What's your ideal healing system in vidya?

What's your ideal healing system in vidya?

NONE

NO HEALING
PERMADEATH
HAHAHA (haha)

i was always fond of herbs

Thanks doc

you rape virgin lolis with your vampiric schlong

Fast constant regen segments with invulnerability on segment break. Nearly impossible to avoid attacks won't "damage" you unless you get hit by enough at once to overcome the regen but easy to avoid attacks will take off a segment instantly.

Shit tier
>health pack
>pills
>spray
>food

Good tier
>bacta
>energy balls
>glowing green orbs

Great tier
>blood
>spines
>jumping blue plus signs

;^)

Healing self or friends as a dedicated healing class be it magic or a med kit. I hate health pack systems

Same

Elder god tier
>must be raped to regain mana

Left 4 dead 2.
All players can carry 1 medkit and either 1x pain pills for 50 temporary health or 1x adrenaline shot for 25 temporary health and a short speed boost.
Medkits can be used on self or allies, pills and adrenaline can be used on self or passed to a teammate who don't have either.

Dedicated healing roles are anti-fun, especially in games where human players fight human players.

>eat a hotdog, %100HP
>drink a soda pop, %100HP

A medic that needs to drag/carry the wounded to safety and then perform a treatment mini-game, think something like Trauma Center

absorbing health through dealing damage

Aid spray.

grabbin peels

Segmented regen + carryable health items

danke herr doktor

Slow regen, fast consumable health.

bandages and limb damage

i wish this was in more games
i loved snake eater and outbreak's health system

Colored half spheres that exist infinitely at their spawn points, but you can only carry one of each at a time. They stack up until you get the missing piece of one, which then consumes both halves along with every half sphere in between them, healing you based on how many got consumed. They stack on top if you start with a bottom half, and stack on bottom if you start with a top half.

that's not abstract enough

This.

>GET SOME BACTA ON THAT WOUND SOLDIER

None, percentage based death based on the weapon/object/effect

no health regeneration during battle phases
health automatically goes back to 100% instantly after the battle phase is over

this is the only way to ensure truly balanced experience for every encounter

agreed. even better with a medic system/minigame where you can fireman carry/drag wounded teammates to safety and apply various medicines.

Why does nearly no game use fast regeneration?

because regen is for cheesy trashcans and if you want to cheese you should at least suffer for it

>no healing
>protag has incredible mobility
>realistic damage
>one slice of sword u die
>one bullet to upper body/head u die

arcade style food drops
games that reward you for doing shit on a magic pixel of Health like Crisis Mode in KIU

>full realism
>real-time drug effects and healing
>if hospitalized, you must leave the game running for weeks or months before having access to the game again
>spine injuries or brain injuries cause permanent effects that persist through reinstalling the game
>if your character was raped as a child, you will experience flashbacks whenever you smell something that reminds you of the rapist
>realistic diarrhea physics
>you can have sex with animals including black women
>fun STD minigame when you squeeze puss out of your various infections

I like the extremes. I loved DayZ's super in depth healing system that requires you to diagnose what is wrong with some one and then apply healing with specialized treatment. It is for this reason that I recommend Space Station 13 to anyone who wants to try to give involved medical care in vidya.

If I don't feel like healing then I'm fine with health pickups or consumables. Never cared for regen though.

None. You are invincible and revive yourself to full health in incredibly flashy and stylish manners through a minigame of some kind whenever your health falls to 0.

Dying in rapid succession makes the minigame get harder until it's all but impossible, but if you're good enough, you can theoretically keep getting back up.

The only way to "regain" health is to save face after being damaged by inputting a specific command to turn your folly into a stylish maneuver, like Wonderful 101 or Viewtiful Joe.

>>realistic diarrhea physics
now this is what i call a selling point

Unironically? Pausing to heal.

baDORbat fTSssss. Tsiprrurrurrurrurrurrurrurr eeurt

Drinking Water in Prince of Persia.

No contest