youtube.com/watch?v=GFNCScwGXhc
youtu.be/hw8uoSY-tpU?t=1m44s
youtube.com/watch?v=kDzASOspiQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ynk9TRv6QpA
youtube.com/watch?v=31zA6_tOTnc&t=141s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I finished Yakuza Kiwami tonight.

I knew what was coming, but I wanted a happy ending dammit

I'm about to start Yakuza 4, what should I expect?

A good ol' time. And rubber bullets.

A pretty alright game with some annoying bits that drag a lot, weird ass story twists, and short chapters. Also play on Hard, it is easy as fuck otherwise.

I liked 4, but it could have been better in a lot of respects.

Saejima's part is shitty

Saejima's part was my favorite one up until the big twist cheapened his whole deal. Also running around those over-complicated set paths in Kamurocho to avoid cops at certain points was a bit of a chore too I guess.

Once you cross that line kiryu, there's no going back...

>lol 9mm

>proceeds to go back and forth once a year for the next 4-5 years straight

playing through yakuza 2 right now, and I hear in kiwami 2 the Kiryu getting stabbed scene is butchered.
Does anyone have a link to the scene? I can't find it anywhere.

Rubber bullets can be very lethal.

the one in Kiwami 2?
you can't, it's copyrighted

On Majima's part in Yakuza 5, how long is his part? 10 hours?

youtu.be/G9o3wOExNl0?t=5m27s

5:27

youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

based Yen

eh I wish he had played 2 first but at least he enjoyed k2

they guy with the gun killed him - kiryu just used him as shield as he was in the line of fire anyway

shitty 0fag meme

oh man that music is total, but yen's squeal was cute

Original for anyone interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=mXhEjtcnddg

I get goosebumps everytime seeing this scene. I love Yakuza 2 so much.

0 seconds

>tfw Ishin
>the only Yakuza game with the least amount of reused assets
>then you realize all of its original heat actions won't be reused again
youtube.com/watch?v=v1xQ6R0wgBU&t=666s

wow that absolutely fucking sucked, the music totally ruins the atmosphere.
thanks for that, though.

thumbnail pic related

the only problem i have with the game is majimas personality in the later games reduced to just a lifestyle change that he decided to take because of seeing other dudes live that way.

i thought he would have a serious mental breakdown that turned him into japanese joker. still loved the game though

I want to play Yakuza 6, starving for more Yakuza

I'm in the same boat as you, decided to give ishin a 2nd chance after dropping it and it's kind of scratching that yakuza itch I have. Maybe you'll like it too.

Can't play Kenzan or Ishin because I don't know Japanese and want to understand the story

This is still my all-time favorite Yakuza related song.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhXkgr-2_sI

Kenzan and Ishin both have decent guides, and SaltyYen translates both games fully.

I've 100% both, and I don't know fuck-all Japanese.

That's nice. Still too lazy to import. I haven't played Dead Souls as well and kinda don't want to. I just want another mainline game.

There's a guide for that by KHHSubs. It explains everything in the game, from cutscenes to fighting styles.
It's probably my favorite licensed Yakuza song next to the intro of Kenzan. My favorite Yakuza OST is probably The Grudge.
youtube.com/watch?v=POsTDqh37io
Once 1:19 kicks in, I just start feeling a certain type of way.

was this in the Kurohyou live action drama?
I remembered seeing Nagoshi-san on ep. 2

Equip Tanimura with the bulletproof set at the end of the game which you get from doing side missions
You don't have to but it make that part less of a pain in the ass

I have no idea, I just thought the pic was hilarious. Wasn't there a new RGG live show announced? What the fuck is up with that? I can't seem to find any episodes.

>The Grudge

Interesting choice.

I don't know if I can downright pick a single favorite piece of in-game music, there's just too much gold.

>mfw this first started playing

youtube.com/watch?v=jm2XOHTEpFw

>ice stones
What the fuck

If you rub them together, it makes ice.

Yeah, it had to be something from 2 because 2 is my favorite one in the series, if I had to pinpoint my favorite it would have to be The Grudge but like you said, there are too many gems to choose from. One day I could be feeling Block Head Boy, the other day it could be Evil Itself.

>tfw your favorite song is used in the worst boss fight playing the worst character

youtube.com/watch?v=OFWSybUv41I

youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

same on that nani

>tfw your favorite is used on best character

youtube.com/watch?v=l1lPEPmljlw

stop fucking spamming this shitty video

Why do I feel like I'm in a black church right now?
Seriously, fuck Baba. I can't believe fans actually liked him enough to be brought back in Ishin and yet Shinada only appeared on a fucking card.

Japs love suicidal tenancies.

this is best Kanai track tho
youtube.com/watch?v=GFNCScwGXhc

Makes for great Youtube videos.

considering Daito Shunsuke himself didn't have a lot of major roles on televiison

make me

Remember everyone, Kiryu doesn't ever kill anyone

youtu.be/hw8uoSY-tpU?t=1m44s

This is so funny, I hope you keep making these jokes!

this is easily my favorite licensed song after Crazy Ken

youtube.com/watch?v=kDzASOspiQ8

The music in 6 is great too, but fuck that game

I'M ONLLYYY A HUMAN

stfu

I just finished it recently, and holy shit, everything about the story was pretty great but chapter 8 and after was just sad.

The boss fight against Majima in Shangrila was pretty fuckin' cool.

They're fine.

Even the people in the helicopter he shoots down in a cutscene in 6 are okay.

>The boss fight against Majima in Shangrila was pretty fuckin' cool.

Yeah it was better in the original, because you hadn't fought his a hundred times by them.

Ice melts. When it melts it dilutes your drink. Chilled stones don't melt, so your drink stays strong

KIRYU-CHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

If it makes you feel any better, Shinada's VA is voicing best boy Rei in Hokuto ga Gotoku

It's now 10 years ago.

I still remember the angst.

I've only seen like 3 animes in my life but that's cool, I guess. Game looks fun so I'll definetly be getting it.

5's music was great in general

0fags will never understand

everyone shitting on K/K2, and 6 have no idea how lucky they are

I wonder how Shin Ryu ga Gotoku will be

All the games have A+ music, even 6.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ynk9TRv6QpA

What does 0 even have to do with it, the wait for 5 was way longer?

Kiryu pulled him front of machinegun fire rather than just dealing with the gunner before he started shooting.

>he wait for 5 was way longer?

yeah it was but 2 still felt longer

OISHII~!

Damn, that's cool fanart.

I hope there's a model swap mod somewhere that makes him the final boss.

>rather than just dealing with the gunner before he started shooting.

with fucking what

I guess because we had more games to play while playing 5, and I had already imported it - I didn't import 2 because I was poor as fuck at the time

Whatever he does to deal with the other gun/rocket launcher wielding enemies he routinely goes up against

Pretty sure 5 is the first time he went up against a rocket launcher.

If you watch again he literally just flips the guy around, not move him into the line of fire.

>to play while playing 5

while waiting for 5 even

someone already did that
but as an arena enemy
youtube.com/watch?v=31zA6_tOTnc&t=141s

>people waited 3 years for 5
>everyone now shits on it

meant for

Threads when 5 dropped were pretty great, no idea what happened.

>Majima in Kiwami 2
Why can't our boy just be happy? Also you now realise the only reason he married Mirei Park was because she looked like Makoto

Kiryu doesn't kill anyone... in cold blood.

>no idea what happened

The 5 hate didn't hit until 0's localization announcement IIRC.

I feel like the hate for previous games started piling up when Kiwami and 6 dropped in Japan, that's when people started bashing all the other games as well and when 0 got localized some people started saying how 0 was the only good game in the series. Pretty insane.

Even back then people were complaining about Saejima breaking out of prison again, Baba being shit, Akiyama not getting a full chapter, the final boss' identity being let down, the game dragging in general and so on.

Once the hype of actually having it wore down, people experienced how mediocre it was. Let's not forget the intro chapters with Kiryu is the best part of the game, hands down.

man saejima's sister was fuck ugly, had as much of a manjaw as saejima himself. Thank fuck Park, Makoto and Reina looked godly in the games to come afterwards

Most of the chicks look sort of off to be honest, even in the recent games (more noticeable with the hostess chicks)

It's odd how your starting hostess in 0 is without a doubt the qtest in the series though, is that what happens when you don't need to translate a real face into vidya gaem engines?

Most-all males are spot on though, i love Kuze's hard-boiled accurate look and his character itself

Eh, I enjoyed every part equally except for maybe Haruka. Her part was cool and all but the sidequests were pretty bad and the idol tasks were trash too like the handshaking and you always had to dance ot the same song which is still stuck in my head to this day.
I'm still mad about how much they fucked up Ai Uehara. They really need to drop modeling real women and just make their own since they can't model women for shit.

Kiryu's PS2 face > any of his PS3 faces

Yeah he looks like he's gotten plastic surgery to look more like Kenshiro in the PS3 games.

Yakuza 3 face > Yakuza 5 face > Monkey PS2 face > any other

i gotta try something like this someday. I'd enjoy playing ms. Park and beating up that no-good ex-husband of hers in the end

he looks like a Japanese Michael Jackson

Everyone looks weird after the PS2 games, like they had plastic surgery done.

Kiryu actually looked like a person. Who gives a fuck about Yuya..

>You should've paid the 800 yen for that water, Kiryu-san