Apparently, in the early 2000s Ubisoft had pitched to Nintendo a remake/remake of Wind Waker for GBA...

Apparently, in the early 2000s Ubisoft had pitched to Nintendo a remake/remake of Wind Waker for GBA. They had a working prototype, but Nintendo turned down the project. A year later they then allowed Capcom to solely work on and create Minish Cap. Are they scummy for this? Also, is Wind Waker for GBA the Zelda game we never knew we wanted? Pic related is from the prototype Ubisoft made.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXJjyLcwN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck, meant in op for it to say Remake/Demake. Think of games that are featured on both consoles and handhelds.

No, anything from Ubisoft would've been fucking terrible. I liked Minish Cap, a Windwaker remake would've just been stale and underwhelming.

Minish Cap is the best 2D Zelda so they chose right.

Why would letting them a new game over some shitty demake be scummy?

>Pic related is from the prototype Ubisoft made
No, there never was a prototype, just that concept image you posted

>ubisoft
>zelda

no and minish cap was one of trhe best zelda games so no im not mad about capcom being allowed to make it

sorry you couldnt beat the first temple but thats NOT the games fault you fucking utter piece of fucking human scum

Not the first or last time. Hell, the PlayStation was created when they did the same Sony and Phillips.

>is making a new, original game instead of a downgraded port scummy?

>I don't want you to work on thing
>SCUM!
I don't get it.

Minish Cap was a unique concept and ended up being a good game.

This is a non-unique concept - a recreation of an existing and, at the time, current game which could only hope, at its absolute best, to be slightly worse than the original.

>No you worthless faggots, you can not use the Zelda IP. How dare you want to make a new version of the same Zelda game!!!! We'd never do that!!!
>Lol yeah Capcom? You want to make a game that rips off of every single mechanic from 4 swords and has a talking hat? Go ahead, sure it won't be fucking retarded and the worst entry in the series.

>Hear knock on door
>Hello sir, I want to replace your roof
>No, I don't want you to do that
>SCUM

So what you're saying is that this whole thread boils down to you not liking Minish Cap. I'm not sure why you have Ubisoft dick up your ass though. Especially when it's regarding a game praised primarily for its artstyle being remade on the gba. That sounds like a bad idea regardless of being put in the hands of incompetence.

>WAAAHHHHH i couldnt beat the first boss this game sucks bugged shrinking mechanics i deserved to win WAAAAHahahahahahahahaha

pic is you isnt it?

Don't blame Nintendo for not trusting a shitty western dev with one of their key franchises. Especially one like Ubisoft.

idk why you guys are bashing old Ubisoft, they weren't bad at all back then.

I don't dislike Minish Cap. Being the worst game in the Zelda series is like finishing last in the Olympics. Sure it's a shame it didn't place higher, but it still made the fucking olympics. If that makes any sense. I just don't know why the fuck they'd turn it down at the time when they basically did do Wind Waker portable in Phantom Hourglass. Imo the GBA was the best handheld system that there's ever been, so I am a bit salty there wasn't a better/different Zelda game for the console besides Minish Cap and LttP/4S.

phantom hourglass is the worse game in the franchise you knobhead
>letsa visit this same dungeon and do the same thing but longer 4 fucking times

You are a fucking idiot

>the minish cap is bad meme

how can someone have that such cuantity of bad taste?

>idk why you guys are bashing old Ubisoft, they weren't bad at all back then.
Holy shit this. Wtf, where did all this "OP hated your favorite game" shit just spited from? I love MC, but a 2D version of my all time favorite Zelda wouldn't have been bad if it was, well, not bad. And anyone that shits on Ubisoft before they started making AssCreed needs to shoot themselves. Early Ubi made quality games, Rayman being one of them.

Phantom Hourglass is actually pretty good though. It introduced one of the best characters the series has ever seen, the games dungeons had actually good touch screen mechanics, it has one of the best overworlds to explore in the top down games, and the game takes like 15 hours minimum to beat. Minish Cap can be beat in 1/3 of that time.

Thanks to mario+rabbits, ubisoft now has nintendo full trust.

Capcom had previous work with the Oracle games and ported Link to the Past to GBA

Zelda really didn't start doing remakes until like Ocarina of Time 3D. Before that there was really just LA DX and maybe Master Quest if you consider that. And considering the game just came out and the GBA version would clearly be inferior why would they do it?

Capcom already had a history of making handheld Zelda games. Maybe Nintendo thought it would be scummy not to give them the first opportunity to make one for the GBA.

Capcom made the best two Zelda games. Much safer bet than UniSoft would have been

Forgot to add pic related to my post

Minish Cap is unironically one of the best Zelda games, so not really a loss if it's choosing between that and a remake of another game.

Fuck man, why does every 3D game besides Skyward Sword have a remake? Why haven't they remade Links Awakening or the Oracle games yet?

why are you buttblasted over no demake of a zelda game that is already generally considered shit in retrospect when compared with the rest of the series? wind waker is awful

It was Flagship, a subsidiary of Capcom. They also worked on most of the early resident evil games and a couple Kirby games at Nintendo.

They went defunct in 2007 and Nintendo hired them all to work on the Zelda team

Linebeck was good, but drawing on the map and boomerang paths we're good but don't nearly make up for the asinine decision to *force* you walk and swing the sword using the stylus, especially when absolutely nothing would prevent them from simply making the controls optional.

Also, the "press the symbols together" or whatever puzzle was bullshit (as are any 4th-wall puzzles)

The Oracle games don't need a remake honestly, and it would only make them worse. I guess something in the style of ALbW would probably work, but would also just not be much of an improvement over the understandable graphics and simple gameplay

Knowing what I do about ubisoft, it would've ended up playing like shovelware.
Minish Cap wad fun, and Capcom had a higher reputation as game developers at the time.

Japanese publishers rarely trust westerners with their IPs. With good reason.

Since the 3DS is practically dead now, do you think that there will be a top down Zelda coming to Switch? It's been confirmed that there's 2 different Zeldas in development currently, 1 is most likely a remake since Grezzo are the devs for one of them.
Yeah some of the puzzles were a bit lackluster, but in all fairness I think almost every Zelda has those. Phantom Hourglass has some pretty underrated music as well. See m.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXJjyLcwN8

They should let Grezzo make their own spinoff Zelda title, they've proven themselves capable with two remakes and an original title.