Why the Playstation 2 have such an ugly design?

It had to pass as a dvd player under non-gaming circumstances.

implying you didnt think it was cool when you unwrapped a game at home and the disc was shiny blue

I like it

>PS2
>sleek
>simple
>aged fine

>Dreamcast
>ugly
>round
>looks like a fischer price toy
>definitely belongs in the 90's

I would say the Xbox Hueg was the ugliest console from that gen. None of them were lookers though.

The design still holds today.

the first time i opened a playstation game the disc was black and i thought someone ripped me off by putting a sticker on a piece of worthless plastic.

>aged fine

I got my roommate one and the piece of shit's disc reader laser is off center. After looking it up online, it's a common issue with the PS2.

I liked the way the Dreamcast looked but fuck that controller, uncomfortable ugly piece of shit. Are there any 3rd party controllers available for it?

And while you were looking it up online, you probably also discovered it's a very easy fix.

...You didn't just throw your hands up and not fix it did you user?

>Looked better
>Was a dvd and cd player
>had more good games

I have 2 different PS2s that are 15 years old and haven't had this problem once.

why the fuck even use a dvd? who actually used this shit when you could find everything on the internet lol

ps2 came out in 2000 little buddy, when your parents hadn't even met yet.

no shit dude... I am not a millenial, born in 99 faggot

>I am not a millenial, born in 99
Anybody born in the 90s is a millennial, you faggot fucking millennial kys

I have a fat and a slim, the fat never works and the slim decides at random

Really, the PS2 has a great library but romanticizing the hardware makes no sense to me, it was always poopy

It's supposed to be reminiscent of the black obelisk in 2001: A space Odyssey.

You never used one.

So are you.

what the fuck this has to be bait

>didnt live in time of absense of digital media
>can't imagine time before internet being in every home
>born in 99 yet denies being a millenial

Anyone who was in their youth by the time 2000 hit is a millenial
Also being a millenial doesn't have anything to do with this, you're just a fucking retard

The posting age on Sup Forums should be changed to 25+. Even the 15 year olds a decade ago were less obnoxious and stupid than the 18~20 year olds we have online today.