Is getting a PS4 Pro worth it if I only plan to play in 1080p...

Is getting a PS4 Pro worth it if I only plan to play in 1080p? I have an original PS4 which I would trade in towards a Pro. I also plan on getting PSVR someday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7ZjP8or7LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kWwLqbutsfM&t=285s
youtube.com/watch?v=S2DWOdkpUDU
youtube.com/watch?v=xd_fqWZghIk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jto-03HKX9I
youtube.com/watch?v=odfYSiTpXpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your bloodborne won't run better

Unless your PS4 shits out, no.

You can play gran turismo sport in 4k (but not 60fps anymore lol)

Not for 1080p. Pro would probably be better for psvr. Only real draw for the pro is "4k" with hdr

I wish that console makers would prioritize more frames over muh 4k

except it will, fucking retard
OP, if you already have a PS4 it's not really worth it.

It's a tossup. The only thing you'd actually want a Pro for is better performance in DOAX VR. But if you wait long enough, maybe they'll add that stuff to the PC version.

Personally, I'm waiting until the PS5 comes out. Then I'll buy a Pro for nothing and pirate the handful of exclusives it had.

you wont get much higher than 1080p with a psprotato anyway

oh no op can run bunderbone now at stable 30 cinematic fps rather than 30 with dips to 25 fps oh nonono

I tried it recently, it still drops frames regularly.

Learn what framepacing is sped. Pro locks the game at 30fps, but neither variants fix the horrendous framepacing.

You're thinking of frame pacing, both Bloodborne and DaS 3 are fucked by it on consoles.

Pretty much every game has a "performance mode" that still renders at 1080p but increases performance; you may also supersample down to 1080p.

I use it almost exclusively for 1080p atm, works great.

regular ps4 also locks the game at 30fps

youtube.com/watch?v=F7ZjP8or7LQ

An example. Pretty much every non-indie title has this.

>no 4k@60fps in GTS
WAT!?

>Pretty much every non-indie title has this.
Why lie? The vast majority of even AAA games don't have that mode.

Psvr is propably the worst way to try out vr. Playstation vr is nothing than a over glorified headmounted 3d display while rift with its touch controllers actually let's you use your hands to interact with stuff in the games. Psvr just let's you sit there with your controller and it doesn't even look that good even with the pros limited power. Save those bucks user.

>1080p in 2018
for what purpose

But they do? All recent releases pretty much do.
The boost mode is for the older games.

>he doesnt enable boost mode.

I would love you to list the amount that do/don't. The vast majority of games have a resolution bump and that's it. Very few games let you pick what set up you want to use.

That was with boost mode on. Apparently it's frame pacing anyway.

Boost mode doesn't fix framepacing sped, it fixes the framerate which stops a few framepacing issues that op up from memory bandwith during loading areas. Just play The One Reborn and tell me how boost mode fixed that fights major framepacing.

>PS4 pro
>stable 30 in BB
I wish

Why? Just look it up yourself.

>Boost mode can fix in engine framepacing issues

No. Pro doesn't improve shit saddly. I bought a PS4 some weeks ago and want the pro because i think it would make Bloodborne run better but nope, The game runs the same on both versions, so fuck it, i bought the regular one.

This pro meme needs to die, it's a pointless upgrade. If you want better framerates and 4K better buy a PC.

Some games run noticeably better like Dark Souls 3 but I wouldn't say it's worth it if you don't have a 4k TV

I don't need to because I'm right. I've had a Pro since launch and fuck all games let you choose any option. I can list maybe ten at a push that do, that's not the majority of non indie titles like you claim.

this desu, pcfag and bought a slim for half the price instead.

If you're getting PSVR, definitely.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWwLqbutsfM&t=285s

In the other court though, the xbonex does actually improve it's games performances albeit because the standard xbone is a piece of shit

Absolutely, ESPECIALLY if you plan to get PSVR!
Don't listen to the ignorant and bitter poorfags, shiteaters and Nintendicksuckers ITT.
I suspect 90% of those don't even own a PlayStation.
Many games take advantage of Pro's additional power like Nier Automata for example which runs absolutely solid in 1080p@60fps
Future games like Shadow of Colossus remake, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima will look and run better on Pro.

Also for PSVR games I may suggest you:

Dreams
REZ
Ace Combat

oh fuck yes it will, stuttering is basically absent running it on a pro. FPS on the original was very inconsistent

>Dreams
this had better be good or im gonna be so pissed, i loved lbp1 and 2

>10 dollars has been deposited on your PSN Account.

Please user, stop. Also VR is gonna die soon, no serious gamer cares about it

It barely runs better. Still has terrible frame pacing so that it feels worse than BOTW. You need an mCable to reduce the aliasing and chromatic abberation

the base PS4 can output HDR btw

you have to be 18+ to visit this board.

I'm 26 user, so go eat a bag of dicks.

>10 dollars has been deposited on your PSN Account.
I fucking wish.
>serious gamer

youtube.com/watch?v=S2DWOdkpUDU

youtube.com/watch?v=xd_fqWZghIk

youtube.com/watch?v=Jto-03HKX9I

youtube.com/watch?v=odfYSiTpXpo

Give it some time user. On 1 or 2 years nobody will give a fuck about this VR shit.

I sold my OG PS4 for this and play on a 1080p monitor only

It's been great, much-much better than the vanilla console - better performance in pretty much every game I play, better resolution and boost mode is a nice bonus. Also you can stream at 60 fps and 1080p if you're into that thing.

It makes some games outright playable compared to the OG console (TLG is the best example).
If you like your vanilla PS4, you'll like this one much, much more.

no

noooooooooooo

stop buying playstation consoles, it makes me very upset

Bloodborne frame pacing is noticeable in old yharnarm and another location. Dark Souls 3 frame pacing is everywhere and relentless, it bugs fuck out of me in Dark Souls 3 way more than Bloodborne. How was the game engine not fixed? It went through all Souls games on console but Souls 3 frame pacing is ever fucking present and it bugs me more than it should. Bloodborne doesn't since it's mildly noticeable in two locations.

Not really. The main difference between the pro and the original is a beefier gpu, which mainly improves resolution. Framerate is tied to the cpu, which went largely (if not entirely?) unimproved in the pro.
If you're still playing at 1080, then obviously you'd want higher framerates, which the pro doesn't really offer.