WHOOA!
WHOOA!

That was nothing compared to the alleyway platforming to get to that clown boss

NEED SOME COINS HERE BUZZ

Attic track in toy story racer scared the shit out of me

>tfw you didn't know there was a shortcut elevator
>All those falls into the cement

BUZZY BOY

Is there a single bad piece of music in this entire game?

youtube.com/watch?v=wd7LjYksLDo
Best theme from the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=3m_jNlWSEkc
My jam.
I don't think so, I like how each song is also different from each other yet they're all great.

It's just so good, makes me nostalgic.

the music is significantly worse on N64, but that's a given

youtube.com/watch?v=_1S0DH1-7hE

Fuck that stage. The alleyway was torture but that was sheer hell.

>playing toy story 2 on the n64
What kind of turbo homo kid would do that?

People with N64s?

>people

OOOHHH OOOOHHHHHH OHHHHH OHHHH OOOHHH

>caring about what console someone plays on

I remember renting this and beating it. The game didn't fit my TV properly at the time and I had no way to resize it so some HUD elements were cut off. I had to play the entire game without ever being able to see my health bar.

True hardmode.

was that a thing back then? I dont remember playing any game that didnt fit in my tv, even pal games on my pirated ps1 played nicely

It was the only game I ever remember it being a problem on growing up. Not sure why. Played countless games around NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1 etc on that CRT and I never saw it happen in any other game.

The Toy story 3 game was pretty good desu

This boss scared the shit outta me when I was a kid.

was it? I never tried it because "tie in movie game"
I always assumed it would be bad

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

This game was great. Toy Story for SNES was way too hard for me so I just played this.

youtube.com/watch?v=gG1zz11epm8

I played both versions and I always remember never being able to get past the first person segments in the claw on the genesis version. Beat the SNES version a bunch of times though.

Its not as hard as an adult. I had it for Genesis as a kid and couldnt get past the claw machine. With some practice I was able to beat it recently.

Not the other user but that shit was pretty common back then. There were all sorts of shitty poorly made tv's out there since they became the common norm to the point where most cheap or poor fmailies would buy the cheapest tv on the market. Sometimes they would fuck up in just a few short years of use to where the screen size couldn't be fixed through the options, same for any other tv options.

this, also most people back then used an RF switch instead of RCA connectors, and that would distortionate the picture really bad, mostly color wise, but changing the size of the signal was really common too

>be 9
>play toy story 2 on play station
>little brother wants to play
>he was 4
>give him a controller
>tell him he is playing the bad guys
>falls for it
>gets mad because he always loses

I still feel bad for doing this, I'm sorry little bro.

>a skull inside the slime
who didn't

reminds me of Wild Arms 4

Did anyone else discover the invincibility bug in this game? You quit out of a level at the same time you lose all your health and buzz enters his dying animation. The next level you enter you'll be in sort of a no clip mode, where you can't talk to NPCs, but it makes bosses like Slime Time much easier. If you collect a health pick up you'll return to normal

Never knew about it.

Apparently the whip has much better hit detection in the genesis version, plus the music is a lot better. It's one of the few games thats genesis does better than snes

Anyone play this?

Looks okay

youtube.com/watch?v=VQlQIgiGEHQ

i only ever played the ps1 version, so idk if it works in the other versions.

Yeah me too

Am i the only one who played the PC version?

>plus the music is a lot better.
The guy who made it recently made a video on how the music was done, it's a really fascinating watch.
youtu.be/x3m3JrVImmU

Love this game is a child, looking back on it the two things that impressed me most about it are the music, absolutely the most memorable thing about the game, and also just how large and open the level design was. I think the one other PS one game I had was croc legend of the Gobbos, and that split levels up between load screen doors. Specifically the construction site level and the elevator level, no other game at the time gave you that much 3D freedom.
That fucking slime time boss though, fucking thing was terrifying and challenging to fight, and it did not follow the standard rules of boss fight procedure, the way it seemed to be defeated, and then it would just come out of the trashcan again and get bigger and the camera angle made it look absolutely huge and it got faster and it's little projectile would get faster and it was just so fucking stressful to a five year old me.

I'm right there with you. You ever do the thing with rapid pausing?

youtube.com/watch?v=Unh2dAEHtZo

youtube.com/watch?v=l16a99w989o

The soundfont and instrument samples in the genesis version are so much better than the snes version. usually sega had the trumpets that sounded like farts, but here nintendo has them

For some reason I can't stop thinking about this when I hear this music.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIfNWeapTTU

>tfw this game seemed like an insurmountable challenge to me as a child
>tfw I realize now that it was just a terrible game that can be beaten in half an hour

it's an abstract kind of feel

Pixar made some dope games

That game is still such a solid collect-a-thon platformer today. Just playing it feels great.
>The levels set in the airport

>Toy Story 3 is old enough to have a ps2 game

I'm still kinda mad that Disney is making Pixar get a Toy Story 4 out the door even though the story ended as nicely as it could during 3.

This game is a masterpiece

Toy Story is too huge for Disney to not milk, especially compared to their 2D film sequels. Expect to see double digit Pixar sequels in the future.

Those are some fluid sprite animations

Not pixar, Travellers Tales

The Bugs Life game was kinda jank but it had some charm.

My childhood :_)

When I was young I had to stop playing at this fight because the music scared me

OH YEAH

Dreamcast > PS1 > N64
Is this correct?

oi

The music was ridiculously good for a tie-in platformer.

Maybe it's stupid, but I really miss games where you had one big level a bunch of stuff to do in it. Most games these days are super linear or so open world that you're totally aimless. Another good one was Rocket Robot on Wheels.

>One of the best soundtracks of all time is from a fucking toy story game
God tier

AAAAARRGHHH

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZ