Okami HD

Thread was randomly deleted (guess mods are drunk or Sup Forums is just full trash at this point). So again:

Okami thread.

Question: Is there a way to get (internal) 4k with a 1080p monitor? In-game options don't allow it. Can you somehow do it in the config or is there a mod?

Are there actually any decent mods already?

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love
forums.guru3d.com/threads/downsampling-with-amd-crimson-demonstration.404125/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know Nvidia's "Geforce experience" (or whatever the fuck they call it) allows you to set custom resolutions, so you can downscale from 4k, if that's what you mean.

>Is there a way to get (internal) 4k with a 1080p monitor
if the game supports downsampling, yes

AMD pleb here. Guess AMD drivers don't have something like this.

Highest i can choose in-game is 1080p.

I don't even understand why. Every emulators allows you to pick up to 8k or higher.

I'm a resolution pleb, but what does upscaling actually do?
Mgsv let me do it, but I couldn't really tell much difference. Wouldn't the textures stay the same? Or is it like another way to anti alias?

internal resolution is something which emulators can do easly
target resolution on games is a different story
Okami on PS3 was 4K downsampled to 1080p
capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love

Upscaling is putting a lower resolution image onto a higher resolution monitor. Running a fullscreen game in 1280x720 on a 1920x1080 resolution monitor means you're upscaling the game. This often looks ugly and blurry.
Downscaling's the opposite, where you run the game in a higher resolution and fit it into a smaller resolution by sizing it down. This can make the game look a lot clearer, and removes the need for anti-aliasing in most cases.

It's called downsampling, not "internal 4K".
Nvidia has it in their Nvidia Control Panel where you need to enable an option called "DSR" and enable the multipliers you want to use.
4x multiplier will enable you to use 4x higher resolutions than your current one, so if your current resolution is 1080p, 4x of that will be 4K.

Upscaling is completely different you pleblord, upscaling is taking a low-resolution image and stretching it to higher resolution, basically to have full screen image. Like when you play a DVD video (480p) on a 1080p screen, when you go full screen, it's stretched to fill the space instead of being a small square in the middle of the screen, that's what upscaling is essentially.

Downsampling lets you render in higher resolution, and then scale that image down.
A higher resolution image will always have more detail and less aliasing to it, it will basically appear a lot "sharper" in a natural way, unlike crappy sharpening filters. Even when you scale that image down, it will retain some of its detail and still appear sharper and have much less aliasing.
That's the gist of it.

>what does upscaling
make a 300x300 image on paint, save it. Then open the image again and change to 600x600
that's upscalling. Decent software can make that 600x600 image look as almost if the original image was 600x600
It's a method to increase resolution without adding too much artifacts (or adding blur to smooth image)

They should, I use the AMD super resolution settings to run at 3200x1800 on a 2560x1440 monitor. Check your settings

AMD does have it, it's in your AMD Driver Panel and it's called "VSR" (just changed one letter from Nvidia's "DSR").
Works exactly the same as DSR does so see for how to use DSR.

>AMD Driver Panel
Isn't this what the old drivers had? They have this now.

Wew lad. I didn't know AMD has something so cancerous since I don't buy AMD.

One of those tabs will have a toggle for Virtual Super Resolution. Find and toggle it. I believe it may be under Display.

Toggled it. But how do I get 4k now?

You should be able to pick higher resolutions ingame now I think.

Yeah but it's still getting rendered down to 1080, so how does resizing it back down to original size make it better than just rendering it native?

Sadly no. Still the highest.

>Borderless Window
That's your problem. Downsampling is exclusive to "Exclusive Fullscreen" mode, you can't downsample windowed because the window would be 4 times bigger than your screen, retard.

Is there a controller fix for piratebros yet?

The menu there that says "Custom Resolutions" probably maybe possibly has something to do with custom resolutions. There's a chance that you might be able to make the game run in a higher resolution by creating one of these custom resolutions. This is just a theory, though.

The source image is much higher quality, how hard is it to understand? It has more detail and less jaggies, so when you scale it down, it preserves those aspects.

>Okami on PS3 was 4K downsampled to 1080p
yeah they found out that was a lie once ps3 emulation became a thing

>yeah they found out that was a lie once ps3 emulation became a thing
The PS3 emulator is still broken and not emulating anything properly at all user, you're an idiot. The emulator also overrides the resolutions used by games with its own so your point is further moot.
tl;dr you're an idiot, get cancer and die

I don't have "Exclusive Fullscreen". only Fullscreen, 1080p is highest. However, now that I have toggled it, I can do go higher than 1080p in my general display options.

I'm not sure if that's the right thing, though. I just want the game at 4k, not everything.

What numbers should I change? Only Horizontal/Vertcal Resolution (px)?

Exclusive Fullscreen is what Fullscreen is.
Seeing as your desktop can now go higher, I suggest going into the game AFTER restarting it in Fullscreen mode you dumb dunce.
Also 3200x1800 is not 4K, that's 3K.

I'd say so, yeah. After that I'm guessing you can assign Okami HD to use that specific resolution so you don't have to set your whole OS to a higher one.

Gonna try this. What resolution should I pick, though? There are different 4k resolutions.

Tried 3840 × 2160 now, but then it gives me this.

How weird.

About to give up now.

MY CONTROLLER DOESNT WORK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hmm, I don't have an AMD graphics card so I can't test myself. Maybe this can help?
forums.guru3d.com/threads/downsampling-with-amd-crimson-demonstration.404125/

I had no idea AMD is still this shit.

A.) use kaladien's mod
B.) set your desktop resolution to 4k(game caps at 4k without above mod
C.) open the config.ini and enable RenderScale=20000 which doubles whatever resolution you have the game set as

C is easiest and stacks on other options, B second easiest, A is not very easy desu.

>literally sperging
You were wrong and Hexadrive lied to you, sorry bud.

>I just want the game at 4k, not everything.
seeThose guys were trying to help but VSR and DSR don't work with this game. Kinda shoddy release.

Isn't GeDoSaTo still a thug?

this game is dx11

Ah. That'll do it

Is there a chance of this game going on sale for ps4? Was it already on sale? Or should i use the 10 dollaroos that based Sony gave on something else?