Metal Gear Survive: 5 Minutes of Single-Player Gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=eqMIqJDjarg

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20171028081724/https://www.destructoid.com/metal-gear-survive-needs-an-internet-connection-to-survive-469427.phtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to throw up

>Online only game
Lost all interest as soon as I heard this.

>not losing interest the second this shit game was announced

Looks like stupid fun and isn't full price.

Count me in desu

it looks and sounds like f2p korean garbage, where your standards at homie

MGS LUL

it looks bad too

This actually looks kind of fun. Some kind of weird mashup of The Last of Us and Far Cry and Metal Gear Solid 5. I just might buy it if it goes on sale.

Why is this even called metal gear

new mechanics like crafting and base construction look interesting and feel as if they should've been in V from the start (melee weapons, too)

gameplay loop looks like trash, though. Might buy when Monster Hunter loses its charm some 2 years from now

Do we know yet if it just reuses the maps from MGSV?

It actually looks pretty ok, imho. It'd probably have been met with considerably greater success if it was called literally anything but Metal Gear though. You don't even need to change the mechanics or the sound effects or anything, just calling it like I dunno Wormhole Survive or some crap would have much better received.

I kinda dig the mechanic where you can insta-summon fences to stab zombies through. It's just the right flavor of goofy to me.

>Single-Player Gameplay
I thought it's multiplayer-only game?

base building could b cool

What f2p korean game does this resemble?

@402597346
>Some kind of weird mashup of The Last of Us and Far Cry and Metal Gear Solid 5
Strike one.
>anime avatar
Strike two.
Not even gonna quote you.
No (you) for you.

You thought wrong I guess.

Shit eating weeaboo anime fuckheads are the reason this series is dead and Kojima is gone.
Fuck this game, fuck you konami. Fucking disgusting, abhorrent ungrateful cunts that dare make a metal gear game without him.

I mean, can't we all agree that the one thing MGS:V had going for it was the gameplay?

The world might have been boring, and the story shambles, but it played really well.

So why not try to do something with that engine? Especially with all the cut content from V being clearly pasted on.

I guarantee the crafting and basebuilding will have mobile-style timers that you can bypass with MBcoins. They already started doing that with V.

>Anons mad that Konami is trying to salvage the mess Kojima left MGS in

This. Even if you think mgsv sucked you gotta admit it's still a hell of a lot better than this shit.

Fortnite does Dead Rising does Metal Gear.

I'm still really confused as to why they decided to make alternate dimensions a central thing in this game. Even for Metal Gear, it feels a bit weird.

well most of the gameplay we have seen has reused assets, so I would expect the entire map to be just reused afgan from MGSV

I hope it's good and sells really well.

stfu Kojima did nothing wrong. Konami fucked him over and they don't deserve to use the metal gear name. NO KOJIMA NO METAL GEAR

I'd pirate it.

The melee combat looks significantly better than it did in the last several trailers, and that was my biggest gripe with this. I don't totally hate it now.

This is especially funny because Kojima has been trying to leave Metal Gear for years now.

>Shit eating weeaboo anime fuckheads are the reason this series is dead
Holy shit I'm laughing user, thanks
Don't you have to watch some shitty hollywood movies for braindead kids btw? That's what inspires Kojima's work

I don't know if I completely agree about it looking alright but I do think calling it anything but metal gear would have really helped. They could have even gone all out on "MADE IN FOX ENGINE, THE SAME ENGINE AS MGSV" and it wouldn't bother me at all.

>I mean, can't we all agree that the one thing MGS:V had going for it was the gameplay?

Yes, but this is totally different. MGSV is crawling, avoiding enemies, tranquilizing them in the head, maybe CQCing their helmets off first. This is none of that and pure shooting.

Could be shit after a while but at least there is seemingly a ton of new weapons

Is it? The only thing that game had going for it were good controls. Everything else from content to open world to plot were unfinished.

i skipped my way through, do they explain the zombies? why am i not just fighting humans like every other metal gear

>stfu Kojima did nothing wrong.
Fanboys are so blind

>i-it has no sneaking
>we've been shown multiple times that sneaking is important because resources with which to fight are scarce
>trailer begins with sneaking

user please. At least get some arguments that don't make you sound like a fucking retard when you are being a contrarian.

>asset flip MGSV into The Last of Us: Online

No.

The base building looks like what Mother Base should have been. Building Outer Heaven.

Looks like it could be alright, definitely something you'd need friends for. At this point depends on how long the game lasts and whatnot. I was disappointed by MGSV so I don't see how it could realistically get any worse.

To be honest I'm surprised Konami hasn't ditched it and just taken the easy route and made MGSV:PUBG EDITION.

You can't fight whole bunch of humans in survival crafting zombie games, user.

Knowing Konami, there's gonna be bullshit timers thrown in to push Microtransactions

>stfu Kojima did nothing wrong.
Yeah, he only burnt millions of dollars making a shitty open world game with a terrible story before Konami pulled him away and pushed the game to stores.

Well duh. Imagine what you could have had if Kojima wasn't a had that wastes years and millions of dollars trying to add inane details instead of making good games.

Caramel still thinks this is just a ruse.

>Capcom announces new MHW beta/demo on the same dates as MGSurvive's beta
CAPCOM GOING IN FOR THE KILL

>trailer begins with sneaking
>the rest of the 5 minutes is dedicated to complete non sneaking
>instead of sneaking you wormhole in an anti aircraft gun and shoot a zombie horde

Kill yourself you dumb idiot.

The 18th is World's release date.

>retard thinks 5 minutes of sneaking makes a good trailer

Go ahead and watch any other Metal Gear trailer, subhuman poser.

Yeah man, there was so many games from them with that shit

The ruse is true and that's Sigint/Donald Anderson testing a prototype of VR.

>Fucking disgusting, abhorrent ungrateful cunts that dare make a metal gear game without him

Kojima has been begging for them to make a metal gear game without him for the past 15 years

Because it's a spinoff of MGSV

I'm a unbaised person who doesn't worship Kojima's chink cock, I can admit it looks ok.

>not losing interest after MGS2 and the entire series went to total shit

stay pleb fellows

I am so lost right now.
Although I've always had a thing for base building.

>@
>hating anime on Sup Forums

redditer detected :O)

>survival
>crafting
>zombies
>base building
All it needs now is a battle royale mode

why not in the middle east against ISIS?

>survival
>crafting
>zombies
C'mon, it reads like a crappy Early Access game.

they are billions has already proven itself to be the best representation of this concept and as a fucking RTS somehow, how embarrassing.

is this a death stranding tie-in

They must be pissed that since the announcement of this shit heap, the Battle Royale meme era has begun. This shit already looks out dated.

>He had interest
Aw, that's adorable.

Because money

Fortnite didn't have BR when it released either

Looks pretty alright desu.

Get out, shill.

Only BR can make this a really cool thing

Will it have 100 player battle royale ?

It looks so stupid that it might actually be fun. My main concern is the melee gameplay, it looks pretty bad.

They shouldn't have add it instead the gameplay loop should have been
>sneak around the world to try and steal resources because ammo is scarce and only used as a last resource. This is the STEALTH phase.
>all those resources are used and shared with NPC's in the MB where zombie hordes routinely attack. This is the ACTION phase where stealth doesn't matter much.

Instead melee weapons probably give too much power to players so there's hardly any need to stealth around. I sincerely hope the game doesn't force you into combat with melee weapons and is only an alternative for ADHD players. If it this remotely true I will buy it full price, anything for more of that glorious V gameplay.

I don't think this needs BR, especially since the core of the game is like basebuilding and AI fighting. Expanding on that could be good.

Patched in modes would be good but I don't care about BR, just more co-op shit. This wouldn't be the first "metal gear" game to have a co-op Monster Hunter mode.

Oh yeah, this exists

I lost interest when I heard what Konami was doing to their ex employees, I was actually going to give them a chance but not after that.
And this isn't the first time reports have out their behavior towards their employees has come up.

honestly this looks pretty good. all i want to know is if there are bosses

I used to think that the game would ship with it now I understand that it will probably never be developed. It's just too much work to modify the engine to accommodate so much players in such a large landmass. Konami probably doesn't have any of the original engine staff.

this looks like a boss

source?

>it's dead rising

>I lost interest when I heard what Konami was doing to their ex employees,
HAHAHA. Do you make your own shoes? Did you built your own house with your own hands? Did you assemble your phone and computer?
All these peoples are treated far worse than any code monkey in fucking Japan, the most peaceful nation on earth.

Please put in a fucking BR mode. I can't imagine anything more fun than that with MGSV gameplay.

As a Metal Gear fan, I'm pretty angry.

But as a Dead Rising fan, I have a boner.

What are the odds the new weapons and stuff could be extracted from this game and modded into MGS5?

a what mode?

Man fuck all these people asking for BR. How many of the exact same BR game do you need?

Team online co-op needs to be exploited more. We're getting monster hunter, but this should still get a mode like that patched in. PSO >>>>>>>>>>>> PUBG

Battle royale

This, holy shit.

web.archive.org/web/20171028081724/https://www.destructoid.com/metal-gear-survive-needs-an-internet-connection-to-survive-469427.phtml

it's just fortnite

I think they shouldn´t use the name Metal Gear for this.
Just give it a different name and people wouldn´t be fucking mad.

well that's fucking gay. why do they do this? MGSV wasn't AO, all this does is inconvenience people

>Team online co-op needs to be exploited more
I agree, which is why I want to get this. The price also helps.
I'm just worried about the enemy variety. Have they shown any bosses?

you're right, but I'm still not supporting this game because of those reports.

>5 Minutes of Single-Player Gameplay
>only actually 2 minutes
>just a bunch of clips thrown together

because every little detail in the game is on a microtransaction cooldown timer

MGSV did it, but Survive is taking it to the perverse extreme

most assets are being reused. it's not rocket science.

From a gameplay stand point, this looks like an incredible upgrade from base MGSV. However, the game definitely needs more enemies than the ones we've seen so far. I do like the idea of having no trouble with killing everything though, that always upset me about MGS before.

>ISIS
>1975

well it works as a biz standpoint, EA is doing it, Activision is doing it, Blizzard is doing it why not Konami as well?

>reusing assets is bad
>none of the maps we have seen were in previous games

rocket science.

This trailer looks to have a boss, but it's single player.

If there's any multiplayer monster hunter style boss, I haven't seen it.

What were they doing to previous employees?