Itt: artificial difficulty

itt: artificial difficulty

The only thing you can complain about that map is that the game didnt give a clear reason as to lighting the windmill on fire to clear the poison out of the boss area the rest of it wasnt even that bad desu

>bleeding
>unavoidable poison
>tight corridors
>shit ton of enemies in small spaces

It's fucking awful.

>bleeding

???
Where do you ever get it without being your own fuck up?

>unavoidable poison

There are many ways to deal with it and by that point of the game you should have a ton of anti-poison items.

>tight corridors

Git gud.

>shit ton of enemies in small spaces

Git gud. Seriously, people who think souls should be 1x1 honorable duels are just fucking awful at the game.

>take an elevator that goes up from this building
>end up here

lordran is a twisted space

this was so easy to breeze through?

I never even thought about that

what the fuck. And the npc says the place sunk into the earth, but the elevator you take goes up?... lol

It still sucks though.

Nah. I only agree when there were more than one alien around you though. That shit was hard, you were actually forced to lure them away to be able to move around

shrine of amana is 10x worse for melee builds

a massive point of darksouls 1 was the clearly designed interconnected levels.

I enjoyed playing DS2 but this was really a bummer to see when they started so well with showing heides tower of flame from majula.

but then they goofed it.

I miss it pre-patch. My first run was melee only and that place was fucking hell. Today I can just breeze through it.

thank fuck for great magic barrier

>tfw fluked it in release week

the poison mill and surrounding area was hell though.

That one boss in Painkiller where as you damage him he destroys the floor beneath you and you're forced to take fall damage as you progress. So fucking dumb.

where's the volcano

>Alien: Isolation
>difficult
>couldnt get past the hospital section

It wouldn't be as jarring if it's predecessor's game world wasn't heavily interconnected, with everything being properly scaled and positioned. Instead of teleporting you in elevators and hallways

>people still cant except that it was a rushed piece of shit and that is why everything is out of place

nothing artificial about it.

>itt blatantly unfinished levels

ftfy

>It still sucks though

What does artificial difficulty even mean?
Isn't all difficulty in video games artificial?

i was responding to the fact that someone made that image in a attempt to salvage the games reputation.

Artificial difficulty is exactly as it's named, unavoidable and faked difficulty that can't be circumvented by player skill under normal circumstances. The souls games are honestly a bad example overall of artificial difficulty but there are cases in which it exists.

A good example of the first game back when it was the only one in the dark souls series, people liked to complain about the bridge with the drake being artificially difficult due to people dying from the flames. This is not artificial difficult as there were signs of burn marks on the bridge and dead bodies that acted as a warning to the player. An actual valid example of artificial difficulty would be at a later point in the game with Seath where you are literally forced to die in your first encounter with him and the only way actual way around it involves a skip of the game, this example is almost never brought up because the types of people that complain about artificial difficulty in these games never make it this far.

This is actually the only instance where I'd ever use the term artificial difficulty.

The controls are actual shit, the hammer should be 1:1 to your mouse movement

Fair enough.

Artificial difficulty doesn't exist in Souls games, except when it magically does the moment someone needs to talk about DaSII

That literally does not matter. You can just get adjusted to the ratio due to muscle memory. Newsflash, ADHD faggot, try playing the game for more than 30 minutes instead of wanting instant gratification. Try not spazzing out your hand.

Getting Over It is probably the least "artificial difficulty" game in existence due to its one mechanic that never bullshits.

>awful at the game
Yes I'd love to conform to this game's shit design by making an aoe mage or whatever kids do instead of sticking to my fun as fuck assassin.