Did the chozo not really think the Metroids weren't going to backfire?

Did the chozo not really think the Metroids weren't going to backfire?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/games/nintendo-3ds-bestsellers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The situation was rather desperate considering how quickly the X grow out of control

They wouldn't have gotten out of control if not for the Dust or whatever the fuck it was on SR388. Haven't touched SR since I got to the second-to-last area. I can't remember the name of the magical space shit.

they literally could see into the future, that's why they gave samus the power suit

How exactly did the metroids backfire? Chozo tech absolutely wrecks them just look at the Ice Missile. Where in the story line were Metroids ever a problem? In Metroid 2 they only exist on one planet and you go and eradicate them all by yourself and there's not even that many of them.

When they started evolving and infesting the planets and the Chozo had to put systems in place to seal them away?

I'm not familiar with this I've only played the 2d metroid games. In metroid 2 though samus by herself goes to the single planet they inhabit and there's only a handful of them and you genocide them all.

How exactly were they out of control and if they were infesting planets, plural, why do you eradicate them all by killing a small group in metroid 2 on a single planet?

>a handful
No. There's a shitload and that's after a lot of them were transported offworld.

>planets
I made a typo. Planet.

of course not, they can be simply dealt with ice. It wasn't until phazon they became a threat, but so does everything else

that last thread was awful
nintendo.com/games/nintendo-3ds-bestsellers
also loling at the Kiraposting faggot saying Star Fox is selling better despite the giant bomb that was Zero

There's like 40 metroids in metroid 2 how is that a large number exactly? They were quarantined on the planet and you go and kill them all in a few hours they don't seem like they were out of control and threatening anything other than perhaps the planet they were on.

The Metroids were never supposed to evolve.

Really? Explain.

>oh shit we need a backup plan
>uh....how about an equally as dangerous parasitic species of monster, the SA-X?
>brilliant!
Birds don't have big brains

not him, assuming chozo being wiped out led to no control

metroids were made to counter x parasites

>make metroids to eat x parasites
>oh fug aeion mutates metroids
>metroids now mutate

1 is able to kill just about anything. 40, many of which have evolved to lose their weakness to cold temperatures, are unstoppable. And they had to be dealt with because
>some assholes go and acquire a Metroid, either in egg or larva form
>expose them to beta rays
>whoops now these assholes have an army of unstoppable aliens that they can drop on any planet to render it uninhabitable

Why are you acting autistically obtuse? What is there to explain about "Metroids were never supposed to evolve"? It probably means that Metroids were never supposed to evolve, you insane motherfucker.

they literally made them so with the intent of keeping them in the larva state(the one everyone recognizes). They were docile and cool as fuck. Then when they took them to SR388 to kill all the X there was some energy(Aeigon) and it fucked with them and made them evolve and angry and shit

Things got out of hand.

I still don't really get what was happening there

Hell of a moment when you see it though

>military has finally had enough of the scientists screwing things up
>stage a coup

I just didn't know the full story. Metroid was not the only series with alien bosses that transform.
Don't get me wrong the fact that there's lore on why they can transform is good story telling. Other games just have different boss phases with transforming aliens that transform just because you hit the next phase.

They were supposed to stay in their base form only created to kill X but Aeion fucked them up and caused them to mutate into bigger stronger forms. The Chozo was no longer able to control them and decided to seal them away within the planet to keep them from ever getting out.

I’m assuming the Chozo Didact there took interest in the Metroids and X and gave his men orders to capture some so they could bring it with them and kill the good Chozo to keep it all a secret. They may be trying to take over the galaxy in Metroid 5.

Birds have very simple mental faculty.

They weren't supposed to leave SR388, and they didn't until the Pirates found them.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't interpret that image as sinister in that sort of way. It seems more to me like all the rampant environmental damage and irresponsibility got the Chozo leadership executed when they called for evacuation.

Kinda hard to not view it as sinister considering how it was presented to the player

I thought it was more supposed to be jarring. "the Chozo called for help and got it- oh..."

It was shown the Chozo memories from Samus Returns that the Chozo were surprised by the evolution and they only turned against the Chozo when they evolved.