You lied to me Sup Forums, you said FF8 was shit but I' playing it now and it's fucking awesome

You lied to me Sup Forums, you said FF8 was shit but I' playing it now and it's fucking awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CqtGBR80NWw
youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU
youtube.com/watch?v=sr4eB0WOwN0
youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs
youtube.com/watch?v=IhxlwQFiGyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The story falls apart

The first disc is awesome. The rest goes off the rails harder than the Saint Michel-de-Maurienne disaster.

its fine and a good rpg dat late game and ending though, jesus

the game is badong

>RPG
>enemies scale with you

isn't it better that way in ff8s case, less time spent grinding and more time focusing on the story LOL

2nd half is pure kino time to leave Soyboy brainlets.

Also posting best final FF dungeon and song.

youtube.com/watch?v=CqtGBR80NWw

>kino
>soyboy
>brainlet

Wanna know how I know you're underage?

Who maining the Chad Squall here?
I'll mostly be going after any virgin Cloud players.

It's not neccessarily a stupid thing.
But add to the mix that level is actually an absolutely minor factor in determining your combat strength compared to available gear/spells/gf/etc. and you get athe broken shitshow that is FF8.

Good taste OP. VIII is the best game in the series.

>The virgin theme
youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU

>The Chad arrangement
youtube.com/watch?v=sr4eB0WOwN0

>RPG
>best way to play is to not get a single point of experience

PS1 emulator or Steam version? I what to try the game again, but I dunno where to start.

>want*
Jesus, edit post when?

Your standards are very low.

>the prison

>it's better to just play the game by running away from enemies and/or turning them into cards then it is to fight things

they dont even scale with the average group level. they scale with squall's level. dont use him and they never get stronger.

Squall should have SeeDed Quitis! Not that used slut! REEEEEEEE~!!!!

I would spoil the game for you just to be a faggot but there is literally nothing to spoil since the story is shit that goes no where.

>Being a dirty casual fag who doesn't want to fight tougher enemies

>post yfw Laguna battle theme starts
youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs

>tfw no gf

Unless you're autistic, the enemy scaling isn't even a real issue. If you kill a monster, whatever. Big deal. It's just not a braindead game where
>tonka smash monster
>tonka grow stronger
You've gotta increase your power through other means, and that makes it one of the most interesting FFs, which are generally really meh in terms of gameplay as far as RPGs go.

Squall already has a beloved.

LENT

First disk is amazing because it's just SEED operations with hints of typical nonsensical JRPG plot here and there. I wanted more of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhxlwQFiGyA

>tfw created the first tfw no gf edit

But I do? I dont want to fight a fucking level 1 enemy who scaled to my level at level 100.

>no Laguna game where he's the MC
>instead we have to put up with his son

anytime i meet someone who likes ff8, without fail they turn out to be a shitty person. sorry op

>not wanting tougher enemies whenever you go back to previous areas

lol what a faggot

Most enemies have level caps (or at least stat caps). Early game enemies have lower ones.

Triple Triad is the greatest game of all time.

basically if you like any ff game all the others are instant garbage

don't trust anyones opinion on any ff game, play them for yourself

Any real HD version of this shit? Like PC version, or PS4 etc?

We didn't lie, you just have shit taste.

You didn't lie, you just have shit taste.

>Squall and Rinoa have a huge bond
>End up fucking one another
>Squall is the son of Laguna and Raine
>Rinoa is the daughter of Laguna and Julia
>Julia fucked Laguna that night at the hotel
>Laguna never returned and Julia was forced to have a relationship with Caraway
>Rinoa was raised believing Caraway was her father when it was in fact Laguna
>Rinoa and Squall have an incestual relationship without even knowing

Rinoa would have to be several years older than Squall for that to be the case

A woman has never lied about her age before?

Ifcourse its awesome.
People that say its shit played FF7 as their first FF and refuse to believe anything else is good because OMG CINEMATIC STORY. But you look at 8, it had better systems, better world, better visuals, better characters, everything was just plain better.

When you stop posting from your phone faggot.

Fuck off you cunt. I played FF7 as my first FF, and I still believe FF8 is better in a LOT of places. FF7 is still up there as a masterpiece though.

She never said her age, the writer did, so its canon, stop being a retard.

>FF7 is still up there as a masterpiece though.
No its not. Typical FF7 brainlet.

the writer lied
squall died
the truth is out there

Well i did say stop being a retard, but clearly its an achievable goal for you. Retardation must run in the family.

every time i think Sup Forums has shit taste you guys go ahead and confirm it again and again.

ff8 is unironically good. its just sad because Sup Forums hive brainlets have seen countless shitposts about it being bad and believe them without ever playing it for themselves.

No, it's because 90% of Sup Forums's first FF game was FF9, and only went back to FF7 after they heard about it's huge success.

People have thought FF8 was bad long before Sup Forums existed, retard.

>taking final fantasy story seriously
>not just wallowing in retarded JRPG goodness

Where the fuck is Laguna

And whats wrong?
Game was made in Japan...

Not like they'd made disfigured offspring with a tail, like Zidane or something...

Alright, I just want to bring up how fucking baller Laguna is. In a world where melee weapons seem to be more effective against monsters, this nigga uses a standard machine gun, grappling hook, and basic grenades to take out Ruby Dragons.

How the Fuck!?

If ff8 were given the remake treatment, what would you like for square-enix to fix gamewise? Also, who would you want to produce it?

Nothing really. Just up the graphics and I'd be fine.

Rework the junction system to be less impactful, or outright remove it and go with an equipment system.
Make card refining an end game thing, rather than something you can break the game with at any point.
Halve the amount of spells you can stock.
Rework and expand the story to explain more of the points that are casually glossed over to the audience.
Give the translation another pass.
Quistis route.

In reality they'd just make it another awful action RPG.
It's a really good fit for one.

I don't know if I've ever really liked Final Fantasy. I think I used to when I was a kid. My favorites were IV and IX. But now, I'm not really sure why I liked them at all. When I try to remember what it was that I enjoyed about them, I more or less drew a blank. Even now, it all just appeals to me less and less.

I first noticed this when I saw the FFVII remake announcement. At first I was excited. But then I started thinking about everything I liked about FFVII, but I couldn't really think of anything. I don't think I especially like the story, and the characters don't particularly appeal to me. The battle system is standard ATB JRPG, so nothing about it stands out to me.

>Halve the amount of spells you can stock.
That doesn't actually express what I was getting at.
The draw system is shit inherently.
It's time consuming and boring.
Lower the amount of time spent drawing, while lowering the massive power spike for junctioning spells.

>get to this part
>start limping over to the bitch
>suddenly, inspiration
>open the menu
>rub the Magic Lamp
>fight Diablos as Laguna

I did it, Ellone. I changed history.

I miss Final Fantasy 9. Final Fantasy 8 wasn't that good but wasn't that bad. It was just a level below all the other ones.

Do they scale it up on ps4 like w/ffvii?

The story was pretty good in VII. It started off strong with Shinra vs Avalanche and it ends up going through a lot of crazy twists and turns that keep it interesting.

Kek, I did that on a playthrough too

The game needed recruitable Fujin and Rajin.

They were planned along with Seifer, but were cut content.

I blame ff8 for making me autistic. I thought squall being the silent loner was really cool and started to act like him in elementary school. I was actually pretty popular before I committed to a life of Squall

Did FF8 have the best music of the PS1 FFs?

Put them on the List.

Disk 1 and 2 are the best thing Final Fantasy ever did. The minute you put in Disk 3, everything falls apart.

Enemy scaling actually makes games easier. See Chrono Cross or Suikoden. And of course in FFVIII, you can cheese the game to be 9 levels behind you. Not that you should, since FFVIII is super easy even if your characters are level 100.

I legitimately don't understand why people complain about level scaling. Unless their only tactic in RPGs is grinding. And if that's the case, it's still their fault.

FFVII had the best themes. FFVIII had the best OST overall.

they're all good

>enemies scaling along with your level, making leveling up meaningless and harder bossfights punished level grinders
>if you weren't Stealing from every dipshit enemy JUST IN CASE THEY HAD STEAL-ONLY DROPS you'd miss some of the components to upgrade your weapons

If you just don't grind and simply play the game normally, it never gets as hard as you guys keep saying it does. By normally I do just mean fighting enemies you encounter as opposed to running away all the time too.

It will fuck you over if you attempt to min-max shit though, yeah.

>levelling Squall to 100 and building Lionheart before entering Deling City on Disk 1

What a goddamn waste of time that was

Junction removes the point of levelling. They tried something new and it didn't work, let it go.

>Rinoa is the daughter of Laguna and Julia
No, Rinoa's the daughter of that general guy and Julia. Laguna never gets to bone Julia. That's part of the whole basis of Squall and Rinoa's shitty romance, that their parents weren't destined to to be together so they'll bone in their place or whatever the fuck.

>Lower the amount of time spent drawing
They give you a method that circumvents the need to ever draw in battle at all though. Granted it's not there from the beginning I suppose.

Also there are out-of-battle drawpoints here and there too.

git gud, faggot

>spend my whole weekend to farm Elnoyle in triple triad when I was 12
Oh the simpler times.

Actually playing it for the 3rd time. Not because I really love the game but because I stopped playing it 3 times half way in. The game really falls apart around disk 2 with all the awful twist happening. Gameplay wise there's no balancing. Since with about 2 hours of card battling you are pretty much as strong as you will be at the end of the game. And the card game isn't that interesting with how boring it is. But if you want to play it to any major degree past the first town you will start to get annoying at the idea of going around the world just to keep certain rules to stay and not degrade. Who thought the Direct trading rule was a good idea?

>wah i grinded and the game was too hard
it's final fantasy how is this shit difficult in the slightest

>enemies scale with you
so it's always as hard as it should be

getting through the first disc jail whatever was my end point, it made you switch discs, and i didn't

>he keeps levels low because he thinks FFVIII is hard
This is really sad.

Giving you a way to circumvent a bad mechanic doesn't address that it's still a bad mechanic.

b-but if you don't compensate then the game doesn't explain the in-between

Low level run (lvl 7 to 10) makes the game completely easy after exploiting junction and card refining

FF8 was my first Final Fantasy. It might not have been a great game but it was MY game god damn it

It's a 'mature' game and most faggots here like bright colorful baby games like Zelda and Toomba

I won this game as a noob without a guide at all, didn't even have internet back then, it was pretty hard, especially when I trained everyone up to level 99 before the final battle kek