Underrated fighting games

ITT: underrated fighting games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-_ndtjYEOn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

footsiekino: the game

How come so many people seemed to love Akira, I never noticed anything particularly unique or interesting about him when I tried him out, to the point where I found Rig more interesting

holy shit the jump in animation quality from this to 5 is huge.Just look at this mofo

because he's from VF and VF died

he's also high execution and has the godlike 1f knee and double palm

Don't know the double palm, only did the 1f thing in command training, and combo challenge as he's one of the 8 characters I have left to beat it with.
Bryants or bust.

98% of people who play DoA don't even "play" DoA

>doa
>good fighting game

What is wrong with DOA?

bump

OP said it was underrated not good. I agree on both counts

All the more reason it's underrated.

Although I only watched tournaments at the end, was it always just Rig, Christie, Phase 4, Zack, and Eliot?

I thought it was a crowd favorite

I wouldn't say it's underrated, the people that know about it like it.

jackie chan fists of fire
youtube.com/watch?v=-_ndtjYEOn4

Funny how this game has better visuals then tekken 7, SFV, kof xiv
how the fuck did they do it?

What's with this one-sided aggressiveness Tekken fans have against DOA players? Sure the creator of DOA was a shithead that badmouth Tekken but has been gone doe a decade and I've never seen DOA fans attacking Tekken but Tekken fans are always attacking DOA fans all the time. I even seem claims about how all low score Tekken reviews are just DOA fanboys when supposedly DOA fans don't even play fighters.

>VF1
>Lau is over 50 yo
>VF4
>Lau is getting even much older older
>VF5
>is almost dead

Fucking timeskips or aging in fighters are a mistake.

>DOA fans attacking Tekken
DOAfags are too busy fapping to attack anything while Tekkenfags are so buttblasted about the hate for their game that they try to fight anyone.

I can't possibly be the only person out of the 4 playing at any given time from, Sup Forums...right?

Bought it, have no idea how to set my controller to even play this properly.

>ekkenfags are so buttblasted about the hate for their game that they try to fight anyone.
But people don't? Tekken is widely considered one of the best 3D fighting games and is the dominate 3D fighter in terms of money and popularity similar to have most people only care about Street Fighter for 2D fighters.

>one of the best 3D fighting games and is the dominate 3D fighter in terms of money and popularity similar to have most people only care about Street Fighter for 2D fighters.
That's because it's the only fucking 3D fighting game that isn't NRS

>hit opponent with string
>they can still do a hold WHILE GETTING HIT

FUCK THIS GAME.

xinput, no? I usually just use the keyboard on my Macbook.Shame the steam version doesn't have online matchmaking.

don't do the same string over and over again. and if you know they are going to do a hold just throw them.

git gud fagit

>NRS
NetherRealm Studios?

That's like baiting Counter Breakers in Killer Instinct. You can't just KNOW that, you have to fish for it by being deliberately predictable.

Yeah, for some reason I thought it was a 3D fighter. Huh.
But my point still stands, what other 3D fighting games are out in the market right now?

Itagaki played up a rivalry with Harada for laughs and somewhere after naming his 5 worst games as Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag, and Tekken 4, and threatening to drop 100 bombs on Namco HQ it kinda stuck.

>Opponent can counter your moves if you become too predictaburu.
Don't see the problem, especially as V had bounds and bursts introduced to stop you from being able to hold anymore

>tagaki played up a rivalry with Harada for laughs
But the Tekken fans aren't doing this for laughs. They have legit hostility when talking about DOA and I don't understand it. ITs not even fair when DOA was smeared in out post feminist era for being a pedophia game and for being a 'fake and bad fighting game' and is already a dying series that is just trying to stay alive.

Well when this shit started there was Soul Calbiur and Vitura Fighter. The only time when DOA was actually popular was the early days of the 360 when Microsoft promoted it and put a Spartan guest character in 4.

My point is that there is no competition in the 3D fighting game market. There can't be a competition when you're the only entrant. VF is dead while SC is coming out with a new game. The aforementioned hate spawns from SFfags or probably just /fgg/ that insult Tekken at every opportunity. SF-fags are the majority in the entire genre and around here, I always see jabs at Tekken

Yeah it started as a joke, but it got taken seriously, and yeah DoA does get an unfairly bad rap considering all the bikini shit in Tekken, or how armour destruction came to SC long before DoA.

Luna best girl

some people are shit and hold to get out of every string stun you do. it can get pretty easy to read people after a few rounds.

bump