Final Fantasy XV has bombed

Final Fantasy XV has bombed.

Discuss.

Waiting until the "complete edition" releases. Ill buy it then.

>Game sold millions
>Bombed
pick one

>7 Million copies sold
>bombed

LMAOING @ ur lyf OP

The game is more than a year old.

>less then 1000 yen
>(less then $10)

Why didnt he just write 980 yen or $ 9,80?

>complete edition
>still incomplete
>actually putting money down on this turd

?
The actual game isn't completed or something? Someone fill me in cause I never payed attention to this game.

Do some research, jackass.

Square, and many other third parties, consider units 'shipped' to stores sold. This is a major reason as to why games like Street Fighter V can sell two million units despite no one buying them.

The fact that brand new copies of one of the biggest releases of 2015 which STILL gets constant updates is selling for LESS than ten dollars is very indicative of how poorly it is doing.

because 980 yen is 8 dollars and 60 cents

I just decided to play the game after hearing everyone shit on it for a year, and went in with decently low expectations. I'm still playing it, I find it very good and fun to play even as someone who generally hates open world games

they're still actively releasing DLC, and they have a whole bunch more to go.

That is entirely possible if the budget was too high and the profit cuts from the sales are too low.
And wile I don't have any access to sale figures, I do know that Squeenix has a hard time to properly budget their titles, especially those that are very long in development. The development of FFXV was a real clusterfuck, it switched the director atleast once if not twice, it started out as an entirely different game on an entirely different engine, all the good shit.
Similar things are happening to FFVIIR and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Good, it was a terrible game.

Held out for the PC version myself.
Not that I every had much interest in it.

>mfw a fucking second season pass on the way

not worth buying without an iris or areana romance route and alternative endings. square enix can get fucked, their brand is still tarnished. I bet persona 5 PS3 retain higher value right now too.

>imagine being so assblasted you write a blog to defend yourself

Sounds like someone we all know..

I didn't even play FFXV though, I just randomly came in to talk about that Squeenix is an incompetent publisher. The game may have very well been a success.

It hasn't been, although no one wants to admit it for some reason.

Not my point. I pondered why the guy wrote 1000 yen when it says 980

He wrote less than 1000. It's just a matter of speech.

its a single player game that came out more than a year ago this is normal

Just like XIII, it sells well upon release then people realise how shit it is.

Not really, its a matter of overcomplicating.

unless you're nintendo

Is the game even worth 10 dollars?

>not worth buying without an iris or areana romance route
>persona5

end yourself waifu faggot

Do you need a hug? Why are you so mad over a game's success?

No.

>units shipped are units sold
Look at this retard and laugh.

>pay to play
No thank you

The game sold 5M copies on day one
then it took one entire year to sell 1.5M more
ùIt's obvious what happened

I wanted to get this, but all the updates threw me off. I' ll wait till the game is done.

>caring about weeb shit

News flash, language is not entirely rational.

Maybe if Japs stop being so faggy with their games, people would take then seriously.

Nobody wants to play as college students or a boy band.

bethesdas cheapest game on PSN is $15 LOL im glad this piece of shit bombed and i hope SE realizes that they need to return to Square 1

as someone who never gave a shit about any final fantasy game (unless you consider KH as a final fantasy game for some reason), why did it bombed?

Was the game really that fucking bad? I know square enix suckass but i wasn't expecting this to bomb so hard, even though i remember final fantasy 13 and the it's followups to not do very well either.

>that spacing
You have to go back

The real question here is

Was it better than XIII?

It's coming out on PC soon, literally nobody will buy it for a shittier platform after that.

Autism.

>game released over a year ago is dirt cheap

SQUARE IS FINISHED

both equally ignored by me so yea

t. FF fan from square soft era

It wasn't bad. Just an egregious example of an unfinished game being pushed out, after being vaporware for close to 10 years.

Good luck with your condition.

>Was the game really that fucking bad?
If you take in account the 10 years of wait, the absurd amount of trailers that at the end weren't in the game, the obvious poor content in the final release, the nonsensical story (mostly due to the pacing and the presentation of a toon of elements that are never explored), the crazy amount of different merchandises around the project (from an actual car to a perfume), the whole "ffxv universe" where you need to watch a movie and an anime to understand the story of the main game (which at the end doesn't matter because almost everything that's introduced is not explored in the game). And probably a bunch of stuff that i forgot (of course the shit gameplay) then yeah the game was pretty fucking bad

>Getting your feelings hurt over punctuation

Holy shit, stupid people really do get offended by things that they do not understand.

Stop being such an idiot.
Oristypinglikethismoreyourthingmaybeeveryoneshouldusethisretardedformatjusttopleaseyousinceyouaresuchaficklebaby

FFXV is more open, but is literally unfinished

FFXIII is a hallway simulator that only opens up at the very end.

Nonetheless, XIII is a much more focused experience, that actually seems like it ended where it should have. So it's better.

i just realized SE has a shitload of money and oldtimers are just making shit they like for themselves

only faggots think it was good, just fucking look at it.

B L A S T E D

>accuses others
>saves thumbnails
Top tier bait

give me a basic gestalt about final fantasy XV

it's coming to PC and I wanna know if its shit or actually decent. Everything I've seen and heard suggests that it's around XIII levels of meh

Neither is overcomplicating, execpt when you are retarded like the guy who made the tweet.

It's hard to say. It's open world is and, and it's hallways parts are much worse than XIII. I prefer XIII's combat, but they're both bad games.

Yes, you are.
Keep crying, the world isn't going to change for you, green haired fatty.

If you catch it now after ALL of the dlc and shit is released then yeah, it's a mediocre game.

>my cold steel switch katana is faster than any trigger finger

ok but im standing ten feet away from you can you outrun a bullet

Do not spend money on this game. That's all I have to say.

>biggest releases of 2015
>2015
>isn't selling well three years later
wow who would have thought

>Do some research jackass.
Yeah do some research. FFXV is one of the top 3 played games in Japan since release.

>being this autistic

please fucking die

>that actually seems like it ended where it should have
Until sequels got released and revealed that the end of the game wasn't actually the end of the plot.

i’m not surprised, everyone knows that all new game sales happen in the games first week in japan. this far into the game’s life i’m not surprised since most people already bought it or are buying it used. japan is very different from the west.

The cold steel katana switchblade is spring loaded, you gajin fool.

They stopped making good FF games after IX.

Nothing else to say. It has been discussed a billion times on Sup Forums, and the conclusion has always been that the merge between Enix and Square fucked up the franchise.

/thread

Didn't this game come out in November 2016? It's January 2018

FF used to be one of the greatest
What the fuck went wrong?

Why is everyone sperging out at this post? I don't get it.

Okay, so if Japan matters than the Nintendo Switch is absolutely destroying the ps4?
Okay, got it.

Nintendo won!

see

>FF used to be one of the greatest
FF has always been casualshit, casualshit can't be great, it's the FIFA of the RPG genre.

Theres 3 boxes of Overwatch being sold 5euros in my local shop.

The Spirits Within.

You mean after 8? Cause 9 was trash and DQ shits all over it

FF was literally the games that got Japan recognized on the international scene. Nothing has come close to the franchise. Educate yourself before you speak again.

More people like FFX than IX though, IX was shit.

>FF used to be one of the greatest
>What the fuck went wrong?

FF hasn't been great since the Enix merger

>user states facts
>no ur autist
That's the problem with this board - showing any sign of intelligence above the average shitposting memester gets user branded as "autistic ."

>FF was literally the games that got Japan recognized on the international scene.
LOL

But I love X. Its the best combat system. It really shine in the arena

>The merger of Square and Enix?

And why did that happen?

Oh, because of the movie bombing. But why was the movie made?

Because Sony paid for it. Just as they paid for Final Fantasy VII back in the day.

This is really something that I think should be talked about more often on Sup Forums in general, but the decline of Final Fantasy seems to have started IMMEDIATELY after they became Sony exclusive.

Keep in mind VII did not start development as Playstation exclusive, but a N64DD game. That does not count.

>VIII, the first FF game built from the ground up for the Playstation, is a complete mess with an incoherent plot, terrible mechanics, and half assed ideas.
>IX was barely marketed and released AFTER X WAS ANNOUNCED. Square wanted to focus on X because it was more mature and sophisticated.
>X is X. It was the last gasp of relevancy for the franchise. Despite all of its problems it's still a classic.
>Everything since, EVERYTHING SINCE, has been complete and irredeemable shit

You motherfuckers still bitch and whine about Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but ignore the fact that games like X-2 and XIII exist.

Been through this in countless threads, and the verdict has always been that IX was the last great FF. You can be contrarian all you want, but that's how it is. Sorry.

FF was never consistently great, there were always better jrpg series. What FF has is infinite budget, which allowed it to market itself as THE jrpg series to the casual audience.

But XII is the best FF...

I've been in more threads than you obviously.

This: 12,5 and 6 are the best ones

>FF was literally the games that got Japan recognized on the international scene
You mean the one that gave japanese RPGs a bad reputation for being casual cinematic trash that is barely even a RPG.
It's still casualshit, and don't tell me to educate myself when I'm older than you fucking retard.

SMT is the most casual jrpg series though.

The Persona spinoff is, sure.

Story : 6-7-10-4
Gameplay : 10-5-6-8

>the Dark Souls of Persona
>casual

No, I mean the one that made people actually give a fuck about Japan and their games. Grow up and seek some knowledge, fatso.

>SMT is the most casual jrpg series though.
If it is then why isn't it selling millions of copies like FF?

You mean Street Fighter?

I imagine because it explains a really common trend with Playstation and Xbox excluisves right now. They can sell millions of units, but they can't really be considered successful BECAUSE of how quickly they drop in value.

For those of you memeing about how FFXV is cheap now because it's an 'old' game, consider this.

>DLC is still being released regularly
>There IS NO SEQUEL.
>The reputation of Final Fantasy as a whole is very likely in jeopardy because of this string of retarded decisions
>It's only a year old

Games like BOTW and Mario Odyssey will likely be sold at full price for years. Not because Nintendo are jews, like so many like to believe, but because those games are well worth the asking price and everyone involved knows it.

The only, ONLY reason why games like FFXV sell millions of copies is due to nostalgia blinded fanboys who had been hyped for this release since 2008.

>SMT is the most casual jrpg series though.