Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/H6j955GD
pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/
youtube.com/watch?v=ImJnbNFbKX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EA

/thread

Everything

EA rapes franchises because they dont do anything to keep original teams together, they let people walk and bring in retarded interns to be codemonkeys and modelers

I.E. your picture, look how far the bar dropped

right looks like cliff bleszinski

Everything
>Andromeda is fucking almost lifeless
>Calvin Klein underwear model as male protag
>Some downs bitch as the female
>Literal in your face LGBT shit. Yeah 'that' krogan
>Shit characters
>Poorly written
>Peebee
>Shitty ending

yes this

It was only a matter of time.

too much soy on the right

>'that' krogan
Of all the characters, you didn't pick the guy who when you asked how he was doing, he told you he was born a male and transitioned.

Oh shit senpai i forgot to add that in too

Imagine putting that in and then getting such a huge fucking backlash that they had to remove it

pastebin.com/H6j955GD

I know industry types browse all the main "no-go" sites. Stop doing this shit. Politics, artistic taste aside. This quality drop simply in artistic theory is entirely unacceptable.

>hand your huge space rpg ip to a literal who developer that only handled 3s multi and say just do it and expect anything but a horrible failure

Probably that

Never played it, surely this isn't real

Mass effect was knowing for having good story and characters but now is the opposite.

What even went right?

Would be easier to list want didn't go wrong.

>nice looking environments when it wasn't just fucking deserts
>faster than the original ME games, plus that dash thing
>actual boss fights
>Suvi's voice

I guess that's it.

The load times?

It was, everyone was pissed at them for going full retard. It's one thing to have characters who are gay/trans, it's another to have gay/trans characters.

Mass Effect itself.
It's a creatively bankrupt franchise that didn't have any ambitions outside of
>we want to be videogame Star Wars

I'm playing it right now and it's not the trainwreck I thought it'd be.

Granted I only just colonized Eos so I'm sure things get super repetitive and stay that way soon, but it made a good enough first impression, wonky animations aside.

How do I play the original release version?

Look for a torrent

>what went wrong?
everything

>EA demanding new game in a franchise that was already at an end
>Frostbite engine being shit for rpgs
>Bioware being split up into multiple divisions, creating unnecessary competition between them
>Bioware is apparently a cancer to work for
>very little of the actual Mass Effect team worked on Andromeda
>All those who worked on Andromeda were newbies
>All those newbies had to re-create the game from the ground up in the span of 16 months after the original 5 year developed version got scrapped

and so much more

It is. You meet a scientist in your first outpost, who gives you 1 or 2 missions over the course of the game. In the unpatched version you can ask him why he came to Andromeda and he tells you immediately how he was Stephan back in the Milky Way, but can now live as a woman like he always wanted to. They patched it in 1.05. Afterwards you had to form a bond, before he told you (e.i going back to him after every major event and talking to him; don't forget this is only a minor character). They also patched him again in 1.08, although I don't know how exactly or why.

Do Calvin Klein have manlet models now?

like alway sjws and EA

>Suvi's voice
really? I skipped all her convos since her accent made my head hurt. And I am not even a native English speaker.

The Virgin Ryder vs the Chad Shepard

>Suvi's voice
I never got why people like her voice so much. It's the worst thing about her right after the horrendous hairstyle, but at least that can be easily fixed through mods.

That's because liking someone's voice is an opinion and mine is different from yours. Her dialogue was as fucking awful as everyone else's, but I loved her voice and accent. Have a weakness for husky voices like that, she kind of reminded me of Liara.

each to his own I guess. Its not like she was close to being the most annoying thing about that pile of shit though. ME:A was a mistake and should never had been released.

Like the previous games.

Don't bully the Suvi. She is beautiful.

The dude they based Shepard off is a male model and has worked for Calvin Klein.

I'M ONLY HUMAN

Vanderloo is charming and Meer 's voice makes him more imposing. Scott is ... forgettable at best, a twink, otherwise.

Hey, I was defending her voice, not the character itself. Poorly modeled, looks like ass, has the same awful animations as everyone else, etc. She's an unremarkable character aside from lucking out on the VA and as seen ITT even that is only my opinion.

>ERMERGERD, REIDER!
>lucking out on the VA
No.

This, but unironically.

Fucking how.

Yeah the first impression was good, just like how the first area in inquisition had more stuff going on than just about anywhere else.

They frontload their games because they know reviewers only play for 2 hours. Shameful shit.

sjws are incapable of making good games.
that is why you always know that a game will turn out shit if it is full of forced "diversity" and "strong wyman"

>unironically

Eh, my favorite game of 2017 had lesbians in it. They were just kind of there, but most people here would call it forced diversity.

Of course, I love lesbians.

you are probably an sjw yourself user and just don´t own up to it or at least a guy with an very unhealthy underdeveloped relationship to his masculinity

I see. Thanks for the info, user that is working off of literally one thing he knows about me to sum up my entire mindset, political views and personality.

I feel so much better now that I know myself.

well not my fault leftwing types are almost always all identical nowadays. that´s just the danger of group think, hug boxes and an ridicules hatred for diverse opinions

>I paid money for this game
>I've only played maybe 3 hours
In all my life I have never experienced regret this painful. I was the biggest ME fanboy. I knew ahead of time and had only myself to blame. On my life I will never purchase anything dealing with the Mass Effect franchise again.

you are probably have left wing opinions don´t you user?

Bioware's A team were working on anthem, but they decided to pump out a mass effect sequel just because.

Ever play Star Trek Online? It scratched my sci fi itch for a while.

better avoid anything released by a mayor western studio nowdays as well.
Mass Effect 4 is more or less how they all are nowadays

It starts well. The graphics are superb in the first planet, and the plot is interesting. The outfits and atmosphere are cool as fuck.

It then progresses into a slew of forces diversity, boring quests, terrible animations, awful combat limitations and the same character models for 50 different people.

And fuck me, they pushed the whole "happy, young, carefree, no consequences" vibe way too hard.

Now I'm ok with gay, lesbian, trans, whatever the fuck, but not everywhere you fucking look, and not shoved down your fucking throat, where it defines the fucking character.

Game is a load of shite with a bit of spit and polish in the outside.

Because nobody wants to play as a 20 something wisecracking beta soyboy.

EA did.

That said, the root of the issue with ME games past 1 (the only good one) is that they forget their place: the series is supposed to be a space opera. Instead, we got ME2, with too much focus on absolutely nothing, and ME3, a game more to push an agenda and less to actually tell a story.

And as for ME:A...it was never meant to be a ME game anyway, they just wanted to use the name for brand recognition purposes.

(You) the only similarity with Star Wars is through the Kotor link where you can see many of their ideas carried over

Not gay enough

>I´m ok with trans
consider suicide
you are literally the reason why hundreds of confused kids kill themselves each year after lying to themselves that they can just magically change their gender instead of getting professional help to feel happy and comfortable with the body they were born with

>pretending you give a shit about people killing themselves
Who's virtue signalling now, fag?

They picked the wrong underwear model. All ME males were 10/10 until late they grabbed a numale

That's not the part of my post I'd have focused on, but OK. Besides, I didn't say I supported it, I just said it doesn't bother me.

>And fuck me, they pushed the whole "happy, young, carefree, no consequences" vibe way too hard.
This. They made it seem like any numale college kid could decide to quit their job and become some happy go lucky explorer...and fight a war for the indigenous people of a different galaxy. It was retarded.

If Ryder was around in 2018 he'd want a Nintendo Switch.

>yfw you see two underwear models fugging in ME3
Why did they turn mai husbando gay

Lack of inspiration and polish

They wanted to do everything, kept scrapping shit until there was nothing
pcgamer.com/most-of-mass-effect-andromeda-was-developed-in-just-18-months-report-says/

It was given to a retarded studio who spent years trying to make procedurally generated content work instead of actually making content

I think theres an issue where these people are in "LGBT friendly" environments where every 3rd person is that way, and they suddenly find themselves in a bubble thinking the rest of the world is that way.

This, they fell for the No Man's Sky meme

left is testosterone
right is soy

The OT started as a space opera rpgs focused on military squad operations. Andromeda was about a bunch of unqualified faggots who stumble their way through a new galaxy.

I blame millennials

Those are pixels.

Nonono you don't get to absolve Bioware. The only good part of Bioware was Black Isle and they all left. You could already see the rot set in with DA:O.

Dem unity grafics

That looks like fucking shit.

Bioware had former Black Isle staff?

Nah they all left with Black Isle. Hence why Bioware went to shit

I miss Shepard.

youtube.com/watch?v=ImJnbNFbKX0
The quality of game was obvious from this trailer.

I don't, he always came across as a faggot.