GC or Wii U?

GC or Wii U?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRZEFXE2zU4
youtube.com/watch?v=zIiijEKOFtU
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-QhB6fVw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which version is better if never played WW?

GC original.

Wii U

Any reason?

I played the Wii U version and it was pretty good, I never played the GC version

WiiU remake ruins the celshading by literally NOT using celshading at all, but instead faking it with (over Bloomed) deferred shading. Shit looks washed out and plain flat at best, and literally like claymodel animation at worst.
A lot of gameplay stuff was also cut or streamlined for modern ADHD kids who think that sailing is "2boring".

Wii U. Cuts out on some of the late game grind for the triforce shards and the swift sail for the boat just makes it a lot more efficient to get around. Also, the gamepad just makes switching out equipment and items that bit less annoying.

>speeding up travel time and not having to keep rechanging wind direction is a bad thing
It's literally just a quality of life improvement. There was no skill involved in changing wind direction, no challenge. It was just another set of actions to sit through.

...did you make this thread yourself just to post this? About the art that's all arguable, but the gameplay part, are you the same user repeating this lie/exaggeration over and over again? What the hell was cut? Adding a slightly faster sail ruins the game how?

You already got quick-travel function in original game, and only a moron would NEED to change the wind direction ALL THE TIME.
And should I remind you about the name of the game?

>Adding a slightly faster sail ruins the game how?
That's not all of the cuts and streamlines, but obviously you're just one of the target audiences of these ADHD children these (further) casualized remakes are aimed to.
I bet that the obligatory next gen batch of Zelda remakes will finally introduce the "skip bossfights" button morons have been demanding.

do you want a bloom & blur "HD" remake, or actual celshading cartoon experience?

Pc emulator

Can someone explain to me how the wind was handled in the original game? Because i see people saying you had to change it all the time, but I've (only) played the HD version and obviously you have to change direction there too to suit your needs. Like, did the wind just suddenly stop on it's own originally?

How mad and autistic do you have to be to keep making these threads and posts?

>Can someone explain to me how the wind was handled in the original game?
You "play" your Wind Waker song, then choose one of the 8 compass directions, and the wind will keep on blowing that way, until you change it.

>How mad and autistic do you have to be to keep making these threads and posts?
I don't "make these threads", no idea where you got that idea. OP asked a question, I gave him my take, which is that the HD port is inferior in almost all possible ways.
It's (You) who's at fault here, having only played the butchered port and thinking you're some kind of hotshot.

Well, I'm confused then, that's exactly what you do in the HD version too

Because
>equip wind waker
>BONG BING BONG
>BOOOOONG BIIIIIING BOOOOOOONG
>YOU PLAYED THE SONG OF FARTS
>compass comes up
>select direction
>cut scene animation of Tard Link watching in wide eyed wonder as the wind changes for the millionth time
>now you can play again

Every time you needed the wind to be in a different direction the entire game

Wii U version is better in every way including art style. The ambient lighting for example when you pass by flames is so pretty, and the effect bloom has on the game is massively overstated and framed as a bad thing when it’s really not. It gives the game a really oceanic atmosphere and greatly improves on the “vastness” of the game’s world. Makes areas dealing with heat a lot more intense feeling as well. I’m definitely in the minority with that though. Also the QoL adjustments like quick sail and triforce quest simplicity trim a bit of the fat which makes actual exploring feel more fun and less of a grind.

yes, which is why I don't understand HD shills claiming it to be "totally fixed" in the WiiU port. All it really adds is FASTER traveling, cuts down the number of triforce pieces, and allows you to take way more photos + develop more sculptures at once. I think you could also have more spoils.

And these are the modern ADHD generation that can't deal with anything but MTV pacing.

The wind direction and speed sail "features" were just taken from a gecko code for the original.

Faster sailing has been added to Wind Waker HD: The Swift Sail is an upgraded canvas sail in Wind Waker HD with a red insignia that speeds up all the boat-based travel, allowing players to quickly steer and sail in any direction regardless of the wind. The Swift Sail can be won at the Auction House for around 300 rupees. It only becomes available after you complete the first dungeon, Dragon Roost Cavern. However, there won’t be an alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sail's availability

>bloom
>"improving" something
yeah, no.
it's amazing how someone can be a literal apologist for literal butchering of distinct art style. The shading on WiiU makes the game plain ugly.

They fixed a few things on wiiu, and the graphics are better in my opinion, but you can only play with gamepad wich its absolute garbage.
So i guess they are tied.

Every generation can't deal with it, because it was even worse than playing the Ocarina in the N64 games. At least you can choose how fast you play the Ocarina.

The Wind Baton had more than one feature. Face it, it was just a streamlined feature and nothing of value was lost.

You're actually so wrong, but that's cool. Enjoy your lack of cel-shading and washed out colors while sensible people play the original and mod the visuals to perfection.

Mh, so the only real change is that now the waker has a dedicated button and after the first time the BOOOONG BIIING BOOOONG cutscene won't play again?

How is that a big deal, ADHD-kun ? Sounds like you just want to cry about "muh secondaries" and how things were better back in your days or whatever, which were mine too I'm assuming btw

I literally think that the Wii U version literally added a literal feel to how far away something is which literally added a huge feeling of depth and atmosphere which I love in a game about sailing. GC WW is beautiful too, but even in your screenshot the island is far away but still retains all of its color that would normally have been effected by atmosphere at that distance.

Even in this screen I think the wii U’s colors are more vibrant and beach-y, and I like the glow from the sky. It’s pretty

At top speed, it takes almost exactly 60 seconds to sail from one island to an adjacent one in the original. Since the map is a big square, you only ever need to change direction twice at most to get from one island to any other, and it takes less than 30 seconds to do that. It really is ADHD kiddies who meme about it taking too long, nothing else

Do you have eye cancer? They're just muted and the cel-shading is gone.

>I just love WWHD's bloom because it smears the distance up
You can smear the distance up in WW original too, normally Dolphin removes that blur though because it looks terrible.

I was one of what seems like the few people that didn't have a problem with the sailing in Wind Waker. I enjoyed turning the camera around and taking in the scope of the game. But with that being said, convenience isn't a bad thing. It's not ruining the core experience of the game.

user, nobody's saying the old game was unplayable or something, the HD version streamlined that stuff which is objectively an improvement. You went from "the changes are shit" to "the changes don't matter but I'm mad because people like them", again, it feels like you're being bitchy for the sake of it. Take your meds

You keep posting the same handful of pictures, judging from your cherrypicking one could think the game has no sun or something

>WiiU remake ruins the celshading by literally NOT using celshading at all
That's completely wrong. It still uses celshading but add some additional shading, with the intensity depending on where you are.
Also that screenshot is a comparison of Wind Waker GC and Wind Waker GC, aimed at tricking you into thinking WWHD looks like that garbage on the right. What a dishonest person you are.

You can cherry pick and stand out of direct sunlight for screenshots if you want, that doesn’t make it an accurate representation of the art style. Of course there will be instances because of the consistent dynamic lighting where facing a certain direction or standing under something that would have been vibrant in GC would be shaded in Wii U, but in direct sunlight you get a similar amount of high contrast just like the GC version.

>posting identical comparisons, that are not dynamic as they're from the start of the game, is cherry picking now
So what's it like being retarded?

I'm not super opposed to the faster sailing, even though none of the people I knew IRL who played this game ever complained about it. It always seemed to me like people were just parroting the complaint they heard game journos making. I take more issue with the fact that they cut content because some people found it "too difficult", like just giving you the deluxe picto box instead of having to prove yourself to Lenzo first or cutting down the number of triforce charts because some people didn't get the treasure hunting mechanic.

Who are you talking to? He asked a question and I answered it

Yes, the start of the game underneath the tower where you get Aryll’s telescope. Which is shaded because you’re under a roof. It’s like you’re trying to be retarded on purpose.

>the cel-shading is gone.
See Where do you see the gradients on link? It goes from light color to a darker one immediately. Stop being blind and retarded.

What are you even trying to argue? I've posted 3, all are examples of the remake looking like shit and fucking up colors and adding bloom.

>his face
>his hair
Notice the roundness? It's hilarious how you're calling me a retard.

do you want a selfie stick, or no selfie stick?

Yeah being able to spend less time sailing on big empty nothing and occasionally running over rupee barrels really removed a lot of content, it's basically the same as a skip bosses button. What was Nintendo thinking?

I genuinely believe that the Wii U screenshot looks better here. Light vibrant colors with an ocean atmosphere behind her. Only thing worse is the clouds in this screen, but the clouds shift a lot more in Wii U iirc than GC so I’m fine with that.

Sorry about your eye cancer.

>>his face
>>his hair
>Notice the roundness?
Yes i do, what about it? How does that disprove it using cel shading?
Look at the screenshot you just posted, Ariel is shaded the same way. It does have very slight additional shading, but the cel shading is still very much there and the main source of shadow.
I'm calling you a retard because you claim the cel chading has been completely removed while posting proof that it hasn't.

Wii U and it isn't even close user.

i never repurchased this on wii U but every time I see these "HD" bloom blur's..... it triggers me.

Wrong. I play exclusively with the Pro Controller on games that allow it and this is one of them.

I didn't claim that, I admit I'm exaggerating but you know what I'm talking about obviously.

I don't even hate bloom, but they overdid it and fucked up the colors.

Put the tri-force shard quest was shit user. Having to grind rupees was asinine.

>I didn't claim that,
Yes you did.
> I admit I'm exaggerating but you know what I'm talking about obviously.
Well, now that you're backtracking, i don't really know what you're claiming anymore. That the additional shading is too much?

Also, out of curiosity, did you play the Wii U version?

>Having to grind rupees
They get spat out like fucking candy by the jars before every dungeon boss/triforce chart/patch of grass

they definitely improved on the details and quality, but they seriously fucked up the lighting. the original would look better with a bit of anti-aliasing though. I know I'm nitpicking, but it's good practice to put the older version on the left for comparisons

the fucked up colors are more to do with the wii u's limited rgb range than the use of bloom

That's OCD or a weird preference, not a nitpick.

What?

GC

While most of the shit HD changed is actually kind of nice, none of it is really that big of a deal and definitely isn't worth making the game like like fucking dogshit.

>Should I play the game in SD or HD?

The answer is obvious, it's actually amazing how good the HD version looks for a port of a Gamecube game. A lot of times it looks better than BotW.

The real question is whether you should play it at all. The game is tedious as fuck and the puzzles are brainlet tier.

can't find a comparison for WW specifically, but here's an example of what I mean using bayonetta showing the wii u's limited rgb range.
youtube.com/watch?v=xRZEFXE2zU4

In loads of games, the 360 had increased contrast compared to the PS3 as well. There are loads of colorful games on the Wii U, dunno what the hell you're getting at.

literally google "limited rgb range wii u" ya fucking moron

Why? So I can read a bunch of nonsense? TP HD didn't have this issue.

>2018
>not playing GC games with Dolphin

>The game is tedious as fuck and the puzzles are brainlet tier.
So exactly like every other Zelda game ever?
Except of course the best one, Zelda II

It's not just the swift sail that speeds it up the wind waker song recital animations only play once per game start in wwhd

yes it did, all wii u games did.

Some of the most colorful Nintendo games are on the Wii U.

obviously not wii u footage here, but what is shown still applies.
youtube.com/watch?v=zIiijEKOFtU

>yes it did
Also no it didn't, those 2 versions are basically identical.

SweetFX improves 99.9% of all games, this applies to Wind Waker of all games.

you didn't even watch the video

Yeah I did.

oh, then you'll know the limited rgb range is responsible for games looking washed out on the system

>just crank up the colors on your tv bro
This still wouldn't help WWHD, again what the hell are you talking about?

I never said that you utter retard, all I've been saying this entire time is WHY it looks washed out. Cranking up saturation won't help much at all, this is simply a limitation that the wii u has since no full range option is provided.

Yes that's exactly what you said. Problem with Wii/Switch games looking washed out? Adjust your TV settings to Full Color -- wow it's so colorful now!! Just like Gamecube games!

>Yes that's exactly what you said
no it fucking isn't, stop putting words into my mouth. In fact, why don't you quote where I allegedly said this if it is "exactly" what I said? You can't adjust to full color as the wii u does not support it, at all. Were you dropped on your head user?

>A lot of gameplay stuff was also cut or streamlined for modern ADHD kids who think that sailing is "2boring".
Shitty things improved is bad. The literal reason it took so long to get anywhere on the GCN was because the system couldn't handle it. They gave you a faster sail on the Wii U port becuase that console could handle it. They literally said this.

Televisions do support it though? Are you high?

the wii u does NOT support full rgb range. Holy fuck you cannot seriously be this dense.

Unless you're an autist about coloration, Wii U is the way to go.

And?

and that is why wii u games are all washed out compared to other systems set to full range. I even linked a video before showing the difference between full range and limited range, which you probably didn't watch and ended up confusing yourself by pretending to know what I was talking about.

>TPHD basically identical to TP
>has more color in a lot of areas
>splatoon is colorful as fuck
>mario is colorful as fuck
It's like you're trying to be retarded.

Regardless, the colors are washed out and chagned in WWHD. This has nothing to do with the limited RGB, example was posted here

>It's like you're trying to be retarded.
right back at ya, buddy. I can't explain it any clearer than I already have. Especially in that botw video that goes into detail and even shows you the difference clear as day between limited and full range. You're just outright delusional at this point.

That difference is like applying a Sweetfx. It's just a filter.
>dude just crank up the color it's sick

that has everything to do with RGB, note how the left is brighter with crushed blacks - this is exactly what happens when you set to limited range, usually you're supposed to setup your tv to compensate (many tvs have a limited range mode). As I said here the botw vid I linked earlier shows the difference.
I have never once said to "crank up the color", you pulled that quote completely out your ass. I've been saying the fucking opposite for christ sake - there's nothing you can do about the washed out colors and crushed blacks on wii u, it's a side-effect of it only supporting limited range. I am only trying to explain the difference between limited and full range since apparently you were lobotomized.

you, and everyone else citing the "some of nintendo's most colorful games are on the wii u" line of argument, are misunderstanding what color range is.

Wii U all day. I found the GC sailing and wind-changing such a chore. HD version's tweaks make the traveling fun, and its music is also superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-QhB6fVw4

>there's nothing you can do about the washed out colors
Enable full rbg on your TV. aka crank up the color. Bravo being a retard man now stop acting retarded.

>this is the garbage modern nintendo fans watch since they have no games to play

I'd say Wii U just because you can use the gamepad as a map and inventory screen without pausing the game. Also you can plug in headphones to the gamepad to listen to the audio.

you need to enable full-rgb on the wii u system as well for that to actually work, if you enable full rgb on your display but not your console you'll just end up with an extremely dark display. The problem is the wii u does not support full rgb at all. Again, the video I linked like 20 posts ago explains all this but you're too much of a mouthbreather to bother watching it.

You see mad.

I am mad as I'm having to deal with someone too stupid to understand what rgb range is.
>INB4 "i was merely pretending to be retarded!"

Calm down. It's just a garbage looking remaster.

t. brainlet

nice one