Come on, my intense protégé. Let's go save the world

Come on, my intense protégé. Let's go save the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3qVLwsOH70
youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc
youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You fuck young boys Valdez?

So much better than that sack of shit Roy.

I bought the game recently, just got past the car of the diplomat case. Haven't see any other partners yet, just look that line was really good, especially the way he pronounced it.

Damn, sorry man. It's an awesome game. If you're playing the remaster it gets a bit long in the tooth due to the DLC cases but stick with it.

I recently replayed through the whole thing on Switch. It's such a unique game.

Indeed. I love murder mysteries, so much that I've read all of Arthur Conan (the Sherlock Holmes author) and Agatha Christie. Problem is that the writing of most detective work video games doesn't come even close to these books, only Ace Attorney ever managed to rival them. This game is not as good as Ace Attorney, but the atmosphere and the characters more than make up for the lack of complexity. And I'm still at the initial cases anyway, maybe the later ones will be more complex.
I wish I could put on the patrol uniform, unfortunately it's not among the costume options anymore

If you ever talk that way about a man in uniform again I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU

Bekowski is the best partner.
Prove me wrong

Can't. He objectively is

Always make the husband. Nine times out of ten it's the closest person to the vic who does the deed. God knows I've wanted to kill some wives in my time.

>tfw trying to slog through the Homicide Desk aka The Same Exact Case Five Times Desk again when already knowing the entire thing is pointless

Cole Phelps is unironically one of the greatest protagonists in games. Team Bondi could have easily made him a stereotype of a no-nonsense cop, but thanks to the war flashbacks and the Elsa plotline it becomes clear that he's an unreliable narrator and far more flawed as a person than he initially seems. People complain about the questioning prompts not corresponding to Cole's responses, but they think that Cole is supposed to be a self-insert like Shepard from Mass Effect. Instead, Cole is established as his own character and the player is expected to form their own conclusions about Cole's actions.

TL;DR: Cole being flawed and nuanced makes him better as a main character than a self-insert would have been.

I agree with the bit about him being flawed and thus more interesting but that in no way justifies the shitty interrogation system. Character flaws or no, if you're going to rate my performance based on the interrogation answers then there needs to be some fucking rhyme and reason to the answers.

You need to watch all of Columbo, as soon as possible.

we'll never know who the best partner is since burglary and fraud were cut from the game. the burglary partner would have been harold caldwell who might have been pretty cool (has the same va as garrus from me games)

He did nothing wrong

rushed ending put a bad taste in my mouth

Also, Bekowski is funny, but he's not an interesting character and it's clear that his blandness is why the traffic desk is so short without the DLC cases. Roy and Rusty are both shitheels, but their ineptness and corruption is far more effective at establishing the game's tone than Bekowski is.

Could've been worse

someone post hilarious VR LA Noire

Imagine surviving a war just to get fucking murdered by sewage

yeah but homicide has one of the best cases (studio secretary) where you can have two suspects in two different rooms and watch them accuse each other and play each other's lies off of them to make them sweat before breaking mccafrey

the water symbolized his redemption

its pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=P3qVLwsOH70
youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc

Get fucked.

Honestly I hope Rockstar manages to completely bring all of L.A. Noire to VR, it's so much fun

What's your shoe size, user?

You're rated on if you knew they were lying, not what Cole says.

Can someone tell me which cases were dlc?
I played the complete edition and it never crossed my mind. I assume the electroplating case is one of them.

Electroplating sticks out so badly it's ridiculous.

You fasting for Yom Kippur, Sup Forums?

How long is this game? I remember renting it when it first came out and made it to the end of the homicide desk before having to return it. I bought it again on PS4 and just finished the second homicide case.

*chases u*

WHY DID YOU SPOILER ME FUCKKKK

IIRC, the DLC cases are Diplomat's Son, The Naked Shitty, Jack Nicholson Electroplating, Kefir Madness, and another one that I forgot.

HE STONE COLD DEAD IN DE MARKET
I KILL NOBODY BUT ME HUSBAN

Because if a 6th grader played it on release, they would be old enough to vote now.

The amount of fucking autistic shit you can do is just amazing

YOU GIVE ME INFORMATION AND I WONT GIVE YOU TO INMIGRATION

Cole is such a fucking hardass.

The way Phelps says it combined with the short pause after is fucking hilarious, it's like he thought he was funny for saying it then quickly realized he
wasn't.

Does it pick up when I'm past the first homicide case? I'm already disappointed with the shitbaggery of Rusty, which I'm guessing is supposed to be endearing.

Everyone always says they feel bad for Cole, but I feel even worse for Ira

>grow up in dirt poor rural Oklahoma during the great depression
>mother and sister die on the way to California
>get given one of the shittiest jobs for US soldiers during WWII, flamethrower duty
>get tricked into scorching a cave that turns out to be a makeshift civilian hospital
>come home, dad dies, no family left
>go crazy from guilt
>therapist who pretends to help you actually tricks you into starting more fires so he can benefit from the insurance
>accidentally kill another couple of families after being told the houses would all be empty
>everyone thinks you're a monster and you get put down like a dog in a sewer

Rusty's funny in a pathetic way, especially once Phelps starts teasing him more

Consul's Car, A Slip of the Tongue, Reefer Madness, Naked City, and Nicholson Electroplating

>travel to the wrong location for the first drug mission
>cole ends up ranting about jews
wtf is going on

Huh????? Explain

meanwhile in vr

>Agatha Christie
Good on you

>Arthur Conan Doyle
>not Rex Stout
kys famalamadingdong

I'll add that to the read list. But I have no idea how someone can shittalk Arthur. His mysteries were not the best, but the writing was amazing, and Holmes' character was superb.

Nigger you must be baitin

I got all the evidence I could from the first scene but instead of going to the second one on the list I went straight to the 3rd. I couldn't find much evidence so I interviewed the guy and doubted and he starts yelling about jews

Get used to Cole ranting unpredictably when you accuse people.

What is the best case

>It's an awesome game.
Ehhhh
I can see a lot of potential, but there was also many many flaws.
Not a game i would ever replay.

You could tell there was supposed to be a lot more to it because of all the cool places that exist but there's no reason to go to (although they later added some collectables to those locations).

Like, there's an airport and some other locations that have fairly large interiors, but there's no reason to ever go to them and the story missions never take you there

He is.
Finbarr isnt a bad man either, but he is lazy and dumb
Roy is just an asshole.
The arson guy is okay, but not very sympathetic.

Well yeah, they cut an entire desk. You were originally going to be able to do the Burglary desk with Caldwell as your partner.

Your partner on the Arson desk is what Phelps would have turned into if he were slightly less ambitious and didn't get drownded.

I fucking hate how everyone gives spoilers here on how he drowned
I am fucking out of this thread goodbye forever

this song is so fucked up and catchy at the same time

This is probably truth. Team Bondi bankrupted themselves just inventing the facial recognition technology they used.

No one on this site bothers with spoilers for a game that's been out a few months, let alone SIX AND A HALF YEARS. If you still haven't played it after all this time then you shouldn't have come into this thread.

at least one desk

burglary and maybe fraud too (although that was likely cut at the planning stages)

>you shouldn't have come into this thread
I made it because I liked the line I posted at the OP about the intense protégé

Dont worry. There are many other things we still can spoil you.
The real story of the game kicks up in the vice desk (which is honestly bad pacing for me)

>making a thread on Sup Forums about a game that's over half a decade old when you haven't even beaten it
I have no sympathy for you or Cole's affair with Elsa that results in his wife leaving him and a demotion of the arson desk.

demotion to*

That one was just rude.

Oh, my mistake.
No one on this site bothers with spoilers for a game that's been out a few months, let alone SIX AND A HALF YEARS. If you still haven't played it after all this time then you shouldn't have made this thread.

Really this game should of had more nuanced dialogue options.

[A]: GOOD COP
[B]: BAD COP
[Y]: LIE

You're lying Sup Forums, and I'm going to make you for it

youtube.com/watch?v=2rNV61Rpo-0