Japan has sold out of Switch games

>Japan has sold out of Switch games

>Japanese Internet commentators are reporting that they are having difficulty in finding Nintendo Switch games both offline and online.

>On Amazon Japan, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and countless other games have completely sold out. They are currently on back-order, estimated to arrive in the next 1 to 4 weeks.

>A quick look at Yodobashi Camera shows The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 have completely sold out across all 23 locations, but replenishments are expected to arrive soon. Pokken Tournament DX is expected to run out soon as it’s still available at 7 locations.

nintendosoup.com/now-nintendo-switch-games-suffering-shortages-japan/

When was the last time you had to worry about the standard edition of a game being sold out?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.ign.com/articles/2018/01/04/nintendo-switch-now-the-fastest-selling-home-console-in-us-history
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Neokikeshitendo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Japan

>nintendosoup

>1-2 Switch

Japan doesn't count, only America and Europe does.

Sony ALWAYS wins.

>modern nintendo
>knowing how to meet demand ever

>When was the last time you had to worry about the standard edition of a game being sold out?

Pokemon Ruby/Saphire
I was in 4th or 5th grade then
And now I'm 25

And we've shifted from "collecting dust on store shelves" back to "artificial scarcity" again.

buy digital

>only America and Europe does.

>Nintendo Switch Now the Fastest-Selling Home Console in US History

>Nintendo has announced that the Switch is now the fastest-selling home console in the US, shifting 4.8 million units in 10 months.

>In a press release, the company said that the figure beat its own record with the Wii, which sold 4 million units in the same period.

uk.ign.com/articles/2018/01/04/nintendo-switch-now-the-fastest-selling-home-console-in-us-history

Digital copies are selling out too

The madman finally found his place.

>When was the last time you had to worry about Nintendo creating artificial demand?

Thanks for reassuring me that Switch sales were going well. I have been stressed out all day wondering how much money my favorite game company was making.

When Nintendo does well do you feel like you are being attacked?

>People have been clamoring for a GC controller adapter
>Let's make 12
>This OoT remake is gonna be huge
>Let's make 12
>People want analog triggers
>Let's never put them in anything
Some day I really hope they get their shit together, I grew up with Nintendo but they've been the backup console for years now.

Good luck trying to beat Sony's 70 million consoles sold.

this

WAIT I MEANT ONLY EUROPE COUNTS.
Yes, only Europe counts. Haha suck it Nintenbro!

This was launch

>Some day I really hope they get their shit together
Imagine saying this

OoT remake was not only not huge (I guess it kind of was since it came out back when the 3DS had like two games worth buying) but it didn't have supply issues at all as I recall

>backup console
They've literally been TRYING to be a console you own on the side regardless since the Wii

Wow. One game.

I don't think Xenoblade Chronicles 2, ARMS, and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 were launch titles.

>Japan doesn't count! Only US does!
>Switch fastest selling console in the US
>US doesn't count! Only Europe does!

I want to see them fall so hard that they come begging to Sony to release their games on the Playstation.

I mean it, 100%.

Thought you were talking about the image my bad

>Neokikeshitendo makes artificial shortage of software and hardware
>shit sells out
>Neokikeshitendo makes official press release "HURRFFF DURRRF IT SELLS LIKE HOTCAKE BUY NOW OR IT'S TOO LATE!"
>japs being radioactive mutants with brain damage and shit taste spend 5 days in line just to get a lottery ticket for the chance of getting one of 5 last switches in whole of Godzillastan
>all of Japan news report this because there is fuckall to report because the country is so boring, dull and spiritually dead that hundreds of thousands of Japs can't take it any more and kill themselves each year. In other news: daily hurricanes, earth quakes and Mothra attacking whale fishing boats
>artifical hype creates itself

If you think about it those slit eyed gook kikes are genius.

>artificial demand

>fastest selling console in history

Something doesn't add up

>nogamestation literally begging for Nintenkiddie games

Nice strawman, bud. Your article is from 1 week after the Wii U's release, while we're talking about Switch sales figures still going strong 10 months later.

You sound like a desperate fanboy e.g. pic related.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Neokikeshitendo/

Are you posting from a timeline where their last 2 consoles didn't come with 32gb HDs?

DS OoT sold ~5 million copies and while it didn't have upfront supply issues it got scarce very quickly. They could afford to try harder with their consoles, I haven't turned on my WiiU in months. I'm not even looking at a Switch right now because I know Nintendo's going to release a better version soon just like they always do.

That really depends on how they approach it, the portables tend to get superior revisions but the consoles tend to stay the same or get revisions that make them cheaper but inferior.

>Home Console
>Switch
Fake news based on deliberately calling your handheld tablet a home console, so the numbers look good instead of comparing it to its direct competitors. I.e. Nintendo's former handhelds and Apple's tablets. But Nintendo will never do that as the numbers would suddely look atrocious.
This is the equivalent of comparing laptops to pcs. It's a dishonest and quite frankly desperate marketing stunt by Nintendo.

>Are you posting from a timeline where their last 2 consoles didn't come with 32gb HDs?
Oh, you are one of those guys. Lol. Enjoy your movie games.

>The only people who need space for games and data are people who don't play games

>so the numbers look good instead of comparing it to its direct competitors
>why the fuck doesn´t nintendo compare the switch to ds, 3ds, gba, gb(c)??
>FUCK NINTENDO FOR FAKE NEWS

lol
Do you even know what you're talking about? The 3DS first year was so slow they felt the need to give it a pricecut, while Switch kept the pace at full price. And fucking apple tablets, how are they relevant at all here?

europe never counts. The nintendo just doesn't count. It's a baby's toy.

Tell them to come to Australia. We still have mountains of that garbage sitting on shelves and sale bins.

Sup Forums doesn't count too

>Xeboblade 2 is sold out
Please.can someone confirm if this is true? Game didn't make into last week media sales.

Unstoppable!

so you intentionally choose to be retarded instead of going by common sense? congratulations, this press release was specifically tailored towards people like you who like to be told sweet lies.
this is why you will never amount to anything in life.

It was ranked 22 in the Media Create top 50 for the pre-Christmas week. They only show numbers for the top 20, but with the 20th place entry showing 15,916 sales, Xenoblade 2 probably wasn't much less than that.

Media Create for last week was delayed for the holidays, but it's going to be posted on the 9th.

holy shit
how is this happening?

lol. PS4 couldn't even outsell the 3DS

>artificial scarcity

lmao

Just wow, this is peak seething

user, i dont care about your conspiracy theories. Even if you were right why does it matter? Outpacing every home console still means the Switch is successful enough. The 3DS never managed to beat the DS and it never mattered, it was still healthy business meaning i still got games to play

I think the more apt question is, why is this only happening in Japan? Europe has never had Switch supply problems and they ended in the US around August.

You are aware that those are all empty cases anyway, right?

That is good, most of the ganes in the top 20 that week were old entries voosted by Christmas sales.

If you want Nintendo to compare the Switch to Apple product sales, maybe you should ask Sony to start comparing the PS4 to sales of desktop computers first.

Its been like this there all year OP.

I went to Japan in the summer, actually ended up buying a pro controller at Yodobashi Camera. I couldnt even find the controller in the first one I went to in Kyoto, there were three left at the one in Osaka where I got mine.

Every store had a calendar showing exactly when the next shipment would arrive and people were lining up for lottery numbers for a chance to purchase one of the new ones.

I would say the shortages they have there have actually been infinitely worse then the shortages state-side.

Christmas discounts pushed the top 20 bar too high for full-price Xenoblade to reach. It'll probably be back next week.

How is that even possible?

He means the eShop codes that sites and stores sell, they don't have an infinite amount. Of course you can always buy a game digitally if you add money to the eShop and buy the game yourself.

You'll see them occasional in western stores too, I remember seeing eShop cards for full games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

There is only so much data in the world and the eShop has been selling out of theirs. They need to invent more before more digital copies can be sold

#WINNING

There are terms and conditions to digital sales as well, sometimes those come with certain negotiated quantities of keys and the like. If they run out, they have to renegotiate before more keys can be generated.

Also, if they're talking eshop codes so the credit-fearing and the like can buy too, of course there's a finite amount of them.