SCP: Secret Laboratory

Anybody been playing this? It's buggy as fuck and in open beta but it's kinda fun

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-2721
youtu.be/2ypsQgqzOXc?t=5m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buggy
Those are spoopy features

I assume it's standalone Garry's Mod mod?

I would love an extended, SCP cinematic universe. It'd be like stephen king, the movies don't actually have to be relevant to each other, all that matters is that they're in the same universe.

I don't get spooped by a ctd on round end
Maybe? Haven't played Garry's Mod since spacebuild was popular so I'm not up to date with current modes

what the hell is SCP ?

>6 servers
>all full
>only polski and frenchie servers

it means search coogle paggot

Wasn't too bad yesterday, if the server list is full try an IP from the steam discussions

What anomalous objects are currently implemented?

So this is just a multiplayer version which you need like 20 people for?

Fill me in senpai.
i fucking love SCP so please tell me what SCPs are in this?

173, 106, 079, 049 and 914
I bet it'll be just like SCP:CB but Multiplayer

newfags should be banned
if only there were an SCP that got rid of them

Ahhh I love those SCPs but come on give some love to some other SCPs I want to see 610 or 217 in a game

Seems fun, lets rev up a server, why not, breach was fun in the first days

A very autistic 'shared universe' that started in the late 2000s, peaked in popularity around 2012-2013ish, then steadily declined into irrelevance and shit. It was alright when it was just starting out. Oh sure, most of the 'writers' were just fanfic writing twats who literally stole SCP from a creepypasta guy, but a few did have talent and created some pretty spooky creatures. But then it started to go downhill when the old bunch started leaving.

Redditors started flocking to it like flies to a pile of shit, writing increasingly memetic and terrible SCPs. Then that stupid game came out, resulting in a hoard of whiny twelve year old edge lords descending on SCP. Then the game lost it's brief time in the sun and normies gradually lost interest. At this point, the old writers had moved on and found better stuff to do (like writing actual novels).

Resulting in a pack of stuck up SJWs, Transvestities, degenerates, and redditors taking over who got rid of the gross shit (that people actually came to read), rewrote too many of the important monsters for no real reason, then started throwing in increasingly dumber objects. SCP ultimately shows the problems in having a shared universe. While the old bunch certainly weren't great, they at least knew what made people wanna read their stuff. SCP was horror, horror in a sterile science setting where incompetent scientists desperately tried to understand their subjects but completely failed at it.

The new guys don't know what made SCP popular, nor do they care.

The quality might have dropped a little over the years, but overall it's still pretty good.
scp-wiki.net/scp-2721

its gay reddit shit

Is this not just that gmod SCP roleplay?

A famous youtuber who challenged Chris Chan and PewDiePie in a rap battle to the last breath in Antartica trying to summon some shoggoths and Nyarlathotep

stop

Know of any old archives of the pre-fuck up era?

It should also be mentioned that it began in 2007 in particular, and here on our very own /x/. It was before Sup Forums invasions largely ruined the board.
As far as I'm concerned, SCP-2000 is the series finale. Though there is still some post-2000 stuff I like like the Sarkic flesh cult.

Honestly the worst part for me was the fanfic-tier OC characters like the guy called Cain or those doctors who are all written by "I am very badass" anime characters

written like*

Good thing we have Dr. Bright

He could be said to be the worst of the bunch.

this
scp has been shit for a long time now
muh power level bullshit

Already have gmod though.

This. Spot on.
I think the most cancerous thing in recent years is that "Gamer against weed" group. It's literally a group of tranny vampire alien reality benders who don't really add anything to the universe and just clutter the archives with reddit tier memes.
>DUDE WHAT IF BERNIE SANDERS WAS AN SCP XDDD
>DUDE I'M AN ALIEN SENT TO DESTROY EARTH BUT THEN I DISCOVERED HOMESTUCK AND GOT DISTRACTED
>DUDE I'M A REALITY BENDER WHO IS TRANSGENDER, I'M DEPRESSED CUZ OF HOW TRANS PEOPLE ARE TREATED I FEEL I'LL NEVER BE A REAL WOMAN. I COULD USE MY REALITY BENDER MAGIC TO BECOME A REAL GIRL BUT NAH I'M JUST GONNA WRITE IN MY JOURNAL INSTEAD
Cancer.

To be honest SCP was always cringe af. Don't know what they're putting out nowadays but early ones were self insert wankjobs in of themselves

To provide a less meme laden account of the history of SCP: the whole thing started with a simple creepypasta challenge on /x/. Eventually, to accommodate the growing number of SCPs a wiki was formed accompanied later by an IRC. Ops in the IRC /did not/ have ops on the wiki. Most of the people who curated the wiki were very creative writers and there wasn't much need for community guidelines. Most of the people in the IRC however, were not good writers, and were best described as 'idea guys'.

The kernel for most of the SCP 'lore' as it exists today started in the IRC. As it became more popular, especially on rebbit, More and more people from the IRC got Ops on the wiki and there was a noticeable nosedive in quality as several SCPs produced were pedestrian concepts like mythological creatures, simple monsters, robots and aliens, that sort of thing. Worst of all were clear self-inserts.

There are still a lot of SCPs in the 1000~ series range that are plain old bad. Community standards for writing SCPs were put in place but the damage is mostly done.

There are still plenty of good articles produced now and again and I by no means mean to deride the explosion of creativity that results from writing -- but in this instance -- yes, ribbit ruined SCP.

Gifted SCP book about the lab and different types of entities to my teenager niece this New Year.

How can we kill reddit?
Serious question. The entire internet would probably be better off without that tumor.

Nice cover, sans the Russian.
I hope it is about only quality SCPs.

Aw man, this is the SCP that can only be described by pictographs and takes anything or anyone that describes it.

youtu.be/2ypsQgqzOXc?t=5m7s

It's pretty good.

>I don't get spooped by a ctd on round end
The game have permadeath? Nice!

Huh, for some reason I thought that it was Russians who originated the SCP thing.
What's the difference between different branches?

There's also Lobotomy Corporation, though I haven't played it much because I accidentally quit the game an haven't gone back yet.

>checking 3500+ SCPs
Jesus fucking christ, it's like all the cancer gathered in one spot.
I thought quality check was a thing.

any word on adding any new ones later?