It's a shame this magical game has been left back in time and not given a proper remaster

It's a shame this magical game has been left back in time and not given a proper remaster.

Yes, effort would have to be given but it would outsell most remasters being dropped on the market today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iZ9iflvCwok
youtube.com/watch?v=0hd_Env8kaw
youtube.com/watch?v=vV9vH2pz614
youtube.com/watch?v=u1W43iwRJIA
youtu.be/LHloJDgkUho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think the code is enormously fucked up and would basically be impossible to un-fuck. At least, that's what I heard.

It doesn't need a remaster, it still looks fantastic. It has aged extraordinarily well.

It was mediocre at best.

It's not on pc so nobody cares.

This

A RDR remaster would print money. The only reason Rockstar hasn't done it, is because they literally can't.

Honestly, modern Rockstar isn't shit, if they weren't so tight lipped people might have noticed by now

>mfw i fell for the sonybros lies
RDR is literally a bad version of GUN

You can't even play for a literal minute in any part of the game without several prolonged dips below 30fps

Just keep holding on to hope OP

In the mean time, post your favorite song in RDR.

youtu.be/iZ9iflvCwok

>actually wanting a remaster of a game from one generation ago

Graphical updates with no changed gameplay from the PS1/N64 era are the only acceptable re-anything.
See: success of Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

>sonybros lies
Games always been more of 360 game, never knew any sane person that played it on a PS3.

>remaster
pls don't.
make sequels instead
even if they suck, new content is far better

>RDR is literally a bad version of GUN
I went back to that a few months, goddamn that game aged like diarrhea left out in the sun all day

>Mystical Ninja 64 with 60fps and Mario Odyssey graphics

Want

You already posted it. Also the xboner version seems fine to me. I thought it'd be the most useless gift I ever got and was proved wrong.

Outside of LA Noire, does R* even do remasters?

the overworld music was so fucking good

youtube.com/watch?v=0hd_Env8kaw

GTAV

Because they're making something better. Hint: RDR2.

I would love this on PC. Best physics engine ever. Shooting people was just so much fun.

I was hyped enough to preorder the game and the game turned out to be shit (reskinned GTA with worse mission design), but every time I criticized it on Sup Forums I got NEVER EVER posted. In fact, you still do

RDR used the same physics engine as GTAIV and GTAV. What you're thinking of is Euphoria that's just for procedural animation. Which both GTAIV and V also use but with different degrees of implementation.

wouldn't that diarrhea be nice and dry?

G U N
U
N

Maybe one day RPCS3 will solve this :(

Mr. Marston was real human bean and a real hero.

Was that really a remaster, Or just the real version that they held back a year?

Red dead revolver, gta 3, vc, sa, manhunt,bully that is all I can think of

youtube.com/watch?v=vV9vH2pz614

>The only reason Rockstar hasn't done it, is because they literally can't.
ah yes
just like GTA SA & GTA 4 remasters

for some reason this game's atmosphere just feels so amazing. i don't think any other game will make me feel like this one did.

>left back in time

its still readily available and playable for probably 90% that own it and you can still buy it. Youre the kind of person they make 'remasters' for because you need everything new and shiny. Remasters and remakes should be for games that you cant get anymore or they have something they need to fix about it.

Most overrated game of all time.
It was empty GTA with horses and MUH MORALITY tale.

oh no, anything but that.

Both of those games have PC versions that will be playable (theoretically) forever

>sonybro BEGGING for a remaster of a 1 generation old game
>meanwhile on my xbone I could play it without needing to buy it for the second time

>Most overrated game of all time
that's shaping up to be DaS at the rate this board is going.

You can be fine with shitty FPS, but don't try and tell anyone, let alone Sup Forums, that a game has aged well when it can't even keep a steady 30

I never said such thing about the gaming aging well or not.

didn't GTASA have one of the first battle royale multiplayer mods?

DS delivered, though. The only true complaint is that the end is unfinished. It's a masterpiece in game design the entire first half.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1W43iwRJIA

>tfw 1 minute
>tfw walking around the snowy tall trees

The person was talking about how it looks, and in those terms its aged very well.

The tall trees music always made me anxious. Maybe I was just afraid of the bears

without having a city full of NPCs and cars and buildings and everything else, the game has a lot of dull moments. it's decent but it's really overrated and i think a lot of that has to do with "muh consolewar"

No, the production of RDR was fucked up since it was their first major game that wasn't codev by Benzies. There's a reason of why they didn't ported it to PC.

That's why I'm cautiously hyped for RDR 2.

Maybe if the resolution allowed you to see anything past Marston's nose

>DS delivered, though
And this didn't? Fuck off.

Each dev does something different and better than other devs.

If From attempted to make an open world game on the scale of this, I feel like it would be a total fucking mess. Just like if R* wanted to linear game with no direction or dialogue.

it's mostly the atmosphere. Nothing beat walking back into town after a mission, having a shot of rum, and then heading into the backroom for a midnight game of poker

the treasure hunting with those maps was fucking dank

They ported GTA4 to PC, which is built on the same engines & middleware.
The "code is too fucked up" was just an excuse with no proof whatsoever. It's a way to get people to fuck off and stop asking for it.

knowing current rockstar, it'll be on console for a year before getting to PC for full price and it will run great and be worth it

Wow I totally disagree. Almost nothing in RDR actually felt dull to me, most of it feels very strong. The bounty hunting, the gang hideouts, the missions, the gambling games, catching different horses, hunting, its all really well done with the atmosphere and simply and satisfying and compelling

>RDR wasn't on PC
>RDR2 is but you have to use Windows 10 to play it
Not sure which is worse

SA is playable but the graphics aren't the same.

RDR is literally leaps and bounds greater and more remembered than any From game user. I know this board is like echo chamber and you guys really to stroke your own egos, but RDR will be remembered long after any Souls game.

>>RDR2 is but you have to use Windows 10 to play it
The fuck are you talking about? No it's not. Just because the game is on Xbone, doesn't automatically put it on the Windows store. That is not how that works.

it looked like he was holding pizza in the thumbnail

Except it is. The PC version IS the xbox version.

never got the love for it and I don't get the hype for 2.

I think, PUBG needs to be remastered first. It is getting old.

I for one personally don't understand people who can't get into the game. It's literally just jumping into the game, exploring, taking in the world, gambling, side quest, doing dumb shit with civilians in abusing the AI. Just like any other Rockstar game, it lets you literally do whatever you want.

Maybe people like yourself need something very in particular to grasp your interest, honestly don't know and don't care to know.

I guess having a remastered would be nice because then it would probably be on the switch and the PC. But this game is aged incredibly well.

This is footage of the game's engine filmed on the 360 and PS3

youtu.be/LHloJDgkUho

fuck pc, gayest shit

???
You will not being playing RDR2 on a Windows 10 PC on it's release day dude.

So sad this won't be the case with RDR2. It'll probably have the same watered down engine as V.

I don't know man, I love westerns, don't mind open world for the most part, love sandbox games where you have enough mechanics to dick around with, but found RDR to be really boring.

They did outsource the debugging to another company because they couldn't un-fuck their code.

>hurr give me more rehashes

Who's not rehashing in 2018?

Why ask for more?

you have to be playing on the ps3. xbox one has zero issues whatsoever

This is true. I messed around on it when not too long ago and it ran nicely. Looked sharper, too but this is on the X1X.