Did Sup Forums ever play this? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Did Sup Forums ever play this? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7G08nOaJzRA
youtube.com/watch?v=PYEkF6t65x8
youtube.com/watch?v=3rjSSYXoOGE
youtu.be/zrt7ebqmZ3M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, I’m waiting for the switch port.

>about
Kinda awkward compared to the first, and not as big a fan of the music, but at least it isn't free riders.

>2D anime-esque art replaced with 3D renders
>No Studio WiT intro
>Gear is a lot more bulky looking compared to the simple style of the first Riders. Some rides look downright unappealing
>6 gear types, which sounds cool as shit
>But each 2 can only do one of the three grind, flight, and power abilities
>Drift replaced with a slower bass drop drift (not as good)
>OST while great mostly doesn't fit
youtube.com/watch?v=7G08nOaJzRA
Sounds like something from PSO
>The new robots
>Almost never run out of air
>Have to get an item in 8th place to attack
>Gravity dive has a long startup and is only useful at certain parts compared to the boost button in the first one
>DUDE BABYLON AYYLMAOS (Then again, they did have jets on Babylon Garden)
>Billy hatcher appeared in one Rider game too late
>80s/90s Blvd appeared in one Riders game too late

That's my take on it.

Huh how convenient I'm actually replaying these games right now with my younger brother. Sonic Riders is pretty fast paced and I really enjoy the stages and survival mode. I didn't play Zero Gravity that much but I do remember the OST being the best in the series. It seemed slower from the first Riders but it allowed better control and made utilizing the zero gravity ability amazing. Though I still need to replay both games to get a better consensus, these were honestly the better racing games out there in that era and I hope that they make another one in the same vein as the these two. Wave is my main who did Sup Forums play as?

Entirely fair criticism. Can't really disagree with much there. I loved the concept and getting gud with the skates was fun as hell. I did like the gravity mechanics and thought they were cool but I do agree the SR drift was way better. Only upside to the Grav drift is you can aim it up and get onto secret paths even if you miss your initial jump. Its a good saving grace.

Shadow due to starting with skates or getting them super early. Otherwise Sonic and Knux. Wasn't a big fan of fly skills. Also stalking a power character as they take a power short cut so you can take it as well is a nice touch. Original, Sonic.

Amazing ost, fun spin on the game compared to 1.
The only game I liked Silver in

Well, I'm glad at least one person read it, the gravity mechanic did have a lot of potential, specially with the secret paths, but it was executed half-baked imo, but make no mistake, even I had fun with it at times, Gigan Rocks a best. Though, not being able to pull off your own tricks is disappointing.
I would love another one, but it's not gonna happen, especially with Sega All Stars Racing being a thing.
>Main
Speed: Shadow
Fly: NiGHTS
Power: Storm

Inferior to the first game in every way except the soundtrack.

Unfortunately you speak the truth. I don't see them returning to the riders spinoffs in the future. This is probably for the best after what Free Riders has done to the series.
The first game did everything correct with the racing genre
>drifing is challenging but once it's pulled off correctly it rewards you
>opening is fantastic and the comic book artstyle added to it
>Survival mode felt so much like Kirby Air Ride
>Nice roster though is correct about Billy not being in the game
>CPU is hard as fuck but it just adds to the sweet victory when you do beat them
I can see it being very difficult for people who are just getting into the spin off series but it's a pretty hectic racing game which is what I always imagined for a sonic racing game. I hope Riders net play becomes a thing soon so I can race with anons.

I've never seen a thread for this game after all these years. I THINK it was fun but I strangely don't remember much about it, multiplayer was nice though

Reminder if you don't get an SSS rank every time you do a jump, you are doing it wrong.

Fun but wasn't as good as the first

Not as good as the first game

>First game has realistic drifting mechanics
>you have to maintain your air fuel, which is easy if you aren't bad.

>Second game replaces air drifting with gravity drifting
>Instead of drifting around a tight turn you stop in place to turn around and do a 180
>You also have to use your gravity for long straightaways
>if you can't do either of these you're fucked

The hate for these games is literally a meme

The story and setting seem like they were going to be in a main game, until they decided on going the World Adventure route. Cyberpunk is rather natural for Sonic, all things considered

The first one is better.

Seriously though, that shading style was genuinely fucking cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=PYEkF6t65x8

I remember enjoying the first way more. God damn I put so much time into that game.

>that part where sonic is doing sick tricks while falling down
everything about this intro does a great job hyping me up for a race. I just beat the game and I'm just having the intro play over and over while I wait for Zero Gravity to download
I can understand Free Riders since it did have some issues being a kinect game. Past that, I think Free Riders had potential to be a great riders since it did look pretty good in HD and the stages were mildly alright.

Kinda preferred it to the original. Also, surprisingly good plot and basically confirms Wave for best girl of the franchise from a character standpoint.

When it does, tell me if it has an opening cause I can't remember. Not the cutscene I mean like Sonic Speed Riders. I could've sworn they did something with ZG's OP theme.

>not as big a fan of the music
fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=3rjSSYXoOGE

Best one imo.
>The getting off your board thing in the first sonic riders and air tunnels were fucking stupid and seemed like a mechanic added to make people think it was fake deep. But it did spawn the nice inside meme that is "_____ IS LOSING MOMENTUM"

But with this game

>The OST is leagues better than the 1st and the roster is better.
youtu.be/zrt7ebqmZ3M
>better story if i recall correctly
>New gear types and gear designs are pretty sleek and the gravity bracers/maps look visually appealing
>Though they got rid of drifting and the air maintnence which people think added more depth to the game,
>The new gear change mechanic adds even more meta and depth especially in prix races
>Depending on your gears your style would change to a focus on different aspects of the game (Some gear changes gave you more gravity usage, more top speed, better turning, activated earlier or later in the race, increased ring cap, Improved picked up items, or allowed the ability to ghost to name a few)
>Characters had different stats making who you pick have their own literal strengths and weaknesses but all in all felt pretty balanced.
These two combinations of gear and character would make you going through a prix realize what stages you will have to try hard on and which ones you will have an easier time in but overall you would still be on your toes.
>Doesnt come without faults however every stage is basically the same at a base level. A few shortcuts hear add to the variety but there are usually 2/3 sharp turns and a straightaway where if you dont gravity rush you are a retard that deserved to lose. Makes 30% of races feel similar but the ones that end up differently are pretty fun.
>the robots also suck in this game

Sad that the game gets a bad rep

Speed:Silver
Strength:Eggman (main)
Fly:Silver