Hello, is this thing on?

Hello, is this thing on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=O59iwBYDYcw
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4&t=1290s
monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One thing I miss from XCX and XB1 is the icons above enemies to notate how they aggro. Also the very obvious from a distance identifiers that a monster is named.

Explain the combat on this game. All I do is position my character then do attacks in the same order. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

lel it's too bad this shit got cancelled, bone really needed something other than forza and halo

>SQUAD

FORM UP

you need a bigger gun.

Step 1: Complete chapter 5
Step 2: Learn overdrive
Step 3: Try to maintain overdrive ad infinitium without any augments

Game is only fun if you don't try to cheese everything with augments.

I also miss how you could jump high in the air and sprint during combat. Can't do either in XC2, you have to move like a snail and awkwardly side step.

What?
Its a Wii U game user

is anyone as far decided as to go want do more like?

This is a Scalebound thread, nerd.

Lol okay

XBCX's songs are not very good, but the lyrics are a work of art

>Not good
>youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY

(You)

I literally never see anyone mention this. The jumping in XCX was fucking amazing and made exploration that much better. Jumping around like a billy goat was the tits.

>When the combat system clicks, your build comes together and finally it all makes sense
I really got into this game a few months ago, this game's amazing. I'm sad I missed out on most of the threads though.

If you sheathe your blade you can jump again.

what happened bros, why did this series turn from this

You didn't miss much. It was mostly "decensor the game reeeeeeeee" threads and potato-chan circlejerks.

You realize that Nintendo has several successful series with different iterations that coexist right?
Prime wasn't the death of 2D Metroid, 3D land and world weren't the death of sandbox Mario, etc.

Xenoblade 2 sold minutely better than X on a much healthier system and the dev has already expressed interest bringing X to Switch. I don't like Tales of Blade 2 but there's no fucking reason to think it'd eclipse the future of the series, it didn't sell in a way that would justify that.

>Xenoblade 2 sold
Xenoblade 2 is still selling, though.

Not with that metacritic score it isnt

I would buy XCX on the Switch only if it was uncensored from the Japanese WiiU version.

>metacritic
I'd bet $50 you're under 25

>Xenoblade 2 sold minutely better than X
How do you know this? There's no sales data as far as I'm aware.

Only a retard thinks it affects game quality.
But the same goes for thinking it won't affect sales. It absolutely does and that's all I implied.

We have weekly sales from Japan saying it had the best opening week of the entire franchise, in fact.

I'll put some value in the user score, at the very least it will make me look further into the game, but the big metacritic score might as well not even exist. I don't acknowledge it in any way, be it for a game I know I like or not.

Best opening week of a franchise where your competition is a Wii title that came out a solid 2 years after the Wii was even a consideration for most people, and a fucking WiiU game.
Your declaring yourself a giant among midgets user. Xenoblade has never pulled smashing numbers.

How far are you in the game? Which class tree?

Also yeah, you can do easily without augments with Dual Guns/Dual Swords

When Xenoblade X got released the Wii U had the exact same number of units out, so it's a perfectly valid comparison.

>finish game without being a memewalking shitter
feels good

How's that Ares 90 coming along?

Hardly, a massive percentage of those units never ran a game that wasn't Smash 4 and if you ask around Sup Forums you'll see tons of anons who have at most 3 early titles for their WiiU before they shelved it. System health is as much a consideration as userbase. 10 million Switchs in the wild not even a year after launch with early adoption owners looking for any reason to turn it on is not comparable to 10 million WiiUs when a tiny percentage of them saw regular use.

Switch still has a lot of hype still, and the WiiU was around for awhile though.

I think the main thing that harmed X's sale was that it came out nine months ater the Japanese release with a controverial dub.

This I find myself encountering high level new monsters and wondering are they docile or attack as soon as they see me.

Hello.

Is it me you're looking for?

Don't die

ALLEY OOP
ALLEY OOP
ALLEY OOP

Metacritic's mid 80s what's wrong with it?

the even more niche game with no story has a score that's above 90 user score on the worst selling console in Nintendo's history

It's actually doing not so bad for a game from the last gen. There's some decent amount of population still playing it.

>your build comes together and finally it all makes sense
>mfw finally figuring out how to successfully sacrifice a brainjacked enemy

It became so fun that it almost became unfun. But fuck me if this ain't a godsend for farming shit.

Nigga you crazy have ever listened to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=O59iwBYDYcw

More like
>mfw understand that I can inflict Control on Millesaurs just by getting a purple soul voice with "Bypass debuff resistance" effect and then kill them with Servant Sacrifice way below their level

who have that voice anyways?

Dude drifting around in tank mode doing sick air jumps was satisfying asf

Your Cross.
Play as Irina and get that voice from him/her.

Irina once again proves to be best girl.

I am in need of a bigger weapon.

>No more sprinting
>No more good jumps
>Return of fall damage
>No skells for better mobility/flight
>No more good map system
>No more attacking and moving
>No more enemy index
>No more affinity chart
>No more enemy aggro indicators
Man, XC2 is such a huge step back in every way from X, except for music.

That's not true at all, why would lie about that? There was almost always a decent thread up around the release period

You aren't even trying.
>No more secondary cooldown
>No more overdrive
>No more soul voices
>No more online
>THREE ARTS

I just want dragons dogma's snappy responsive combat for both mech and ground combat. A difficulty system, and some brakes on how far you can augment shit.

Game had so much potential, it just fucking hurts.

AM I ALL ALONE?

X's music fit the game far more than the sort of OST the numbered titles went for.

Three arts per blade, so you can have 9 at a time.
Also chain attack and 3rd stage were meant to replace od by the feel of it.

Soul voices and online I could do without. They were neat, but not important.

However, I think you're underselling how bad the Art system is in 2
>No more colored arts
>Debuff arts removed
>Debuffs, other than break/topple/launch/smash removed
>No auras
>No buffs
>The vast majority of arts are melee
>Said melee arts all work the same, with the only real differences being whether they're AoE or inflict break/topple/launch/smash
>Very few "support arts", maybe 1 out of every 7 will spawn potions or heal in an AoE
>Leveling up arts only minutely increases the damage or lower the amount of hits needed to get it off CD by 1.
>You have to auto-attack (stand still) to build up art CD

The combat system in 2 is fucking disgusting. It's so bad. I cringe whenever I see people who never played the original or X praise that mess of a battle system.

Change from a nice controllable Class System to a awful gacha system might be one of the most baffling change. But yeah overall XC2 is a step back from X in a lot of ways. I hope X 2 is next in development but worried that if XC2 is a giant hit they might be looking more into that over X.

I agree that X's music fit better, but the 2 most played tracks in the game are by far the worst tracks in the entire series.

I would endlessly praise X's soundtrack if NLA and NLA night didn't exist, or you could override them with a track player in your skell or something.

Totally agree.
Don't forget the flight music that interrupts your favorite song any time you jump.

UH UH
YEAH

The gacha system legitimately prevents the game from being better than an 8/10. It's so bad. I have 120 hours into 2 and still don't have all of the rare blades

>Get over 400 luck with Zeke
>Spam the correct boosters for the type of blade I'm aiming for
>Use up 7 Legendary Core Crystals only to get jack fucking shit
>Game auto-saves after every core usage so I can't get back my good core crystals
XC2 sucked.

>I would endlessly praise X's soundtrack if NLA and NLA night didn't exist

That's your personal problem, fact of the matter is that 95% of the soundrack is good and rarely used.

>No more soul voices
>No more colored arts
And thank God, good motherfucking riddance
Those 2 abominations are the the prime reasons why Xenoblade Chr. X has one of the worst battle systems ever conceived by mankind.

I only got to the second Titan when you are inside the whale but I just quit because I just can't stand it. Gacha system offer nothing but rage in my eyes.

The lesser used songs are fantastic, yeah, but the sound direction sucked ass.

If they just let you listen to any song you want from a playlist in your skell, it would be GOAT. It's such a missed opportunity. I would love to listen to Melancholia or So Nah So Fern while doing quests in NLA. Instead I got UH YEAH UH UH YEAH CAN'T HEAR YOU CAN'T SEE YOU

UH UH UH
YEAAAAAAAAH

X was such weird game the gameplay and soundtrack were awesome
A pity the story was so threadbare

youtube.com/watch?v=SZxLijQvEa4&t=1290s

It only becomes a moderately good game by the 10th unlockable area. The Cliffs/Land of Morytha are pretty much the only part of 2 on par with the world in X. You're missing out by not getting there.

But I do think your time is better spent playing X again than playing through 2. It's a hell of a slog until chapter 7.

Can we please talk about this:

monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/

b-but 2 is fun

mideval KOS-MOS is CUTE

there's nothing to talk about desu

How though?
Color combos were the best part about overdrive.

Soul voices were a really interesting way to handle healing outside of healing arts + adding bonus effects to all arts just based on color.

I'd say alone they are what already make the battle system more fun than 2 actually - and I am ignoring all the other things already mentioned.

Or that one "emotional" song that would play so loud you can't hear the characters talk during cutscenes

Monolith has 2 teams - a Kyoto branch and a Tokyo branch. The X team worked on Breath of the Wild's overworld, so they've obviously been done since early 2017.

Maybe the XC2 team can actually do some good work when not trying to make a game that stays "true" to the Xenoblade series.

>Hello, is this thing on?
Does anybody here speak English?

Guess another issue I have with XC2 is I just don't care about harem animes. I find them boring. And most of humor is just those type of jokes. The Tatsu joke was awful but it was a joke that can be skipped. XC2 they tried to put those jokes between actual plot so you can't really skip it.

Still better than the one from 2. I will never be able to unhear
>VANDHAAAAAAAAM

I hope that, if they add romance into XCX2, that they let you choose who is your waifu/husbando instead of getting your own harem and STILL cucking best girl.

I mean, I'd love to go chill out at Murderess' house or go on special missions with Mia.

It's still fun. None of the Xeno games are bad/unfun. I still think it's barely better than Xenosaga 1 and 2. Its flaws can't be fixed with a director's cut, unlike X's.

>Medieval KOS-MOS
I think you mean Medieval Fiora

>no more coloured arts
the colour is on the art icon now instead of being an aura around it. Break/Topple/Launch/Smash are pink and such
>Debuffs arts removed
correct
>Debuffs as a whole removed
Blade Combo orbs are debuffs in a way but they certainly aren't the same as they were
>No Auras
false, the third party member you get has them in his base kit
>No buffs
as far as I'm aware for the player this is true, although enemies get enraged buffs
>Melee arts all work the same
was this not the case of the original Xenoblade? I do remember some cool moves like the slide you could do with Dual Guns in X though.
>Very few support arts
mostly locked to one party member, same as with Chronicles. I don't remember X having a primary healer at all.
>Leveling up arts only slightly increases damage/cooldown
XBC2 opts for having the blade skill trees more or less be the big boosts rather than arts leveling.
>have to stand still to build up art CD
I like the new auto attack system, but I guess that's personal taste. If the next X game were to adopt it I'd have it be something like Guns can auto while moving and melee can't.
If you focus on what XBC2 remover rather than the shit it complete reworked of course it's gonna sound like shit, Drive Combos and Blade Combos are infinitely better than the original Chronicles combat and is a nice alternative to X's. I hope X and XC continue to branch out and become more different from on another
all of these things are X only things and 3 arts isn't even fucking true
This, none of the fucking combat changes in XC matter ft it's all locked behind luck. Every rare blade should have been available via side quests like about half of them already are.
>each rare blade has their own percentage of being pulled rather than there just being one percentage for rare blades in general, making it harder to pull blades the more you own
Whoever signed off on this system should be shot

Why do people actually ignore the worst song in the game, in the forest? It's fucking abhorrent and ruins one of the best songs

Because it barely plays and Yggralith Zero is cool.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Xeno 2 but man I really didn't give X enough credit when it came out
You can go literally ANYWHERE you can see once you get a skell, even without it you can get to most places
The map was 100x better with the game pad because you could just look down at it and know exactly where you are or where you have to go.
They "fixed" the map on Xeno 2 but you can can't see any icons on the mini map so it's pretty much useless.
Also, bunny suits
Why the fuck did you take away my bunny suits?! REEEEEEEEE

Rather not have a dating mechanic personally. Rather just explore a giant world with batshit insane plot happening around me. X issue is that the plot was tone down because Takahashi wanted people to focus more on exploring than worrying about story. Hence the weird locked story progression behind questing and exploring. They wanted you to ignore it for a while and come back when you are tried of exploring/questing and just want to do more story. Which I honestly felt was fine if a bit weird.

That concerned look on your avatar's face is priceless.

In The Forest is best song.
Lyrics are Engrish, sure, but still pretty fitting and enjoyable.

Though in my game I replaced the standard In The Forest with the unused one because I like it more.
Before you ask, you need to mod the game files, no in-game option sadly.

>false, the third party member you get has them in his base kit
Tatsu doesn't get any auras. Unless you mean Morag, who doesn't, either. There's nothing like Dunban or OFFENSIVE STANCE in 2

>Blade Combo orbs are debuffs in a way but they certainly aren't the same as they were
While they are an interesting concept, they aren't really debuffs. They're skill seals, and are more useful being used to set up a sick-nasty 1.6 million damage in the Amalthus fight

>as far as I'm aware for the player this is true, although enemies get enraged buffs
There aren't any player buffs. Enemy buffs/enraged have been in all 3 games. Dadaan in X, for example, summons an assload of high-level, high-damage minions when enraged.

>was this not the case of the original Xenoblade? I do remember some cool moves like the slide you could do with Dual Guns in X though.
Kinda? I mean, you had things like Blossom Dance and Reyn's entire skillset. Shulk's Air/Back Slash weren't that unique, granted, but he also had Monado arts.

>I don't remember X having a primary healer at all.
Hope, Celica, and Irina were all supports/healers.

>I like the new auto attack system, but I guess that's personal taste. If the next X game were to adopt it I'd have it be something like Guns can auto while moving and melee can't.
Fine by me. I wouldn't mind melee attacks having to be done at a stand still so long as you can still attack while repositioning.

Saya > Hotaru

WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

X has amazing music but the worst fucking sound direction, none of the cool songs play when they need to outside of Theme X. The fact that CODENAME Z goes so underused is fucking criminal
>Mfw the first time Theme X plays
>mfw the theme that plays when the thundercats challenge you to mech combat
XBX desperately needs some kinda directors cut that completely moves the rest of the games soundtrack around to be as grand as moments like these.

>>Return of fall damage

X was stupid for not having this. It makes the world feel more realistic when there's the danger of falling off a high ledge.

But everyone is a robot so it makes sense not to have it.

Well, that was because they are all mechcanical replicant bodies controlled by their brain remotely

also, wtf theres no indicator saying that a monster is unique or not

>tfw the only fun you have with games are with xenoblade games

i cried at the end of XB2 not just because of the plot but because i knew that no other game would be able to entertain me as much as this series does until the next one comes out. idk what it is but every game in this series is a masterpiece (X especially)

But it makes sense in the context of the game user.