Why was this even a race?

what do you mean

Imperials are Americans
Bretons are Europeans
Redguard are Africans

remember, totally not cannibals

>Redguard are Africans
>the katana wielding sea faring people are African

Bretons are there because they're the "humans that a good with magic" race even though ancient Nords were good with magic too.

The most worthless fucking race in TES are Imperials. Someone explain what this race of boring shit is, their only interesting thing is Reman. The only thing that happens to Imperials is through deus ex machina Empires keep getting formed in Cyrodiil.

Who are the Bretons?

Theyre scimitars you git. Redguards are literally based on the moors.

>it's a nord going "we wuz" episode
>again

>CURVED SWORDS

Wood Elves > Dark Elves > Nords > Everything else > > > > Bretons.

mad cannibal detected

Why do you faggots have to do this with everything?

Underrated

nords, redguards, and bretons are the only 3 races to get shit done consistently throughout tamrielic history

>being this retarded

its more like
>imperials are south european
>nords are north european
>redguards are african
>bretons are american (56% human, 44% elf)

>even though ancient Nords were good with magic too
Well, Nords are no longer good with magic. Races can change over time, just like in real life.

Kind of like how white people used to be proud warriors who conquered the world but are now soft pussies who hate themselves and spit on everything their ancestors accomplished.

Nords are the racist American fucks

Imperials would be lost without the Nords, it's a fact.

Bretons are natives to Brittany you dumbfucks

>a race based of Scandinavians
>American

Moors were arabs though, not black. Their slaves were black tho

>all the retards ITT
It's Europe you numbskulls, they're even in the same place relative to each other.
>Bretons- obvious
>Nords- also obvious
>Redgaurds- Spanish Moors
>Imperials- Teutons (Germany, etc.)

You are thinking of the akivari or whatever they were called.
They used GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL.
Redguards are basicly blacks with alladin Arabic culture.

That makes them basically America, Korea, and Germany of Tamriel, that isn't really a good thing in those terms.

Care for a drink, user?

imperials are romans.

You're also a retard because every single race in TES pulls from multiple real life cultures.

What about the Dwemer?

>old woman
>watery tart
>did you see him repressing me?

Let's not go there, tis a silly place.

>Nords get shit on for being racist when these beastfolk-enslaving fucks exist.

You're also a retard for deep-diving on racial traits in the first place.
It's like how in Star Wars Greedo was a bounty hunter, and because people aren't creative, that makes rodians "a race of bounty hunters."
All you need are the superficial outlines, going deeper is for Sup Forumstards.

They disappeared, so Native Americans.

nigga they have 50% magic resist. Just add one or two trinkets and you're up to near 100%. With the OP as fuck Aegis daily spell or simply good gear that caps armor, you're unstoppable.

Nord ""racism"" in Skyrim isn't even anywhere near the Dunmer racism from Morrowind

Sumer

Bless you

Not a real life culture (supposedly), but Dunmer are basically Atlantusians.

>Everyone in Africa is black.

As a Bosmer I could just sneak and stab you before you could even distribute level up points.

>elves > anything
Thanks for the laugh

I didn't say shit about the Altmer (foreskin lotion wearing fucks. . . .)

That's right. Got a problem wit it, cracker?

>katana
Scimitar. Both eastern and western Africa were heavy on curved swords. You really think they used only spears? Redguard is definitely Mali or Songhai Africa, but leading towards Mali since they built boats and sent people to explore west (they never returned)

... did they reach america??

Africans will tell you that, but highly doubt it. The only argument is that South America has some plants similar to West Africa.

Well it's possible based on some shit we found last summer in South America, but it could have meant the Africans really came from America.

Sup Forums will flip

WAIT Before the shitposting goes to far, recommend me a NPC face overhaul. I can't stand looking at all the potatoes (if at nothing else how low res they are compared to everything else is off-putting)

Also does Waalax edit NPCs?

Nigger they’re great for a Charisma/Speech build

Oh god
[we wuz kangz n shiet intensifies]

They're definitely the least developed or just the least weird of the TES races.

Character Overhaul Version 2 is good, I used it but I sort of wish that some characters still had a little age to them. Good mod regardless.

>turn everyone into pointy chinned elves
>good

better than fucking vanilla faces

If you don't know anything about the Elder Scrolls, please refrain from posting in this thread.

I figured. Pretty much every culture on Earth has some claim with varying amounts of “evidence” of reaching the Americas before Columbus. I used to really be into far out historical theories.

As a Breton, I could buy your forest and have your favorite tree chopped down for lumber before you could even pull your dick out of it.

Most face mods in Oblivion/Skyrim do that for some reason.

I kinda liked the faces with the big milky mom titties on some of the vanilla characters

As a Bosmer I'd shove a poison apple down your throat without you even waking up and hang your corpse by the balls from the Oblivion gate of Kvatch before the imp fuckers even detect me.

Not if I have an Atronach watching my back.

Remember that Bretons are good at summoning as well.

>Natural skill with magic
>High Charisma
So Bretons are the Sorcerer race. I like it.

Altmer > all other faggy races

that dark elf is cute

I'm more bothered by so many of the Elven hairstyles looking like something out of Shadowrun. I'll still take it over vanilla Oblivion faces, though.

are there any mods like this for skyrim?

Whats wrong with your FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

I'l use my 110 speed and 100 endurance and agility to draw the thing to the mages university to have it plundered in spells like I pickpocket your house keys and steal your lettuce while you starve!

I like them with regular eyes honestly, look like the kind of girls that will put Strawberry Eggos into your mouth with her feet while you fuck.

>the literal jews of the Elder Scrolls world

Rather than being someone else, just be yourself. I'm scandanavian and bulky so I play a nord however I weave some stealth and magic into it because I'm pretty good at walking quietly in real life and I guess a heaking spell never hurt. I'm good at science over all subjects so from fallout to tes that translates magic

We are all Bretons. And I am your God.

magic manlets

Israel belongs to the Nords

I bet you're a massive pussy. Literally and metaphorically.

some people would rather play human mages rather than be stuck with playing an elf

I just go for the most optimal beginning stats and perks which happen to be the Woodelves usually. It fits me I guess since I'm a mutt of 4 ethnicity's myself and the Woodelves were usually shunned on for not being pureblood highelves.

Just popped a boner imaging a hulking, massive Scandinavian vagina typing on a keyboard.

South America and Africa used to be the save continent not that long ago. South America has some plants fairly closely related to Native Australian species, due to their once being Gondwana.

I never understood why the hell anyone WANTS to play a human in a game with x amount of more interesting races unless they really had an interesting story or something.

I'm from Ireland. What Elder Scrolls class should I be?

Was my first impression at first but it's not so jarring as the picture makes it.

You are the same fucking autist that always posts in TES threads that Redguards aren't niggers. They're fucking niggers, you stupid nigger.

Barder, Witch Hunter,or Acrobat.

Men are European while mer are asian.

~~Men~~
Imperials are the most obvious, clearly representing ancient Rome and sharing physical features with modern Italians. They range from quite dark skin/hair to very fair, like italians.

Bretons are named after an actual ethnic group located in the French peninsula of Brittany.

Nords, also named after a real ethnic group, are northern Germanic/Scandinavian. Basically Vikings.

Redgaurds are technically "Man" but are unique in many ways due to the fact that they came from a separate continent from the rest of the races of man and have a different origin entirely. The previous 3 man races came from 1 ancient race while redgaurds are from somewhere different. This is representative of how the Moors of northern africa were very involved in European history, and even occupied Spain for hundreds of years. The Moors were "Europeans" with a different origin.

~~Mer~~
Bosmer are the native americans, which genetically are mongoloids who crossed over the bearing straight during the last ice age from asia.

High elves are japanese. Just look at the Lore drawings of them, they are seen wearing robes with katanas. They also live on an island. Though I would argue maybe they are more "Chinese acting" based on their roles in elder scrolls lore.

Dark elves are more complicated. They appear maybe middle eastern. They are darker than other elves, like how middle easterners are darker than say, the japanese, and most of their lore and a lot of buildings look middle eastern. Their story is really similar to the Jews too. They are really unlucky, hated by the other races, and are forced out of their homeland. Could also be persian also.

However, The Dwemer are much more "middle eastern". They are straight up Babylonians.

Orcs remind me of the Maori of the south pacific, though this one is more just speculation. They fit in with the "elves are asian" model this way and the warrior culture is similar.

>Why was this even a race?

So the player can choose between two different magic-oriented races, one with more magicka and weakness to magic, and another with high magic resist.

>those pointy ass dagger chins

Before Skyrim, Bretons got a magicka bonus as well, though it wasn't as much as Altmer got.

I always have a hard time not choosing breton.

This. Half-Mediterranean so Imperial.

Hey man don't talk shit about Breton. I played one the entire time playing skyrim. I wanted a human character that had magic orientation.
So that was perfect for me.
Didn't want to play fucking play high elf.

>That one quest with an Altmer vampire
>Altmer weakness to magic + Vampire weakness to fire
Guy should have known better than to start shit with a destruction mage.

no, Nords are the snowniggers

>>Imperials- Teutons (Germany, etc.)
are you stupid.
Imperials literally wear roman legionary armor, are Mediterranean tan, and are called IMPERIALS. The closest thing to an empire that the Teutonic Race has come near was the holy roman empire which was by no means an actual empire.

Imperials are more Italian than Mario.

Half elves

Altmer - Magic/High Magicka/Weakness to Magic
Dunmer - Magic/Sneak/Fire Resist
Bosmer - Sneak/Archery
Orsimer - Warrior/Smith
Breton - Magic/Magic Resistance
Imperial - Warrior/Speech
Redguard - Warrior/Poison Resist
Nord - Warrior/Frost Resist
Khajiit - Sneak
Argonian - No specific role/Waterbreathing/Swimming/Disease resist

This one was very good. Underrated

Mario is from Brooklyn, though.

Easier suspension of belief.

I can more easily imagine being a human in a fantasy world than I can a (near) immortal elf or lizard/cat fursona person. That makes it easier to connect with the character and thus the plot.

Same reason I tend not to play mages. Not only do I just wanna jump into the game and play it rather than obsess over DPS spreadsheets and build guides to make sure my world-shattering sorceror is properly twinked out, I can much more easily imagine being some dude with a sharp sword or good sneak skills and a bow.