true though your memory is just fuzzy. any part of the combat that is bad is how easy it is for enemies to interrupt you. and if you feel like the character isn't doing what you want try not spamming buttons the combat is supposed to be combo like

Is this game running in 10fps a game feature?

not really so use the systempack

>the systempack
Where does one find such a thing?

>reeee I have to look in the options to see what the controls do

The absolute fucking state of gamers today.

>please spoonfeed me Sup Forums

Fuck off retard

But Gomez is the AnCap faction. Its just all his property.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Gothic#Essential_improvements

install them in order. IIRC when I played Gothic 1 the widescreen was still set to -vert from some reason so you'll have to enable the formula for +hor in one of the .inis

I know it seems like a lot of work but it takes like 10 minutes

>where's my tutorial level?

How the fuck do you people even breathe

They buy self help books for that.

and ya it's an .ini created by the systempack. it's where the .exe files are I think

all the factions are shit, but that's the beauty of it.

>bunch of convicts and their mage bitches playing man in charge
>bunch of crazy mages and their convict bitches trying to blow up the barrier
>bunch of crazy swamp weed smoking cultists

yup. this game excelled at making you feel dropped into a hostile zone. chapter 1 is just you getting your bearings and trying not to get killed. it's soooo good and how an RPG should be made