This on Hard Mode is far better than Cuphead could ever provide

This on Hard Mode is far better than Cuphead could ever provide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KcQoPtFuGDY
youtube.com/watch?v=NTOSne8XSuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's on sale on switch right now. Is it worth it int terms of i'll get a lot of play out of it or is it a very short one and done game?

It's alright. It's very easy if you play through it normally, but very hard if you try to play for score since you aren't allowed to get hit.

I got 13 hours from it but I didn't finish all the extra missions. The final boss rush is practically impossible if you don't have best gear. You have to take a hit in one of the final phases.

Normal is easy as fuck but extra missions + Hard Mode are absolutely worth it.

Looks neat.

>trying to play 1 after 2
I can't do it. It's just so fucking flawed. I'm glad I beat 1 before moving onto 2 though.
GV's menu music in 2 fucking blows ass though. I can't believe we lost that top-tier groove from 1 for this trash.

>tfw can't listen to the jpop without feeling sad now.
Especially from GV2, christ. I still can't listen to Indigo Destiny without feeling like a knife's being twisted in my gut.
Posting best songs
youtube.com/watch?v=KcQoPtFuGDY
youtube.com/watch?v=NTOSne8XSuY

Gunvolt 3 fucking WHEN?

>trying to play as GV after figuring out how to actually play as copen "the floor is lava" and rack up kudos
>also most Lola versions sound better than Joule as much as I hate to admit it.

>I still can't listen to Indigo Destiny without feeling like a knife's being twisted in my gut.
it seems to be a general rule for Gunvolt games that there must be some kind of suffering at the end

If not for the stupid number skipping, that would have been quads.
WAGA AI YO

Gunvolt 2 on Steam fucking WHEN? I mean, it's probably playable on Citra but an actual port would be nice.

>oh Zonda, surely his fight is like in Mighty GunvoltaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's when I turned Prevasion on, fuck his special attack

Have you tried the DLC fight?
Zonda is a monster in it.

Is there a chance gunvolt will become the megaman clone MN9 couldn't become? I'm very happy with what Inti creates has put out so far and i'm excited for Dragon marked for death.

I would be fine if the final between GV and copen wasn't so wrenching.
>beat him
>Don't you touch him!
>She sings a song too divine for your ears, adept.
>The muse sings for me alone now.
Every time Zonda was on screen my blood fucking boiled too. Game opens up by taking the good/sad ending of GV1, and throws it on the ground.

Why did this shitty little anime game make me feel so much?

>ywn have a beach party with GV cast

why is this game 40 dollars on the switch and 5 dollars on steam

Because it's 1 and 2 together and it's currently like $32 if you don't live in a shitty state that taxes digital purchases.

Nintendo tax

>nintendo games dropping in price
>GV1 has been out on steam for 2 years
>Switch version includes GV1+2+DLC
>Steam sales don't give a fuck

Inti has been showing a lot of love for Gunvolt on their social media, so at the very least a game every 2 or 3 years is a given

>the flamboyant queer sexual deviant from the first game that is defeated off-screen is actually a loli hellbent on making a utopian world for adepts and is not above killing innocents for it

Also, this guy directly referenced Sup Forums right? I swear to got he said something like give me a (you) on the opening stage.

I assume the translation is just as bad in GV2 then?

Gunvolt sucks ass, give me a Copen solo game, I want to SMASH MY FACE INTO ENEMIES WITH ROCKET BOOTS to target them more, Gunvolt plays slow and boeing

Well, no one says Xe/Xir

Because the steam version is an extremely lazy port of the original game that is locked to 30fps and has virtually no changes from the original version.
The switch pack is both games at 60fps with higher resolution assets (although the singing section in the second game had to be cut from due to the lack of a microphone on the switch) so they at least put in some kind of effort in that version even if it isn't much either.

No, it was really only that guy who's a m3ga haxx0r. He's non-stop shitposting in his dialogue and constantly mocks everyone. He makes copies of Joule that attack you
>THEY lOOK ALMOST AS DUMB AS THE REAL THING DON'T THEY? ...PLZ RESPOND.

>LET MY SONG B UR WINGZ GV!!!11 I LUV U GV! U R SO GRIMDARK! DAT PONY TAIL THO. WOW.
>HEY lOOK IT'S THAT DUDE WHO'S IN LOVE WITH HIS SISTER! SRY! ALREADY USED MY SEPTIMA "HACK THE PLANET" WEEKS AGO. THAT'S HOW WE SHIPPED HER OFF TO THE GARDEN! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But other than that the dialogue is fine. There's no Xe with Zonda and they didn't leave out like half the banter.

But he actually was kinda similar.

>copen ending
BOI HE BOUT TO DEW IT
Post yfw we don't get ASG 3 but "Adept Slayer Copen" next.

Jumping in now after the surprisingly long download on switch. haven;t played either but tempted to skip to 2 just for Copen since he looks cooler.

The real question is what's this sneaky shit up to?

Don't skip 1. It'll get you more attached to the characters and struggle of GV and Joule.

I'm playing the striker pack right now and am pretty pissed off there is no english dub, this is a game where you need to play skillfully without getting hit and focus on your surroundings constantly to do so but you have people talking every five seconds in Japanese so I need to constantly focus on the dialog to see what they are saying. It was great in Lid Icarus because I could enjoy the game and banter at the same time but this is just infuriating I fee like i'm missing half the story and character/world building by focusing on the action.

being the bad guy in gunvolt 3

I just realized I have played GV1 with the English (English) option on.

What the actual fuck there is actual voice acting? There is dialog between missions? There are more than 2 scenes with Joule and the translation is different?
What have I done?

What? Are you shitting me? I have to check that out when I buy the striker pack because I feel bad for pirating this gem and want to support it.

Everyone who's played Mighty Gunvolt Burst:

Get the Ray DLC.

The newer batch of DLC characters play very differently from Beck compared to the old batch, and it's especially true for Ray.

You can even pretend she's Zero by switching slash to the main attack button and shooting only with the backup button. Also the Xel decay significantly increases difficulty at parts.

Gunvolt dies. Reincarnates as Copen's muse.

Copen will get both sets of powers and become true OP.

>ywn fuck lumen

I don't know, but Teseo is a giant 2ch memelord even in the Japanese version. Having him ask for a (You) is actually good localization.

>LET MY SONG B UR WINGZ GV!!!11 I LUV U GV! U R SO GRIMDARK!
>HEY lOOK IT'S THAT DUDE WHO'S IN LOVE WITH HIS SISTER!
I actually liked these two because whether it was Inti themselves or just Matt Papa, I'm glad that they can laugh at themselves a bit.

>mighty gunvolt/burst
I'm a bit hesitant to play a crossover between Gunvolt and MN9 of all things.

I played a demo of this and I didn't like the core mechanics or level design at all. Protagonist is cute though.

I shit you not when I tell you it's what MN9 should've been

>haha don't worry GV, I've got nothing bad in mind haha
okayIbelieveyou.flac

>What? Are you shitting me?
No, I just restarted the game and checked the the voice options. I chose the Japanese voice option and started a level. I'm seeing dialogue between Gunvolt and the crew which is also fully voice.

Giving Joule a jewel does not make her say "How much should I look into this?" so the translation is different.
After giving all my jewels I got a scene where she is making tea or something. I stopped there because I kind of want to replay it all from the beginning.

What the actual fuck is going on with this port.

It's good. Just pretend MN9 doesn't exist.

>GV floats around Copen with electric butterfly wings and sings for him
Sounds gay

You have to sing along with GV to activate his powers too

I'm now confused as to what you're mad about.

That's not the port, it was like that in the OG 3DS game too.

>3ds
No fucking thank you, I prefer my hands to not be cramped up
Im sure its fun and the OST is really good from what I hear, but its just not fucking worth hurting my hands and forcing myself to take breaks.

Gunvolt has had a troubled localization history, but the Striker Pack is the definitive version and should be fine.

I'm mad that I've missed content that was there all along. With a flip of a switch I could have seen it during my inital playtrough.

I see. Well, that's a good thing for the port I guess.

Why would your hand be cramped up? Just switch flashfield to an L/R button

>I'm mad that I've missed content that was there all along. With a flip of a switch I could have seen it during my inital playtrough.

Ah, that is fair. I did play the OG 3DS version, but there was quite some time before I played the updated striker pack so it didn't feel tedious.

Also I never have time to pay attention to the in-stage convos anyway.

Are there any differences between Striker Pack GV1 and the PC port, except for the 60fps? I'm thinking of picking the Striker Pack just for GV2 but now I feel like replaying GV1 as well.

>obvious themes and messages about segregation, discrimination, and how we're all human in the end
>Who gives a shit? I need to save my girl ASAP from the bastards who kidnapped her.

Someone help me. My autism won't allow me to progress until I S rank 1st Sumeragi and complete all the missions for it.

Err, not as far as I know, but I never played the PC version. Should ask around.

I mean he did quit his job/THE RESISTANCE to take care of a loli

What's the best boss order for Gunvolt?

Gunvolt 2 on Steam when?

Doesn't matter because you only get Orochi after you beat all 6. All other weapons don't matter.

Gunvolt doesn't really need boss orders because you don't get weaknesses.

Copen does have weaknesses but I never felt like they made enough of a difference for me to remember the order.

>Orochi

but why

>tfw I beat it with all 8 characters
>but I really don't want to play hard mode nor do I EVER want to get the sub-1 hour run sticker.
Fuck both of those.
Personal ranking of FUN:
Copen > Ray > Beck > Gunvolt > Kurona > Call > Ekoro > Joule
I'll explain my reasoning in my next post to have more characters to type out.

playing any 3ds game fucks up my hands
Ive really kills the entire experience of any game for me and I dont understand what triggers it.
I think games where I use the dpad fuck me up the worst, even with the stick I still go numb
I COULD buy the xl if I felt like it, but I am not burning that money for 3ds.

I am fairly certain he's got a time-based septima.
Going as the White Rabbit for Halloween while Zonda was the Queen of Hearts is awfully suspicious no matter how you look at it.

I'm still mad that they don't give us enough save slots

You can practically tag anything on the screen no matter where you shoot. Plus you get 8 tags which is more than enough even for multi target bosses.

Ah. Maybe save it for the switch then?

>30 fps lock in a 2D action game
fuck no

Meh, from what I've seen, the gameplay seems very gimmicky. I miss the gun+sword simplicity of the Zero days.

But then don't you only get 1 tag per enemy? And it's slow too. If you wanted convenience vasuki always seemed like a better option.

It's 60fps on switch

You can do sword+gun with Ray in Mighty Gunvolt Burst

>sequel
>the plot is trash
>3 will be even worse
why bother anymore

You can still get 3 tags per enemy. And it's not slow. You get the spread which can hit anyone anywhere AND you get your regular shot that you can spam away.

Do you complain about the plot in Megaman too?

Are the Megaman legacy collections on Steam worthwhile or should I just emulate?

Oh, I didn't realize you still keep your regular shot. I'll try it and get back to you

I don´t play megaman

Best as in most logical?
I know Carrera is supposed to be a later boss because his power is considered Copen's new trump card, implying he didn't have in the first fight.

1) Copen had the most options for offense and the best aerial action bar none, since it let you use both vertical and horizontal movement. Lola's attacks also let you use passive abilities like homing and environment piercing at much less cost than their normal equivalents. Lola's attacks weren't too drastically different, but still useful enough to warrant using.
2) Ray's Zero-lite and has the Mega-Arm from MM5GB. Even with life-decay, she can heal from attacking, and still fire diagonally so she has no major weaknesses outside of a boss's time-based cinematic attacks. Also, burst combos for days. Mouth blast sucks though.
3) Most customization to let you have as much fun as you want with the Custom Shot system. Air Dash is decent. Most vanilla, but has more points to use on weapons because of it. Lost out on his unique diagonal fire because now almost everyone has it, but was nice in version 1.0.
4) GV was my first to use, but also the most middle of the road. Doesn't have diagonal shot and loses out on quite a few custom options for the sake of his specials. The problem is that specials are only decent at best unless you always rack up bursts, and that's not always easy with him. Air Hop is great.
5) Kurona can act as Shovel Knight-lite, and that really lets you have some amusing fun with enemies and bosses. Allowing you to avoid damage and kill some really fast, especially when you "no knockback" and "bonus invuln frames" passives active. Brandish was amusing as hell, but Pyrogen was shit. You can pierce Cryo's bubbles with demon mode which is great. Otherwise, she's pretty weak, since she lacks good bounce from the spear drop to mix up platforming and she doesn't have ekoro's high-jump, so spear drop isn't "fun" until you get those passives and "damage x3" maxed.
tbc

If you don't like the plot you can mostly turn it off, you know.

God damn I want to fuck Copen's maid.

what was her goal in giving up the Muse to the guy?

i know, it was just a let down
the first one was cliché but good

What is your highest rank on the GV2 leaderboards, Sup Forums?
I once managed to reach #10 on the boss rush.

continued
6) Call benefits most from her Patch bots, but also being able to choose her Aerial Action which is neat. Her damage is poor without the bots, but with them, she tears everything apart, especially since they can pierce through walls, enemies, and shields. What's nice is that you'll always have at least 1-2, since they tend to be placed near checkpoints. Sadly, this also makes her on the boring side, since you tear through everything so effortlessly as long as you have at least one. Plus, she has a shield and diagonal shot to help her as well.
7) Ekoro has a middle-of-the-road custom shot set between Beck and GV. She makes up for it with her exclusive high jump but also gets to glide like a few other characters after her, which gives her the best air game, with Copen only being a close second. She can tear through underwater and gravity segments like they were nothing. The invuln and damage boost from her Angel Mode however, makes her somewhat unique, but also kind of boring, especially since her damage is weak until you boost "attack up" passive, so you spend more time poking enemies waiting for Angel Mode so she quits sucking. Super vulnerable until you get damage down leveled as well.
8) Joule is the most boring by far. She's the worst parts of Ekoro and Copen in one character. Her song variations are mostly useless, so you tend to stick with the vanilla song outside of Anthem, which is the only time she gets interesting, and then she's even more boring than Call because she's disgustingly strong. Her customization is really weak as well. I get what they were trying to do, but Copen made her pointless. Even infinite air hops and tabula rasa can't make her enjoyable.

She's a fucking vampire.

Well, that's my two cents.
I forgot to note Kurona's demon mode's extra damage and piercing though shields, but that's because as far as I can tell spear drop doesn't get any damage boost from it and pretty much lets you pierce through shields anyways since you can just bounce on anything that is shielded (like the not!Sniper Joes and the big clunky mechs in certain segments). I know they wanted to make her "power mode" different from Ekoro, but they should have focuses it more on the spear drop which she should have had from the start anyways, since even Ray had her claw swipes and Copen had Lola.

Fuck no.

Copen was fun, but I found his weapons a little underwhelming. There needed to be a customization for extra weapon gauge. Also it ended up dividing the CP pool over two weapons, and it wasn't always clear that the Ex-weapons were better than the regular shot.

Ray is the best if you change her to Zero. Main her weapon, keep Xel decay on, and you're good. I wish there were an option to adjust teh speed of Xel decay - like you mentioned, you really do get clobbered on the long boss attacks (looking at you, battalion)

Beck is a great vanilla shoot everything character.

GV is a slightly worse beck with double jumps. His skills were worthless.

Haven't played Kurona, but the other DLC characters were pretty much just for novelty.

One bump from me.

>tfw no adept gf to give me a hairjob while she looks at me with black and yellow eyes

>posting the worse personality

Did they fixed the crappy translation of the first game in the Switch version?

Did they ever patch all the mid mission dialogue back in? Finding out there's so much conversation you just don't get in the 3ds version enraged me

>not eRexXxioN

I'm still sad she's dead. I hope they get to come back via Reincarnation

Yes they fixed it back on Steam. The Switch has the new translation.