Is it dead? Is it worth getting into again? Is it still just a playground for autistic goons, or is there value there?

Is it dead? Is it worth getting into again? Is it still just a playground for autistic goons, or is there value there?

Other urls found in this thread:

eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait for the Chinese to migrate in sufficient numbers.

Chinese will never care about this game.

user, they have their own server.

And it's even worse than the one belonging to the rest of the world. It's literally one big fat corporation who owns everything.

And I've heard that groups are migrating across in search of more content.

I feel like a discussion of the Chinese population was not the point of the OP.

I think it's relevant as the situation is

No, it is not worth getting into again because the situation is stagnant and boring unless happens.

I don't know if its dead. I think the fact that I can stumble across groups of players regularly in the 2500ish wormhole systems that exist outside of the game's main travel lanes means its not.

But that's not to say people haven't abandoned areas of it either.
Just finished helping my first corp take care of blowing this thing up. Found 3 billion ISK worth of ships, weapons, ammunition, and more just abandoned inside.

people have been calling EVE dead from the moment it was released, it's fine, if you want to go play it, go play it

Googling 'EVE Online dead 2018' returns a zillion links where sperges are blathering about how the game's population has collapsed. Are they right?

Not even close. It's closer to the highest peak it has ever had than to the lowest low.

eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Is it more fun now than it was five years ago? Is it still nothing but a spreadsheet sim?

I never played it five years ago, but I'm curious about you, user. Have you played it before?

And I mean really, genuinely sat down for a few days and tried to understand it? Or are you just riding the spreadsheet bandwagon all the way to Meme City?

The only way I can really describe EVE is that there's nothing else I've played like it. I climbed out of the kiddie pool and right into the deep end from the get go when I loaded up an Imicus with some basic scanning gear and set off into Wormhole space.

Nothing in video games (except for Supreme Commander) makes my adrenaline fucking flow like running across another player in a WHole when I've spent hours salvaging whatever I can from sites. One wrong move can evaporate all the work I put in leading up to that moment.

And now I've finally gotten into a small WHole corp, and I'm seeing what its like to work with other players for a change and to be a part of a bigger effort.

I guess the only thing I can say is I'm having a good time.

I played it years ago. There were aspects of it that I very much enjoyed, and others that made it feel like a job that wasn't enjoyable. I'm asking if they've changed the experience so that there is more to do. I've been MMO shopping, WoW is kind of boring at this point, I don't like FFXIV, and the others are all dead, so I was considering EVE. The setting appeals more to me, too.

Whats the beginners guide? As I understand theres a lot of different professions, what is the most beginner friendly?

Don't they have their own server

Most beginner friendly is going to be sitting around a rock somewhere in HighSec mining it. Not my idea of fun but some people really take to min-maxing the shit out of it. I honestly don't recommend it. Grab some explo gear, jump into a random hole, and never look back. (Not beginner friendly at all but a great learning experience)

Can't speak to that. And while I totally understand the "job" part you're getting at, currently, I find myself strangely proud to be helping out my merry little band of WHole divers. It feels good to see the relationship grow as they give me more access to the corp's inner workings and shit. Then again, I'm a lonely faggot who spends most of his time playing video games alone, so take it as you will.

Was thinking about resubbing earlier tonight. What's this resource wars about? Is it fun?

Don't mine, find a group and do incursions in high sec. It's way more money and way easier.

PVE is fucking retarded easy if you have the right people

fresh start when

They do but it's all controlled by one single group now which has made the whole thing boring.

So apparently some of them are migrating to 'our' server which is more dynamic. Thus far, I've heard only a smattering of them have turned up but if they come in significant numbers then that might shift the balance of power meaningfully.

>one group
How even? Like I'd assume some sort of civil war would have broken out by now.
Or did they enact communism in their EVE server where all players are required to fly Corvettes only under penalty of death?

No clue.

Although I have heard everyone just bots.

And they've been doing it so long that they have an unbelievable amount of resources and the economy has completely tanked.