Is emulation good now?

Other urls found in this thread:

libretro.com/index.php/mednafenbeetle-psx-pgxp-arrives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no and it never will be, get an actual console instead

>0.9.5
>1.5.4 is the latest
you might want to give it a try again op

It's ok up to N64. It starts getting cancerous after that.

>It's ok up to N64. It starts getting cancerous after that.

I've been playing MHP3rd on PPSSPP and it's working fine, hell there are even dedicated communities running servers so online is a thing.

My only complaint is sometimes I swear there is input delay but it's not very common.

N64 emulation is terrible.
PSP emulation is more consistent han N64's.

iv had hit or miss on ps2 and game cube seems ok but the ps3s emulator is a mess

If PC has so many games why are they so desperate to make their PC pretend to be consoles?

emulating old computers to play text adventure games is most profitable

Only up to 5th gen excluding N64. It's very hit and miss after that.

you can emulate ps2 and game cube and most consoles before that why because free old games that why

I'm so fucking sick of these fags. Shits been good for years. Jesus fuck. B-but ps2 emulation is b-baaddd. My fucking toaster runs that shit at 60FPS upscaled to out the ass. Do u niggers have autism

>If PC has so many games why are they so desperate to make their PC pretend to be consoles?
Prefer to play on my PC despite owning a lot of the game I play on PC already. N64 I will get my console out though and I like to emulate handheld games because I dislike playing games on handhelds.

they like to pretend they have a leg up anything

Dolphin and ppsspp are nice, I don't even complain so much about pcsx2 because I never had problems other than graphical glitches in some games

>PC has Steam with over 7000 (a lot of shit) games
>Also have the ability to play PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, NES, SNES, N64, GC, WII, WII U, etc games
I know it's bait but holy shit you cucks are dumb

Yes, emulation is pretty good now.

You can even play fucking Sega Saturn and PC Engine good now.

please tell me your toasters specs

And GBA, DS, and 3DS (Pokemon) games.

Not him but I have a Pentium G860, 8GB DDR3, and 1GB VRAM it's even fucking Radeon.
Still can run PS2 games just fine at 4x the resolution.

yeah for me, fps not so good
probably cause i have an fx-6300
really regret getting it instead of an intel

not him but I'm on i5 2500k OC to 4.66ghz and 560 ti, PCSX2 works amazingly

I really actually liked Jean D'arc on PSP.
It was a pretty good game coming down off FFT and still hungry for the tactics.

From best to worst.

>RGB SCART on a PvM/BvM
>RGB SCART on a good upscaler
>RGB SCART on a chink upscaler
>non-RGB high quality options(S-Video, Composite, VGA)
>Composite on a commercial CRT TV
>Good Emulation(SNES, Mega Drive, Wii, Gamecube, PSP)
>Composite on a modern TV with good internal scaling
>Bad Emulation(Saturn, N64, PS2, etc)
>Composite on a modern TV with shit internal scaling
>RF on any TV
>Emulation with filters

/vr/ go away

no one understands your words here

autism

Even a brainlet can understand this, user. Your retro consoles are outputting crispy, crunchy an clear pixels but the cables they come bundled with are very lossy. Wear RGB cables that don't punch every single bit of information through a single wire and suddenly things aren't blurry anymore.

>putting upscalers above CRTs

^this get a ps3 then modded it to hell and back 3 ages of ps + playstore

Its as good as it can be

game?

A properly upscaled game is fine. Choosing between crispy and clean image and original resolution, I'll choose the upscaled and clean option 100% of the time.

Personally I use a budged setup, the #3 on that list. I'd love to upgrade my chink upscaler to an OSSC but that's not for the faint of wallet.

Not only is N64 emulation absolute trash,but PSP and Gamecube emulation utterly shit on it as well

>ps3s emulator is a mess
The boom of it's development had barely started in like the middle of last year or a bit before. Emulator's take years of actual active development to get anywhere. You have to understand these things take time

Yeah dude.

Sure

Soreyuke! BurunyanMan Portable.
Japanese only.

What's the best PSX emulator for using with PGXP?

I used Beetle PSX on Libretro/Retroarch to play through FFVII and some of FFIX, but all the other games I played were buggy as fuck no matter what settings I used, is PCSXR-PGXP good?

>tfw might be able to play RDR at an acceptable framerate + with decent graphics in a year or so

I didn't even know it was possible to use PGXP with anything but PCSXR.

yeah its pretty good on Beetle PSX but either the emulator itself or the emulator + PGXP has a lot of issues with most of the games I tried.

libretro.com/index.php/mednafenbeetle-psx-pgxp-arrives/

>I wanna make my LCD look like a CRT instead of just getting a CRT
DIE FGT

Add Dreamcast to that list.

More importantly, we might finally get some decent mods/mod tools for RDR.

Ppsspp now has Vulcan support on Android so you can run mh3rd with no lag :)

Is anything playable on RPCS3?

No. Anything post SNES is dogshit aside from dolphin, and even that has some issues.

A few games are.

persona 5 seems to be there from what i saw, RDR on the other hand runs really badly at the moment

>we might finally get some decent mods/mod tools for RDR.
hahahahahah