Anyone played this? Blasted through it this afternoon after seeing a few people recommend it, holy shit it got dark...

Anyone played this? Blasted through it this afternoon after seeing a few people recommend it, holy shit it got dark. First time ever playing an anime / virtual novel game but it was actually really good

Ya man I enjoyed it too.

are you 12 years old and retarded

It was so fucked up that it made someone like me feel uneasy for the rest of the day.

I was surprised at how good it was. Kept me interested and got a good few hours out of it. Took a while to get going though

fuck off

yeah buddy i loved that gasme

played it on my joycon :) had a big ol time!!!
then i went out with a date with my girl, shes the best
just kidding!!

fuck off

Yeah, man. Such a good game!

It made me want to burn my PC

It's garbage.

I didn't have any problems with it. There are visual novels that do this game's concepts better, but DDLC condenses it nicely enough

I still don't understand how they didn't charge at least 5 bucks for it.

Well I have friends irl so I would never consider playing it

You might be surprised, I obviously didn't tell anyone I played it but I liked it.amazed it is free as well, maybe this stuff is usually? I don't know.

No.
It's HOT garbage.

Wow, guys. You're so cool, I wish I was as elite as you all!

This is a bait thread. But I like the game

Just bash everything that's remotely popular and you'll be one of us in no time :)

Imagine you take a VN with similar gimmicks like Totono, strip it completely of all the character development, background story, music, atmosphere, choices.
Imagine you try to make the dialogue as simple as possible, making it hard for the reader to stay awake while he subconsiously hit "next" to load the next textbox.
Imagine you make everything but one character irrelevant.
Imagine you need to sit through a 3 hour long movie only to have a 5 minute payoff at the end - one which you've probably seen somewhere else before.
Imagine you take this end result, and try very hard to make it 30 times worse while turning it into "Babys first VN".

Finally, imagine you get a ton of public exposure and discussion.

You'll end up with Doki Doki Literature Club!.

It actually isn't. Haven't seen it discussed on here before so thought I would start a thread to see what everyone else thought.

>Haven't seen it discussed on here before
Then lurk more

>supposed to feel attachment to the characters for the twists to be effective
>VN is only a few hours long
How do you fuck up this bad. And were average gamers always this easily fucked with?

Post Yuri

fuck off

>totono is the only meta VN ever made

Been here far longer than I care to admit. Although to be fair I normally ignore anime threads so that might be why.
What other VNs are worth looking into? First time I have tried one and I am surprised how much I liked it. Would be interested to try more.

Ur too late for discussing this here. Once something get's popular it becomes tabu on Sup Forums. Try /vg/.

>Implying EOPs can play Totinos
I'll concede that a lot of the dialogue for characters who aren't named Monika are pretty basic though. I liked Act 2, but that definitely isn't for everyone.
It got way too much public exposure though. Why did normies even latch on to a deconstruction of a genre they don't play?

A friend told me to check it out but I couldn't bare it and deleted it after 30 minutes.

So fucking boring, just clicking and reading the mundane shit these girls talk about.
Don't give a fuck about your manga or poems.

I heard it has some twists but I couldn't even make it till they start happening.

Hot advertising for future projects

This collage is completely meaningless

>I don't like thing because people I don't like like thing
I hate brainlet wojacks, but one would be very appropriate for this situation.

>implying giving totono as an example of a meta narrative is wrong.

It is very slow to get going but it is actually pretty good. It isn't a dating sim / high school sim at all.

Do you have anything else to say to refute these points or is that all?

Act I was great

The rest of the acts were meme bullshit

really liked it when i played it blind. didnt know about the fanbase.

i totally understand why people are turned off though with the fanbase being... the way it is..

honestly though i genuinely recommend ignoring both sides, the cancer praising it and the cancer shitting on it solely because of the cancer prasing it. just check it out. fuck it

Is there a thing with the fanbase? Suppose it is anime so it will attract serious autism. I didn't know about that

>when your standards are so low that you consider bad stream bait good

I just have a very low tolerance to games like this.

Cupcakes, literature, childhood friend, school setting, dating-sim like dialouge that leads to nothing and has no real content.

Also you can't actively do anything aside from choose who to show your poem first. And you have to write like 3 poems and still nothing happens.

I just quit and am happy I don't have to sit through more.

If any of the girls were even a bit likeable, talked about something interesting or if there was actual gameplay I might have lasted longer.

the normies have taken over, katawa shoujo never ruined shit this badly. How is this not the easiest normie/newfag identifier outhere.
>Baby's first

Yeah that is fair, I don't think it has any replay value but for a free to play game I was impressed. What VN type things would you recommend?
Any recommendations?

>implying it wasn't already shit
DDLCfags ran this trash into the ground long before the youtube/normie crowd ever could

Most of it is the fanbase overrates it way too much, thinking it's some kind of new idea when meta concepts have already been done in other VNs before with much better execution. It also attracts ironic weebs and tumblr, so it's pretty obvious why it's hated on here.

>What VN type things would you recommend?
I don't usually play VNs so I wouldn't know.

If you want something similar, check out Higrashi or Ever17. Most VNs are anywhere from 30-80 hours long though.
Also check out VNs on the DS if you haven't yet. Stuff like Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, and 999

Makes sense. It was good, but it wasn't the second coming of christ or anything. Good way to spend an afternoon but not much more than that. I thought it was done quite well, but to be fair my experience is almost none.
I'll have a look, thanks. I was surprised how short it was, could see how a well done VN could get some serious hours in.

Stole this from the vn thread on /vg/. Where should I go on from DDLC?

This