Will and if yes, when will the switch get VR?

Will and if yes, when will the switch get VR?

Hopefully not
Nintendo already learned from the virtual boy

No.

The switch can barely handle regular-ass 2D screen graphics, there's no way it could handle VR. Hell, the regular PS4 barely can.

I doubt the hardware can satisfy any kind of VR. Console VR Headsets are a huge meme anyways. PC ones are too but offer way more variety (yet VRchat seems like the only thing at all that makes people want VR)

No, fuck VR

Speaking of which, what exactly is vrchat? Is it just a chat app in VR where you can speak as your fursona or some shit?

That sounds impossible on several levels.
Hell as states not even the PS4 can handle it very well and that's a bit more powerful than the last generation Tegra chip powering the Switch. I own a Switch and even I think this would be retarded unless they used fucking space magic to make the headset do the additonal rendering while not becoming a bulky, uncomfortable toaster oven you strap to your face.

I've got an Oculus, and really want to fuck around in VRchat, but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth to import models. That one dude who RPs as Frieza on there makes it look like a lot of fun.

VR will go the way of 3D bluray: Dead

thats because they bought shit tech that sega turned down and paid for it when they ignored in house testing on QC.

switch cant even run skyrim higher than xbox360/ps3 currently and its dock mode kills most games on a tv larger than 30".

they need to ignore VR unless they want to take gaming seriously..... which they havnt, in 25yrs.

Kimishima said he's looking forward to it, so dunno what to expect

>VR >Taking gaming seriously
As a VR owner and supporter of its future you are talking so far out of your ass that your mouth has receded into your rectum.
Most people are not buying VR because they think it's the next big step, they are buying it for unique, albeit gimmicky experiences that only VR can really offer and even then in the birth of VR you were hard pressed to find something that wasn't a fucking wave shooter because everyone was pissing themselves about the threat of motion sickness

I think it's second life but you don't have to pay some bullshit money for a model. Also, from what I've seen, it's just replaced the influx of furries (that SL has) with anime girls
I wish I knew if I should get an Oculus or Vive.

I think the 4k dock is more likely

It honestly depends on what you're looking for. Oculus has some exclusives that are neat but good fucking luck playing anything with expansive touchpad use because the Oculus Touch controllers only have thumbsticks, also to reach Vive levels of room scale you need to buy an additional sensor separate from the two you get in the box. The Vive is the one for people with more money than sense promising the best in room scale capturing but it requires a lot of setup, a lot of space, a lot of cables and outlets and is also $600.
Personally I went with a Lenovo Explorer for the $300 it was on sale for, the Windows Mixed Reality headsets have the same specs (Except Samsung's) but different builds and Lenovo's is probably the best out of the WMR line. People will meme about how you shouldn't get it for games due to the way it tracks not doing so hot when the controllers can't be seen by its cameras but it functions just fine unless I intentionally am trying to push that shit. It by comparison only has two cables to worry about, a USB 3.0 and an HDMI and a port to hook your headphones into. The controllers have both a trackpad and thumbstick so they work for anything SteamVR + Revive can provide but MS are fucking cheap or retarded and made them powered by AA batteries instead of letting them be rechargable. Probably wouldn't have bought it at its standard price but $300 was my VR hot spot price

Add-ons aren't a good idea. It's hard enough to use the existing stuff like the 3DS, WiiU or Switch's multiple features.

You don't have to import to get models. Different worlds have avatars you can become and there's one specifically for DBZ characters.

>Super Mario Odyssey lags on its own console
>capable of running VR

As someone that bought the Rift DK1, you don't want that. Not if it involves the current Switch's screen, at least.

Well I mean the you could replace this statement with PS4 and Last Guardian and it still has VR, so...

Do it, these fanboys will support anything regardless of how shitty it is and berate anyone who speaks ill of it. Nintendo will make big bucks on it

Honestly, with motion controls being the biggest hurdle in VR games being good I have NO idea why people wouldn't want Nintendo in VR. If Nintendo made a VR Sports and it was good wouldn't that be good for VR?

I could see it working pretty well, but the headset would probably be very expensive since it would need to provide extra processing power, like the psvr, and extra battery life since the switch's battery doesn't last long enough on it's own.

>Doom cant even handle 586p
>VR somehow does
nintendofags

I wonder how many Sup Forums users look at this and think "nu-male" and don't even know who the picture is of

yeah because that sure happened with the extremely successful and popular WiiU and Virtual Boy, Nintendo is driven entirely by fanboys for sure

They'll use VR as a selling point when they do an update on the Switch hardware to use whatever the next tegra chip is. There's a patent they have that shows them plopping the switch screen into a headset like what can be done already with phones.

Five years from now. Switch VR with a higher res screen and more powerful chip. Play normal games at higher res and fps, play VR games. Normal Switch is still compatible with all games so budgets stay the same.

>The Switch doing VR

It could get some Google Cardboard-esque games but nothing really immersive.

poor nintendo fanboys, we told them about the importance of hardware capability. Iwata told us to understand though, fools.

the Joycons would be great for VR, totally, but the problem is actually running VR in the first place. the Switch alone isn't powerful enough, which is a shame

pretty sure theyy're devolopers of "No man's Soy"