MINECRAFT VIRGIN

I've never ever played minecraft and I don't know much about. What's the best way to experience it for someone who just wants to play it a couple of hours to get a feel for it. I'm not interested in any sort of multiplayer or graphic enhancements or whatever the fuck else is out there, I just want to get a basic understanding of what it's all about so I can have an opinion on it and if I happen to love it I'll explore it further.

What's the best way to approach this, apparently there's a bunch of different modes? I just want to get the sense of the core experience.

Oh and I'm obviously not spending a dime on it, I've pirated the 1.12.2 version.

well op the best way to start is...
>Oh and I'm obviously not spending a dime on it, I've pirated the 1.12.2 version.
fuck off then

Playing it would be a good start.

are you seriously defending giving money to microsoft?

worst thread of the year

I would advise you to play older versions of the game. If i recall correctly 1.5 was one of the last updates before they began shoehorning rpg elements into the game. And lets not even talk about the new combat "mechanics".

So I just decided to launch the game and it says "this application requires a java runtime environment 1.7" Do I absolutely need this? I don't want to be connected to servers or anything, I just want to play with blocks for an hour or two.

IT'S WRITTEN IN FUCKING JAVA YES YOU NEED THIS FUCKING HELL

Turn off your PC and never come back

ooooooooh there are such cute pigs in minecraft

expect snuggly penis monsters

Find redstone and understand it

Okay so I don't quite understand the crafting system. I have dirt, sand, gravel, oak wood, birch wood and seeds. How do I make a pickaxe?

make sticks from wood, make pickaxe from sticks and wood

there's a book icon that gives you the recipe of the things you can craft with your current items (bullshit imo)

have you considered google

jesus christ, how horrifying

>painterly pack is dead 5ever
best texture pack there was

You 'draw' the item you want to craft in the crafting grid. A wooden pickaxe is three wooden planks horizontal over two wooden stick vertical

Just play it you fucking popsicle.

The little green book in your inventory tells you what you can build. The more stuff you build the more recipes you unlock.

Okay I get it now. No offense to minecraft fans but so far this seems really boring and pointless and I'm the kind of guy who loves playing with Lego to this day. I'll keep prodding

wait until night time

It takes a while to get into it. You really need to learn the basics of things like crafting, mining, food, etc.

Survival mode is boring and pointless. If you like LEGO you should try creative mode instead.

>are you seriously defending giving money to microsoft?

That's not how the normies see it.

"Yo, CEO Normie 1. We made only made 1,000,000,000 profit this year"

"Wtf?! We made 1,000,000,500 last year!"

"The investors are going to be pissed, better shut down all investments into this community"

Please tell me you're lying user. That pack was the best.