GTA IV THREAD

what does Sup Forums think about this game ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xh40QxwZz7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still pissed off that nikos gloves weren't on consoles.

Literally the best video game.

The graphics jumo from SA was so impressive and still holds up today; atmosphere, physics, and online were all amazing. The story was also grounded and the characters were great and it was lolsorandum like 5 was.

Infinitely better than GTA V. Actually, GTA V was so dissapointing as I was so hyped thinking it would be GTA 4 + 1 but it was arcadey trash.

If you think GTA V is the better game you're probably below 18 and have no taste.

this

It was fun! But it needed the rewards from previous games back.

good multiplayer. you couldn't own anything so you wouldn't get attached to a car and the only way to get one is my stealing one as per the title

honestly man it was so fucking good, I fully understand a lot of it is nostalgia goggles, but I've always thought its somewhat appropriate to reward something for being able to have so many good memories that stick in your mind for years and years with some kind of bias

it was kinda bland, the chase missions were fucking lame, and the car handling was kinda balls (kinda prefer it to the fucking hotwheels cars in GTAO though) and it lacked some of the ridiculous shit thats just fun to fuck around with (like the rocket bike, also the jetpack is in the game now) but it was the first like, real good looking 3d game that felt 'realistic' to play.

used to love just being the stereotype and cruising around at night in the rain shooting hookers because it felt so right

Worst GTA by quite a large margin

why ?

>that gta iv e3 announcement
>that gta iv trailer
>all the hype behind it
>preorder game
>have cousins and friends over the day i got it
>it lived up to the expectations
Everyone was blow away by how good the game looked, it was truly next gen, everything so far for the gen (besides gear of wars) was PS2 tier with more detail like but gta iv was truly was the next gen was suppose to be.

Liberty city is ugly as hell, boring missions, lame characters. The only thing good about it is the physics.

Still disapppinted

The only thing missing were rural areas. I know it's NY, but fuck it. I like diversity when it comes to environments.

anyone know what part this is from?

Why are so many people so butthurt over the fact that GTA V makes IV look like complete ass in comparison? I don't get it. I've played every GTA since the original and V is supreme. No other open world game comes anywhere close to touching it.

the biggest fucking disappointment other than the trailer from dead island.

in my opinion,i think the story of gta iv is bettter than gta v's storyline because it has a darker tone

I don't play online in GTAV, what are some fun things to do after the campaign's done?

Good atmosphere. Good city with many interiors

Shit gameplay and activities

worst gta, felt like max payne

GTA IV had the best multiplayer modes. Also racing matches were much better. Gun play felt better and the physics were much better. GTA V just felt really bare. I stopped playing GTA:O after heists came out. The whole "buy money to enjoy these new 'free' dlc vehicles" really upset me since you'd have to grind for days to just purchase one new car or armoured vehicle. Bunkers were a huge fucking joke.

Weakest GTA game, still a solid game though.

Had so much more fun with the online in this than I did in V

>online was amazing
pure nostalgia goggles, the multiplayer was the most barebones thing possible and you only had fun because you were 8 years old

By your own criteria, 3 is the worst then.

4 at least has characters, including the best written GTA protag outside of maybe Tommy.

My favorite GTA, hate that there was a lack of weapons compared to SA, and even when the DLCs came out, you couldn’t put them together.

Fantastic, best in the series. The story is great and makes a mockery of the shit heap that was V's "plot". The gameplay mechanics are purposefully mental and detailed as fuck. Don't care how many people say they hate the driving controls, they are just wrong. Awesome driving physics. The soundtrack was the last great GTA soundtrack and the city had the best atmosphere and felt like the most alive open world area, still to be surpassed to this day.

>this
The soundtrack fit that late 2000’s aesthetics. Kinda like something off the Sopranos/the Wire.

Radio vladivostok got ruined with all the chav music in the DLC's but originally it was great. Good mix of eastern european pop and Ukranian rock. Outside of that every station had something to offer, christ it had a great jazz station.

youtube.com/watch?v=xh40QxwZz7Q

IV's Liberty City during a thunder storm is simply amazing.

I want to replay it but I'm a poorfag NEET who doesn't leave the house and all I have is a PS4

>If you think GTA V is the better game you're probably below 18 and have no taste.
fuck off nigger
ive played GTA since the first on PC and IV will always remain the worst one, anyonde who disagrees are newfags who got into the series with that game
>Liberty City was bland as hell
>barely any gangs or real crime going on
>R* thinking they where writing the Godfather and forgot they where making a video game
>lackluster content
>Mission variety is nill
>Money is useless and you have a shitload of it
>Police is patheticly easy
>all the vehicles control like ass, if you even think its realistic id suggest to get your drivers license
>multiplayer was barebones and forgetable, missing 2 player from San Andreas

Should honestly have kept a last gen console around pal. My PS4 got knackered a couple of months back so I started using the PS3 and playing old PC games again. Fuck me have I had more enjoyment out of those than the entirety of my PS4 and Switch libraries. Old games I forgot I had, games I remembered fondly and wanted to replay. Games I never tried before but were on sale. I'm just gonna stick with last gen for a while.

I FOUND A PLACE
WHERE WE CAN BOOGEY

>including the best written GTA protag
>''Cousin i want to live the good life in America and dont want think of the old horrors''
>goes on to kill his cousins employer, his boss and literally everyone
10/10 character

>and his retarded cousin can't stop spending money and getting into trouble with Vlad which ends with Faustin and Dmitri where the latter hounds them the entire game

That was the entire point of his character you twat. Really riles me up when minges like you miss the point so brazenly.

the character and the game you are playing are disconnected, that makes him a bad character for the game, Tommy is unapolegetic gangster who only does things for money, he fit the GTA world more than fuckin Nico
R* was too scared to make their character an actual criminal, even Saints Row did that better

>fire up GTA4 anytime i feel like having a laugh
>can't remember the last time i played GTA5 for any reason

It was more that they tried to add nuance. It's a fucking difficult mark to hit in an open world game where the player can make the character do whatever the fuck they want. I always just thought of Nico as so fucking damaged that he couldn't help what he was doing when I took him on a rampage. Much better character than the typical "i'm well hard because i kill who i want huehuehue" shit the rest of the characters fall under. See no complaints about the bloke from Sleeping Dogs either who was supposed to be a morally righteous guy as well.

He clearly wasn't living up until he bought that porkbun.

Should really play that game again. Unlike GTA IV it felt fuck all like the actual city it was based in (american devs really shouldn't try and replicate cultures outside of the states, americans in general are notorious for not getting non-american stuff at fucking all) but it was a fucking helluva fun ride.

the kind of rampages you can have in Sleeping Dogs dont compare to GTA

strip clubs aren't as good as V's