starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page
youtu.be/6AWgzNfzRCk?t=78
youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=5SY4lVElVSU

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

Nice try Disney

Xavier Wood
Xavier Wood

tfw movies are great (fuck off prequelautists)
tfw games, books, and Expanded Universe in general are the worst they've ever been

was it worth it?

Gabriel Wood
Gabriel Wood

Will be ruined by people arguing about the movies and bitching about disney

But my favorite game is the old battlefront 2, what's yours?

Cameron Fisher
Cameron Fisher

SUPERMAN LEIA

ALIEN TIDDY MILK

PORGS xdddd

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

that game was so pretty

Ethan Price
Ethan Price

newcanon
great

Brody Howard
Brody Howard

pretty shit

Nicholas Wood
Nicholas Wood

kill yourself disney shill

Dominic Young
Dominic Young

What?
The movies were never worse and we're having some really nice comic runs, also a couple of recent good books.

Are you just trying to bait with unpopular opinions?

Aaron Morgan
Aaron Morgan

anyone that disagrees with me is disney
clonewarsbabby detected

Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers

god EA is handling the licence so poorly

I kind of wish Disney would go the Warhammer route and let anyone with half a brain make a Star Wars game

Michael Baker
Michael Baker

REEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING DISNEY NIGGERS KIKES FEMINISTS MARY SUES RUINING MUH STAR WARS. FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST THE LAST JEDI WILL GROSS *ONLY* $1.4 BILLION, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE.

Sebastian Diaz
Sebastian Diaz

The force unleashed was trash, just a boring God of War clone.

Jaxon Martinez
Jaxon Martinez

warhammer route where they just randomly give the license to some nobodies and resulting shit

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

CURRENT YEAR marvel is SO shit, Disney is still outsourcing Star Wars comics to other publishers
just

Landon James
Landon James

They're fucking shit.
Rogue One was alright though.

Make a game about the only movie of the new three that even mattered (even though it didn't at all, since it's a throwaway non-canon story)

Austin Stewart
Austin Stewart

I think Disney just didn't really care about the video game aspect of the business, considering Lucasarts had just tanked, so they gave the license to the biggest publisher in the business and didn't care as long as they were paid their dues.

However, with the headaches they've been getting EVERY TIME EA releases a new game, I can't imagine Disney will renew the license once it expires. They're pragmatic if nothing else, and this kind of bad PR isn't good for the brand.

Chase Parker
Chase Parker

most of you will never know that 2002-2005 feel

Jeremiah Sanders
Jeremiah Sanders

I just want more star wars shooters that play like academy or original battlefront

John Clark
John Clark

tfw movies are great
I can't even begin to tell you how much of a pleb you are. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong, but the most recent one was a mess in terms of pacing, narrative and tone. I'm not even going into plot holes because I'd be here all fucking day. For fucks sake, the film has the narrative cohesion of silly putty.

Jacob Rodriguez
Jacob Rodriguez

I miss him.

Caleb Lopez
Caleb Lopez

He's right, pic is Force Unleashed 2. It was embarassing

You are trash

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

Fantasy has been doing pretty good for itself as far as the vidya goes.
Its 40k that's been flooded with nothing but shovelware.

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon Jenkins

Not
Canon

Jackson Ross
Jackson Ross

It has a couple of flat characters and it's a little too long, but people who act like it's some incoherent mess are fucking delusional. Wiki autism is not actual criticism.

Rogue One is boring trite shit with no reason to exist besides explaining why the Death Star had an exhaust port. But oh I guess Darth Vader showed up to kill people with his lightsaber so it was EPIC FOR THE WIN xdddd

Hunter Gomez
Hunter Gomez

s-shut up! You are all NAZIS AND RUSSIAN BOTS!

Isaiah Stewart
Isaiah Stewart

modeling a sexualised twi'lek after the new tomb raider actress

Xavier Edwards
Xavier Edwards

Its a QTE fest with shit saber combat thats a joke compared to games before it like Jedi Outcast. Its trash hombre.

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

Its actually worked out incredibly well for the Warhammer brand because while they will let basically anyone work on a Warhammer game, they are wise about how they dole out the sub-licences and how they promote the games

The good group of middle-tier Warhammer games (Vermintide, Blood Bowl, etc.) wouldn't likely exist if Games Workshop continued to licence the franchise the way they used to

Star Wars could benefit greatly from a similar approach, though maybe not _as_ willy-nilly in giving the licence out.

Henry Anderson
Henry Anderson

"Rogue One: The Battle of Scarif" was mindless fun. I enjoyed it way more than the last jedi

Aaron Phillips
Aaron Phillips

me too user...

also Dash Rendar and the post-sarlac adventures of Boba Fett

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

Actually the end of the movie was the least good part about it.
What made Rouge One great was the comraderie and somewhat empathy you feel for the characters.

You get none of that with episode 7 and 8, Finn is probably the most likeably character and I wouldn't care for a second if he died, let alone the rest of the bunch.

Jackson Brooks
Jackson Brooks

But Jedi Outcast is the best star wars game they ever made, not a fair comparison
It was a different genre and had differen targets and purposes

Zachary Martinez
Zachary Martinez

It's up

Aiden Ward
Aiden Ward

but people who act like it's some incoherent mess are fucking delusional. Wiki autism is not actual criticism.
if you want to have a plot that makes sense and characters who have realistic motivation and take logical actions based on that motivation then you're autistic.
Proudly autistic here.

Parker Ross
Parker Ross

Not an excuse. TFU is just lazy and boring.
Nobody would remember it if not for the part where you forcepull a Star Destroyer.

Owen Rodriguez
Owen Rodriguez

was the comraderie and somewhat empathy you feel for the characters
I felt literally nothing for the characters. I had way more empathy for a group of iteally who clones after 3 episodes of Clone Wars

Alexander Nguyen
Alexander Nguyen

Why do you think they kill off the old characters, that's the only way they could eke an emotional response out of most people.

Blake Jackson
Blake Jackson

u mad bro?

Austin Lopez
Austin Lopez

Dark Forces 2 or Kotor is the best SW game ever made

Kevin Harris
Kevin Harris

Horses for courses then mate.
Hell Disney probably did this by design to capture what might otherwise be a polarized audience for the other episodes.

Joseph Robinson
Joseph Robinson

Playing KOTOR 1 for the first time
Just finished the Leviathan, now on Korriban
Talk to HK-47 after he remembers
It turns out that Revan had programmed the term 'meatbag' into HK because Revan found it funny when HK called Malak that
Malak was the first meatbag
I fucking love HK so much

Charles Edwards
Charles Edwards

What the.....

Super Star Destroyer incoming!!

Oliver Torres
Oliver Torres

TFU is just lazy and boring.
It's babby's first hack n'slash. You can get half a challenge by paying the hardest difficulty, but they were purposely going for the mindless gameplay type
While lightsaber was bad, it did great as sith power fantasy, and story was better than the canon stuff that replaced it

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

or Kotor
KOTOR2 was a better game overall, but KOTOR was better as a typical star wars jedi game.

Brayden Bennett
Brayden Bennett

Who's left of Jango Fett? Is that meant to be Darth Sion?

Adrian Murphy
Adrian Murphy

So how many rts star wars games are there and which one is the best?

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

He's great.
Almost all of his lines are pure gold.

Hunter Howard
Hunter Howard

Finn is actually about to have a major character scene resulting in an actual heroic sacrifice, unlike Purple Hair's.
The past two movies, he's been concerned for only himself and Rey. Running from the past, the empire, and the pain. But now he has changed his priorities and values
Finn now holds the resistance and it's members dear to him. He will give his life so that the resistance can live on.
But then Rose crashes into him, stopping him from doing something right and damning everyone in the fort to their deaths.
Johnson needs to be shot.

Nathan Morales
Nathan Morales

Republic Commando has gotta be mine, love that fuckin game.

Luke King
Luke King

Disney didn't have shit to do with clone wars.
Horses for courses
People who say this are usually retards with no concept of subjectivity/objectivity, unfortunately you aren't bucking the trend.

Juan Edwards
Juan Edwards

I've been screenshotting my favorites

Gavin Sanchez
Gavin Sanchez

but muh gurrrl power

Nathaniel Edwards
Nathaniel Edwards

Age of Empires devs made Age of Empire Star Wars and nobody even remembers it
Yet it has a huge mod community and it got patched as hell, now it runs in 4K, and they also made tons of new content

Kayden Hughes
Kayden Hughes

I played through that recently. Was fun, but I felt like it got repetitive and didn't really utilize its gimmick enough. Would love to see another developer try to make a successor to that (star wars or not)

Benjamin Gomez
Benjamin Gomez

FOR WHICH AGE OF EMPIRES?!

Hudson Cox
Hudson Cox

It's a full standalone game m8

Brody Scott
Brody Scott

Finn's sacrifice wouldn't have worked though. He wasn't going to make it through the beam. His ship was falling apart, and Poe said it was a suicide run.

people just assume Finn would have destroyed the beam because people are so attached to the past cliches of heroic sacrifices and harebrained schemes working every time in Star Wars, even though the movie does all it can to deconstruct that notion. The idea is that living to fight another day is more important than throwing your life away for no reason.

Elijah Ramirez
Elijah Ramirez

HK deserves more appreciation

Zachary Sanders
Zachary Sanders

Holy fucking shit I gotta try this out sometime.

Adrian Sanchez
Adrian Sanchez

As I saw it, I would think it would have crashed into the cannon before the beam fired. The ship was being ripped apart, but it wasn't actually gone yet and there's still the impact and explosion of the ship itself inside the laser cannon.

Anthony Lee
Anthony Lee

Also Canderous is a fucking bro

Owen Sanders
Owen Sanders

here you go
swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,11890,,100

literally plays like an Age of Empires 2 reskin

Carson Hernandez
Carson Hernandez

even though the movie does all it can to deconstruct that notion

except 5 minutes beforehand another character successfully makes a heroic sacrifice

I guess its okay when a strong womyn does it

Andrew Powell
Andrew Powell

get this Gary outta my face, so sick of people bringing him up.

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

And in the beginning of the movie with the bomber.

Aaron Gomez
Aaron Gomez

to paraphrase a quote from a halo book, there's a difference between a life spent and a life wasted

Lincoln Scott
Lincoln Scott

Get the fuck out

Dylan Sanders
Dylan Sanders

how bout you get the fuck out, go suck kyle katarn's nuts somewhere else kid.

Austin Rivera
Austin Rivera

Thank you man I really appreciate it.

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

like, im not saying that Finn's suicide run would have worked, im just saying that you cant excuse the stupidity of Rose's actions based on the idea that its trying to "deconstruct the heroic sacrifice" when the rest of the movie doesn't attempt that at all

Christopher Myers
Christopher Myers

We're in a Star Wars golden age for video games, you faggots are all too dense to realize it.
New Battlefront 2 is actually good
Old Battlefront 2 has been resurrected completely
Movie Battles 2 has more players than ever
EaW also revived, Republic at War 1.2 just came out

Mason Johnson
Mason Johnson

To paraphrase a quote from Fyodor Dostoevskys': Crime and Punishment, go fuck yourself, retard.

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

Cooper Taylor
Cooper Taylor

Yet it has a huge mod community and it got patched as hell, now it runs in 4K, and they also made tons of new content

FUCKING WHAT!!!

Brody Perry
Brody Perry

what are your thoughts on the new expanded universe?
pic related

Ayden Ward
Ayden Ward

what's wrong with it in your opinion?

Jonathan Martin
Jonathan Martin

Super Star Wars was pretty good. I felt it went down in quality with Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi though.

Nicholas Reyes
Nicholas Reyes

haha no, even disregarding the lootbox fiasco, the best I can say about it is that it looks good. I went to a friends to play it after he bought it and we ended up playing BF4 after 2 hours. That's how bad it was.

Jack Morales
Jack Morales

Not him, but I fail to see what's good about it other than the graphics
My roommate got it for PS4 and even he barely plays it
Tried it and I felt like crying for all the wasted potential

Anthony Martinez
Anthony Martinez

when the rest of the movie doesn't attempt that at all

disregarding Leia chewing out Poe for his retarded dreadnought attack that lost the Resistance its entire bombing fleet because he can't think strategically and will throw lives away for the slightest short term gain
Poe's entire arc is learning how to be a true leader and understanding the human value of war and knowing when to cut your losses and retreat in order to fight another day

oh wait that was just part of the jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race by telling them to listen to womyn

Nolan Jenkins
Nolan Jenkins

When does the license expire?

Keep in mind EA had strangleholds on many licensed deals, such as NFL Games and for almost 2 decades an exclusive license to use Porsche cars in their games

Sebastian White
Sebastian White

This is what you call a golden age? One new game and three old games that are still being supported?

wew lad

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

three old amazing games that were completely dead and now have an active player base, kill yourself.

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

Poe's entire arc is learning how to be a true leader

you need to follow crazy suicidal leaders because maybe they have a secret plan to make you look bad

Gavin Cook
Gavin Cook

I just realized their isnt a single Darth in the new trilogy....

Luke Robinson
Luke Robinson

only three star wars games released since nu-star wars began
one is a mobile game
one is a decent shooter
last is that same decent shooter, but "now with singleplayer(tm)!!"

but no, its a golden age because modders and fans are doing their damndest to make decade old games worth playing in 2018

Leo Lee
Leo Lee

The game looks great, but it gets old fast. Still better than the first, but that isn't saying much.

Brandon Lee
Brandon Lee

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Ian Turner
Ian Turner

They'd all be bottom tier bitches anyway compared to true Dark Lords like Revan and Malak

Thomas Johnson
Thomas Johnson

I've put almost 100 hours into it and I have 3 other friends that play it pretty often too. The gameplay is solid, it's got 12 dice quality maps from different eras (not even counting the strike or space maps). Also like how most of the maps have a blend of land/air gameplay going on, like in the very first Battlefront.

It's an amazing looking game sure, but it's got a lot more going for it.

But Sup Forums will keep hating it because of Reddit, and the "Hurr lootboxes" when you can't even buy them with real cash.

Charles Richardson
Charles Richardson

I am currently watching 2bestfriendsplay kotor
I just installed kotor 2. What should I know for character creation?

Brandon Sanders
Brandon Sanders

The sith is over. I think Snoke wanted to bring it back. Kylo seems like he's going to become more of a gray force user now.

Juan Green
Juan Green

New Star Wars game comes out
"This is shit, why don't they just make it like the original"
*original gets brought back from the dead with an active player base*
"fuck why are there no Star Wars video games?"

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

That's not because of Disney

That's specifically because anything "new" about Star Wars is so shit, fans had to leech from the past

Jayden Diaz
Jayden Diaz

Disney is at fault for this lack of good Star Wars games though. They were the ones who gave an exclusive license to EA when they should have done what LucasArts did in the past by allowing a developer to come to them with a vision for a game and letting them do it.

This exclusive EA shit is what is causing this depression of Star Wars games and Disney is at fault for that. I can't even pretend to take solace in the movies because I would have to pretend they were amazing when they really were just average action films now and the most recent one destroyed any desire for me to see a new movie in the franchise.

Luis Allen
Luis Allen

Go for full on force powers. Sith lord is the strongest class in the game no contest. You can clear entire rooms of enemies with force storm and pretty much lock down all bosses with the sith lord ability force crush so that they never even get the chance to touch you.

Adrian Cook
Adrian Cook

Nah. Disney greenlit Gog to patch the old BF2, you could just do a google search to confirm that if you'd like.

Stay salty though.

Ethan Walker
Ethan Walker

It's like some underage faggots fur fabric.

Caleb Turner
Caleb Turner

piece of scrap made by some otaku alien is better then any fucking lightsaber
FUCKING DISNEY

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

I am currently watching 2bestfriendsplay kotor
I'm sorry for you.
Also the game is fairly easy. Go with whatever you enjoy. But like the other guy said,Sith lord is pretty fun

Nathan Murphy
Nathan Murphy

disregarding Leia chewing out Poe for his retarded dreadnought attack that lost the Resistance its entire bombing fleet because he can't think strategically and will throw lives away for the slightest short term gain
When you have only one scene as the crux of your theory then either you're wrong or the director failed in making the intent clear. Either way, when a movie has no point, or fails to coherently express that point then it's an objectively bad film.

Justin Parker
Justin Parker

That's what I think as well. I think Kotor 2 is a better and more interesting game, but if we're talking about the best game that captures those SW feelings, it has to be Kotor 1.

Anthony Sanders
Anthony Sanders

I mean I get what they were going for, but brapping? Really? I'm willing to bet the guy who wrote that had a half-chub the entire time.

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

I said it before and I'll say it again: It REALLY feels like Rey was supposed to be Bastila, or similar to her, but they didn't want to commit to the idea and just decided to make her a boring Mary Sue where everything is handed to her on a silver platter.

Levi Price
Levi Price

Just accept that A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are the only good Star Wars movies and that Star Wars has went the way of Sonic the Hedgehog.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515729049240.webm

Joshua King
Joshua King

anyone have experience with the SW mods for X3? They good?

Evan Perez
Evan Perez

fur fabric
fan fiction, right?

Chase Smith
Chase Smith

I wouldn't be surprised if that was what they were trying to go for but again they were too pussy to do anything because they're terrified of anything not to do with the movies.

Holy shit you can hover over a webm now and it'll play? That's pretty cool.

Landon Mitchell
Landon Mitchell

Where's the Battlefield 2 server fuckos?

Landon Walker
Landon Walker

The gameplay is solid, it's got 12 maps

Sorry but gameplay is no Quake, it's no Halo, it's no CS.
You need better/more fun/more competitive gameplay to make me stay for the game alone; I was there for the Star Wars content, but while it's pretty looking, it's also pretty lacking considering I got better games to play, and this only pleases my Star Wars thirst for a weekend at best

Ayden Thompson
Ayden Thompson

decided to make her a boring Mary Sue where everything is handed to her.
Basilla kinda was this, she had this huge superiority complex because she is the republics greatest super weapon. But she also had this undercurrent of doubt and insecurity that really fleshed out the character.
At least that's how I remember it, I haven't played the game in 10 years.

Cooper Myers
Cooper Myers

Jewfront 2 still doesn't have Magnaguards or Droidekas

Jackson Sullivan
Jackson Sullivan

One instance of "suicide runs are bad". Two of you include rose/finn love scene.

THE FILM IS SCOTT DECONSTRUCTING HERIOC SACRIFICES.

Then goes on to have more heroic sacrifices, purple hair allu akbar, Luke force illusion

Henry Butler
Henry Butler

That's pretty spot on, for the most part. She acts very high and mighty, but everyone always gives her shit for acting that way, and over time she mellows out somewhat. If you romance her, she becomes even more doubtful and insecure. It's actually quite well done, and the voice actress really makes it.

Parker Russell
Parker Russell

implying any SW credits hold a candle to the fanfares after the battle of the heroes in III
youtube.com/watch?v=VSxvU46aQNg - 6:42

Benjamin Ross
Benjamin Ross

D A R K F O R C E S
A
R
K
F
O
R
C
E
S

Luis Lee
Luis Lee

aged like milk

Dylan Mitchell
Dylan Mitchell

le lost the will to live
le high ground
le not just force crush grievous ass for some reason

Jaxson White
Jaxson White

Yeah but Dark Forces XL though

Samuel Johnson
Samuel Johnson

gray force user
Such concepts are too convoluted and/or probably not cannon anymore thanks to Disney though.

Kevin Fisher
Kevin Fisher

posts things that have nothing to do with my post.

Isaiah King
Isaiah King

"gray" force is a fucking retarded concept

the light and dark side are in an eternal struggle and if someone uses the dark side at all they will eventually be consumed by it

Cameron Robinson
Cameron Robinson

thats a retarded concept too, the force is the force. a tool, a neutral thing.

Matthew Clark
Matthew Clark

What about Revan?

Connor Gutierrez
Connor Gutierrez

If you act like a goody two-shoes drone and kiss every ass you see, you're Light Side
If you're a fucking asshole you're with the Dark Side
If you act like a bit of a jerk you're with the Dark Side
No real in-between

Nathaniel Brown
Nathaniel Brown

I never said i wanted nu-battlefront to be like old battlefront. I own, play, and enjoy old battlefront and don't see the need for a replacement. The problem is that only one real star wars game has come out in a like year period now.

Joseph Lewis
Joseph Lewis

If you're white you're with the Dark Side and/or retarded.

Connor Adams
Connor Adams

You mean that guy who is not canon?
That's not true. Dooku was a Sith Lord but Yoda said he was not a murderer. He was still pure dark side though.

Ethan King
Ethan King

Most kids think like this though. And Star Wars is a kids franchise now thanks to Disney.

Jaxon Garcia
Jaxon Garcia

KOTOR has plenty of non-white and non-human Sith soldiers

Thomas Cook
Thomas Cook

le not just force crush grievous ass for some reason

That's a point. Other than Mace Windu Force Crushing Grevious in the 2003 Clone Wars show, why didn't the Jedi use the Force against Grievous? I assume that Force users are resistant to other people's Force abilities, but Grievous isn't a Force user.

Aiden Rodriguez
Aiden Rodriguez

Being interrogated by Admiral Karath aboard the Leviathan in KOTOR 1
WHERE IS THE JEDI ENCLAVE?
One of the options is "Alderaan. It's on Alderaan."

Easton Hall
Easton Hall

Lightsaber characters are almost worthless in BFII because rolling is stupidly OP
Chewbacca is unacceptably broken in HvV
Wookies are better than most hero’s at half the points cost
DeathTroopers/Flametroopers are garbage compared to Wookies
Palpatine was made OP against Troopers
Leia can spam alt fire from the far end of a map and get free one shots all game
I really want to like Battlefront II

Jose Thomas
Jose Thomas

Kids and disney don't give a fuck about KOTOR.

Don't get me wrong though I'm not arguing against you. Just saying that all Star Wars lore and stuff doesn't mean shit to Disney. They want star wars without george lucas. That's why they slowly kill off and/or change established characters so that they an create a franchise that can spawn lots of merchandise, spinoffs etc without being constrained by pesky things like cannon.

Jackson Hernandez
Jackson Hernandez

The thing is though that the opening scene with Poe and Poe's character arc are different from the Holdo and Finn scenes.

Leia rightfully chews Poe out for making "heroic sacrifices" when there's plenty of other options left.

Holdo's sacrifice adds to that theme by saying "When you are already dead and have nothing left, thats when you try a suicide run"

Finn tries a suicide run because it seems all hope for the Resistance is lost at that point. He has no way of predicting Luke and Rey will save their asses. According to the themes established by the previous two sacrifice scenes, Finn is justified in doing his sacrifice, regardless of whether or not it would actually work. That's why Rose "saving him" feels like bullshit.

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

Republic at War 1.2 just came out

I like that the mod added Admiral Trench from the Clone Wars show. I've been watching some of that show on Youtube, and he's a pretty cool villain.

youtube.com/watch?v=W2Z0cvPCzog

Jace Torres
Jace Torres

Best star wars game here.

Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez

not canon?
Revan is canon tho.

Joshua Murphy
Joshua Murphy

He's not. Disney removed the animated shows and EU/Old Republic from canon.

Leo Bennett
Leo Bennett

what the fuck? Word?

Austin Reed
Austin Reed

starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

No, CGI Clone Wars and Rebels are canon.

Aiden Price
Aiden Price

daily reminder that disney will rape star wars until nothing good is left

Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones

technically Last Jedi made the “Jedi Crusader” canon
Which is Revan

Kevin Walker
Kevin Walker

I legit wonder what kind of abomination the Han Solo movie will be.

Jack Cook
Jack Cook

De-canonizing an entire separate universe
KOTOR took place literally thousands of years before Luke and all that other stuff
Honestly for what purpose? All it's doing is severely limiting things to draw from.

Cameron Price
Cameron Price

I can see retconning the EU stuff that would have taken place during the nu-trilogy, but why KOTOR?
The whole point of setting the games thousands of years before the films was to distance it from the main canon as much as possible anyways.

Benjamin Mitchell
Benjamin Mitchell

Clone Wars and Rebels are canon. Old Republic stuff is iffy. They don't have a definite answer to it, but they won't be "reusing" the ideas in the official canon works anytime soon since the MMO is still active.

Gavin Evans
Gavin Evans

There was nothing good about Star Wars but the first and second OT movies and the Katarn video games anyway.
Fans can make better shit than Lucas or Disney.
youtu.be/6AWgzNfzRCk?t=78

Andrew Foster
Andrew Foster

reminder that disney and live action never mixed

Jason White
Jason White

Because the whole point of Disney is murdering anyting you ever loved

Adam Watson
Adam Watson

I disrespectfully disagree.

Luis Martin
Luis Martin

God this whole first order vs resistance shit is retarded. They were so desperate for an empire vs rebels scenario that the new bad guys just come out of nowhere with more resources than the empire being able to build the same shit but 3 times bigger, and fucking annihilate the new republic with one laser blast before they could even explain what they were and how they took over the galaxy after the empire's defeat. I think there's another reason why they removed the space politics other than "not wanting to be like the prequels", there's no fucking way you can make the first order's uprising seem legit and not sound fucking retarded

Connor Morales
Connor Morales

Knowing Disney, maybe because they want to do a shitty netflix spin-off series that takes place in the old republic era.

Luis Hall
Luis Hall

I'd say something about HK-47 or Canderous getting a spin-off series, but then I realize that they'd completely butcher their characters.

Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore

just you wait for the R2D2 movie

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

Now you're just fucking with me.

James Morales
James Morales

I WANT A NEW CLONE WARS SERIES WITH GOOD VISUALS. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian Flores
Christian Flores

I don't see the point in caring about the logical consistency behind how the Star Wars universe got from RotJ to TFA because it really does feel like TFA was meant to be a soft reboot, and also because its obvious that at least the movies are always going to be cheesy popcorn entertainment

Austin Powell
Austin Powell

They will just have HK show up for a few minutes as a cameo and have him say meatbag a couple times for epic nerd points and to show how in-touch didney is with the fans.

Dominic Bailey
Dominic Bailey

If it breaks my suspension of disbelief this badly, then it really does bear thinking about it, because something must've gone horribly wrong during the writing process.

Ayden Robinson
Ayden Robinson

i want a new piloting game

Xavier Myers
Xavier Myers

imagine prequels with no
le goofy droid rodger rodger xd
gungans
wooden acting
horrible writing like losing the will to live
midichlorians
anakin cutting off some black dudes hand suddenly allowed him to start killing children without a shred of remorse
force powers becoming ridiculously overpowered yet they still dont use them on grievous
being able to block fucking force lightning with a lightsaber
the emperor using lightsabers yet mocking luke in rotj for "using a jedi weapon"
all of the clones being fucking boba fett and being a maori retard

imagine if thing had went right

Christopher Thompson
Christopher Thompson

Imperial fucking shits
goddamn kek

Dylan Harris
Dylan Harris

I actually like the first one better. Better maps, Walker Assault Rules, more abilities and generally much more content, better interface, plus they removed character customisation.

Liam Morris
Liam Morris

melee heroes are useless in regular game modes unless it's crowded. And yeah what's up with Palpatine's lightning going through walls.
The first one was better IMO

Daniel Roberts
Daniel Roberts

for now, but you know it has to be on their roadmap somewhere

Isaac Perez
Isaac Perez

"One Star Wars movie every year"
God, it's more likely than I thought.

Chase Hill
Chase Hill

Star Wars is not a franchise about plot points, logic, or actions; it’s a franchise about ideas and feelings. And the point of this sequence is the idea of oppression and inequality, and the feeling of righteous indignation about it, and giving Rose the opportunity to vocalize those points and establish herself as the voice for that in this new trilogy. Because, again, it’s been a missed opportunity for a long time that Star Wars has been preoccupied with the experiences of royals, elites, religious orders, and other upscale characters at the expense of everybody else. It’s a really cool step to have this character, who’s essentially a one woman get-over-your-bullshit machine, come to this glamorous place and point out that the villainy isn’t just the space Nazis, it’s the upper class that lets the Nazis get away with stuff because they stand to benefit. You see, it’s the non-mystical, on the ground component that allows the film to get away from the narrowly classist vision of the Force going on in the Rey-Luke stuff

Brayden Hill
Brayden Hill

I've transcended this reaility NotACockroach and discovered a realm that lives between the burning embers of the night veil

David Hernandez
David Hernandez

with no reason to exist besides explaining why the Death Star had an exhaust port
'Saving Private Ryan has no reason to exist besides explaining how some stupid beach was captured'

Jace Walker
Jace Walker

why is the universe so tiny in Nuwars?

Jackson Perry
Jackson Perry

The people in charge arbitrating are not sci fi or fantasy fans.

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

Rogue One is honestly the most boring movie I've ever seen. I had never fallen asleep during a movie before I went to see RO. And I love Star Wars, even parts of the prequels

Alexander Bailey
Alexander Bailey

Legit question:
Is Battlefront 2 worth buying despite all the backlash? Is there a good game beneath the controversy? All the reviews are from the time of launch so I don't know if the updates have made the game better

Joshua Bennett
Joshua Bennett

It's weird that the majority of Star Wars games are shit,.You'd think it wouldn't be hard to fuck up a franchise like it, but hey, if Disney can, anybody can I guess.

Good SW Vidya Tier
Battlefront 1 + 2
Empire at War
X-Wing/TIE Fighter
Battlegrounds
Jedi Outcast
KOTOR 1 + 2
Galaxies
rebellion

Asher Jackson
Asher Jackson

LITERALLY ONLY 2 GAMES RELEASED

HAHAHAHAHAAAAHH STAR WARS IS DEAD

Landon Gutierrez
Landon Gutierrez

fuck me forgot

Republic Commando
Jedi Academy but JUST barely

Gabriel Bennett
Gabriel Bennett

Revenge of the Sith is my 2nd favorite SW movie

Landon Phillips
Landon Phillips

Disney literally said the Empire's canon reason for being made was to make people unhappy because Pal - sorry, SHEEV XDD is mean and every single Imperial is evil.

Because things must be the depth of a drying puddle in Disneyworld.

Juan Phillips
Juan Phillips

can admiral soccer mom be the new jarjar?

Josiah Phillips
Josiah Phillips

Did you play the first one? There is nothing to buy anymore but the progression systems still bear the marks. There are still some game-breaking issues and the devs don't communicate. Honestly if you played the first one and liked it it's worth a buy (plus it's cheap now)

Joshua Mitchell
Joshua Mitchell

That's already Finn.

Parker Gomez
Parker Gomez

movies are great
kek

Aiden Collins
Aiden Collins

that fucking critics/viewers dichotomy

Nolan Ramirez
Nolan Ramirez

chinks says that they would have liked finn if they cast someone like will smith, because hes good looking.

David Morgan
David Morgan

Yes. Star Wars is a movie franchise and the movies are frankly all that matter. It would be nice if the new comics, books and games didn't suck but you can't have everything.

Jaxson Cooper
Jaxson Cooper

They're both shit kid. Shit movies, shit eu. Wasn't worth it in the slightest.

at least they will never be able to delete the og 1-6 + games comics etc from the face of the earth

Dominic Flores
Dominic Flores

youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=5SY4lVElVSU

how could so much go wrong

Isaiah Rodriguez
Isaiah Rodriguez

Prequels are fun in a trainwreck way with I AM THE SENATE and INFINITE POWAH.

The best the Nu movies have is Kylo Ren. TLJ was like 90% filler. And Rey the omnipotent force goddess mary sue who can never fall to the Dark Side is the fucking worst.

Brayden Robinson
Brayden Robinson

HK is the fucking best.

In 2 when the Exile talks to him he trashtalks Carth and Bastila.
"Oh master, I cannot trust you or anyone else ever again"
"Oh master, I love you but I hate everything you stand for"

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit